Do you think that there will be a new goal horn and goal song in Prude

RunninWithTheDevil

I threw the iPod on random play and this song came on:

I thought it would make a good goal song... or just something for opening night at the Prudential Center.

That would be an awesome song for opening night. Or "I Wanna Rock". I was thinking "Crystal Skull" By Mastodon would be an awesome intro song as the Devils skate onto the ice. That or the traditional "A New Game" by Sam Spence into "Hells Bells".

I hope we keep the horn though.

btw I still believe that the Hey Song will be back in either the 08-09 or 09-10 season cause by the time those seasons roll around people will have forgotten why it was banned in the first place.
Edited by Don

I'm not saying if it's it right or wrong but that is what I think will happen. It has happened before with the Devils. They banned the song a few seasons ago cause the same sort of stuff came up with Gary and than the song came back a few seasons after.

Well, the same thing happened with the Dallas Stars. They pulled it after the NHL *ASKED* teams to ban it. But the fans demanded it back... and at the time it was a symbolic gesture more than anything because of they way they calculated royalties. Because the NHL as a whole didn't ban the song and it was just a request, the league was still paying the royalties on the song. And whether it was played once, or a thousand times, it got the same amount in royalties. It wasn't until they changed the formula that the Devils became serious about finding a new song. Now each team pays the royalties and it is by number of times a song is played. At least according to the Devils PR department.

The Devils PR said that with the NHL changing the way that they calculated royalties where the more you play a particular song, the more that individual artist is paid, they couldn't in all good conscience put money back in the pocket of a know child molester.

No. A member of another Devils board wrote to the Devils complaining about the song being removed and he posted the response on this other forum:

Now, for sure this person could have faked the whole e-mail and lied about it being a response from the Devils PR department. But it certainly sounds legit - and I have confirmed the new formula via other links on the web.