Nashville Gets Another Goalie

sundstrom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see Nashville fold, at least Edmonton has some history & tradition. Nashville is on of Bettmans dixie land expansion teams, they shouldn't even exist.

So how will Nashville ever have a history or tradition? I don't get it, people want teams with history and tradtition to get in, but don't want teams without it to attain it.

If Edmonton makes it, it will probably be Edmonton-Dallas again.. BORING.

I'm rooting for Nashville.

Exactly, how many times have we seen this match up already? I bet Edmonton doesn't even want to see Dallas in the first round since they know they'll be eliminated.

well then let's move Nashville up north and give them to Winnipeg or Hartford or Quebec City. Those 3 cities should have NHL teams before Nashville.

How will the NHL ever attract new fans if you put teams in locations that already have fans?

well then let's move Nashville up north and give them to Winnipeg or Hartford or Quebec City. Those 3 cities should have NHL teams before Nashville.

No truer words have ever been said.

I agree with you 7'.

Also, Tri, I realize Dallas and Edmonton have played a bunch of times in the playoffs.

But you didn't find most of their series compelling???

Most of those series were great! Two years ago was an amazing series as well.

Every game decided by a goal and 3 or 4 went to OT!

As far as who makes it, I wish both teams could get in. I'd like to see Nashville in. It would be a great story.

Edmonton because of tradition and because one of my friends is a fan of theirs.

But both can't get in unfortunately :P .

I don't care much about the 1 vs. 8 matchup in the West, but I do care about the Edmonton fans, so while they won't be thrilled with playing the Stars again, at least they'll make some money and have a chance at actually beating them if it's no Guerin & Turco.

remember Marchants OT winner in game 7 back in 97, that was great hockey, after that Dallas has dominated with the trap.

Edmonton is due. GO OIL!!!!

move the preds to the ECHL or something, nobody will notice.

Is anything better than playoff hockey at the Northlands Coliseum??? the crowd goes ballistic, the players are lightning fast on that ice surface. You won't see any traps here.

that's hockey

The Gaylord Entertainment Center :puke: .....please go away

I'd rather see Nashville upset the Stars. The Stars/Oils story is getting old. Doesn't matter how exciting the past was, it's the same teams, with most likely the same outcome.

Yah, Nashville may be a filler, but how are they ever supposed to grow out of that? Just because YOU don't care about them, doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

Nashville should exist, just not now. In 2020 they should exist, that's when the NHL should've been ready to expand again. But irreparable damage has already been done.

anyways, they're still 5 points out and have played way over there heads. Legwand is gone and they stink on the road. So don't get your hopes up with the Preds.

That was two years ago, people. Since then, Salo's gotten worse, Edmonton has gotten worse, and Dallas has gotten much better.

I predict a sweep for Dallas if Edmonton is in the 8 spot.

I like to see new blood in the playoffs. New players getting their chance to shine, new fans getting the chance to see playoff hockey. As Derek said, I'd like them both in..

You can live in 1994 all you want, ^7^, it's not coming back.

This will only be Tampa's 2nd playoff appearence in 11 years. They have never won a round and won't win this year. They're like the new Whalers or Jets, just without the charm ;)

Minnesota needed another team, glad Bettman gave back to them

I can't believe the Anaheim franchise is still called the "Mighty Ducks" how can you wear that crest with any pride at all?