In his 10+ years as captain, I never once saw Scott Stevens hang his h

metallidevils

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see people being so hard on Patty.

When the 100% Patty Elias is playing again i hope you remeber this F**cking stupid thread.

The guy is still not recoverd from a disease that can KILL YOU.

If Patty hadnt been so physically fit he could have died.

Bullsh!t. Nobody who takes 10 shots in a game is not giving 100%.

Elias and Gomer played like the 2-time Stanley Cup Champions they are tonight.

If anything, the Langenbrunner line was awful tonight. Couldn't get one pass connected.

I'm so proud of Patty as our captain this year. He is going to be a great one. Give it another year, you'll see. He overcame a big responsibility and big shoes to fill this year. He'll be better prepared next year.

But to say he wasn't trying, we do not need you as a fan if you are stupid enough to think that.

This was Elias's first full season in THREE years. He'll play better next year. Yeah he still loses his confidence too easily but hopefully he'll grow more into the captaincy next year. As Tri said he's not going anywhere anyway so it's pointless to call for his head. Effort is NOT an issue with Elias though.

I knew what I said in the other thread about keeping this to one thread would fall on deaf ears :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

This organization prides itself on having players that give 100%, every game.

This is why people like Sergei Brylin have been here for 15 years.

This isn't a troll thread; this isn't an impulsive thread. You're not going to hear me say "Clemmenson would have won this game!" or "Trade everyone!!!" I admittedly don't know what goes on in the lockerroom but I see a lack of leadership, at least on the ice. When you see your own captain with his head down, on the ice, with a minute left, how could the players on the bench not give up?

Good to see people being so hard on Patty.

When the 100% Patty Elias is playing again i hope you remeber this F**cking stupid thread.

The guy is still not recoverd from a disease that can KILL YOU.

If Patty hadnt been so physically fit he could have died.

Look, when I made this thread I was admittedly angry - still am. Maybe I'm still used to having a guy like Stevens as Captain...who gave everything he got, and his checks can turn a game around. I know Elias has been sick, but I haven't seen take over a game, or just play possessed, like he did against the Rangers last year (AFTER his hep.). I shouldn't have been so harsh, but I'm losing patience with this guy already and I do stand by my words.

Edited by metallidevils

This organization prides itself on having players that give 100%, every game.

This is why people like Sergei Brylin have been here for 15 years.

This isn't a troll thread; this isn't an impulsive thread. You're not going to hear me say "Clemmenson would have won this game!" or "Trade everyone!!!" I admittedly don't know what goes on in the lockerroom but I see a lack of leadership, at least on the ice. When you see your own captain with his head down, on the ice, with a minute left, how could the players on the bench not give up?

As long as he's a Devil I'll support him the best I can. All I ask is that the guy plays with more confidence out there/leads by example. You don't have to score 50 goals a season to be a worthy captain, just go out there and give it your all. If he is still recovering from his hepatitis, then it is more understandable why he has played the way that he has.

If he has this disappearing act in the playoffs again next year, I'll bump this thread.

But we did see Scott Stevens stand around like a pylon in 1999 while Jaromir Jagr banged in the tying goal to force OT and eventually game 7. The Stevens led Devils were disgraceful underachievers between 1995 and 1999.