Name the T-Devils mascot

Devils1985

I suspect they wanted the name Devil Dawg before the contest began. So they chucked the other names and drew from the pool of kids who had "Devil Dawg" as their entry.

I'm not sure whether the name reminds me more of that chocolate twinkie-like snack cake, or of the US Marines (a.k.a. Devil Dogs). Anyway the purpose of the mascot is to attract kids, which is why DD is so tubby and non-threatening. He actually looks a lot like :koolaid: come to think of it.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of animal the Trenton mascot will be, because of that silhouette. It doesn't look like another Hound from Hell, and it doesn't look like a carbon copy of the big club's Devil. So has anyone seen it yet?

Well he's not really a dog. He's just a cuddly looking Devil and when they held the mascot naming contest "Devil Dawg" won. I don't know...I guess you could call him a dog, but he doesn't look too much like it to me:

http://www.lowelldevilshockey.com/community/mascot.php

Haha that looks more like a teddy bear than anything else. Guess that's the idea anyway though.

I went with TD for the Trenton Devil contest. I have yet to see exactly what he looks like.

Except this one, which I imagine is a goner. post-909-1190634635_thumb.jpg

Oh that's bull! I shoulda added onto the last post. It was w/i 2 minutes! :rant:

post-909-1190634635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Masked Fan

That's pretty lame. Why do they have a dog?

I submitted Cerburus (pronounced Sir Burrus) for that one. I told them that the play on words with the brrrr could be a gem for promotions and products and how fitting it was that the Devils minor league team mascot wouls be like the devil hound guarding the gates to hell (NHL Devils).

:saddevil: Alas, they lacked vision. I'll bet a PR guru like LA03 would've liked it! :koolaid:

Clever idea, but unfortunately with marketing if you have to explain it, it probably won't work.

Clever idea, but unfortunately with marketing if you have to explain it, it probably won't work.

Not to mention it's spelled Cerberus :)

The mascot in the pic above is/was Rivet, one of the Titans old mascots. Clash was the other.

Rivet came into being because the Clash costume had a habit of scaring little kids.

Edit: I have a Clash bobble head here at work, he's holding the Kelly cup over his head and has a wild-eyed look about him, even in bobble head form...

Edited by Devils1985