GDT: DEVILS @ FLYERS 7:00PM TV FSNY /HD NET Radio 660 XM 237

Devilish34

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not that i can recall.. i think its time to give MArty just a break.. i know it may seem odd but just rest him from the Isles game (meaning give Weekes the start vs NYI) and let Marty be ready for the Rangers, and hopefully clear the problems out of his head =/..

And now another thing to blame thats quite evident - Sutter bad coaching. Starting Marty? Okay LL signed Weekes to play games to rest MArty.. isnt today a rest today? Marty played well in Pitt. why want him to "Add" to it? He only made it worse. So maybe not all blame can be pointed to Marty, but instead at the coach for the decision of starting Brodeur..

Edited by HDuffNoLimit

It's always some freaking excuse too. Either he's slumping and he plays to get out of a slump or he's playing well and he wants to keep the hot streak going. By that standard he wouldn't get a break EVER :P

To think I thought the trend had changed when Weekes played in Florida...but turned out the only reason he played at all was Marty's 'personal issues'.

And at this point I'm not entirely convinced Marty's personal issues aren't a factor for his play on-ice. Yeah I know he played well in the '03 playoffs with issues but honestly there's no other real explanation why he'd be this bad barring injury. Of course we'll probably never know what's going on since things are more tight-lipped than the CIA.

And how much did you want us to outshoot them, 50-10? We outshot them freaking 40-20 or whatever it was and had a ton of quality chances. You can blame the D for a lot but not for tonight.

My detailed analysis of tonight:

:puke:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Yes, Brodeur played like sh!t cakes.

But we didn't get any goals so, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Our PP stank up the place getting no shots on the first 3 power-plays.

I don't know how we managed to get that many shots given how many others hit the boards. They were either 3 feet wide or they hit the crest.

So can't blame Marty -- the whole team played like sh!t cakes.

It really doesn't matter how many shots the defense allows. When they do allow shots, they always seem to be good chances. What was up with the fourth goal? What the f*ck is Mottau doing on that play? And don't get me started on the deflections.

This defense sucks ass. Its actually pitiful to be honest. You could put Jaques Plante in the net and it wouldn't make a difference.

With that being said, I thought the Devils played a solid game but just didn't have any luck. And as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, the Flyers didn't look that great. They played smart D making sure that every shot taken against Biron was clearly visible, but other then that they really didn't impress me much

If the team gets some defensive help and plays like this on most nights, they will win their fair share of games. But Brodeur better stop dragging ass and score a damn goal

Edited by SickMan

The Devils PP will be bad this season. Of that I have little doubt - but that second unit is just terrible. You cannot have Arron Asham and John Madden on a power play - one fine, both, no - neither player has any vision in the offensive zone.

As for tonight, meh. 40 shots, no goals, 2nd game in as many days - it's a game to write off. Once the first was over I figured this one wasn't going to end well for New Jersey.

This road trip just has to end.

It really doesn't matter how many shots the defense allows. When they do allow shots, they always seem to be good chances. What was up with the fourth goal? What the f*ck is Mottau doing on that play? And don't get me started on the deflections.

This defense sucks ass. Its actually pitiful to be honest. You could put Jaques Plante in the net and it wouldn't make a difference.

With that being said, I thought the Devils played a solid game but just didn't have any luck. And as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, the Flyers didn't look that great. They played smart D making sure that every shot taken against Biron was clearly visible, but other then that they really didn't impress me much

If the team gets some defensive help and plays like this on most nights, they will win their fair share of game. But Brodeur better stop dragging ass and score a damn goal