God am I sick of some of you people...

HellOnICE

Don't worry, next game is a must win game and people will slit their wrists in mass unison when they don't connect on the first 7 power plays anyway :P

Just point laugh and enjoy the giggle moments at some mass suicides!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. 7 games and people panic? You guys obviously don't remember the days of being eliminated from the playoffs every year by December. Let's all take a deep breath. The Devils are 3-4, playing all 7 on the road. That's not terrible and there is a whole season to go. Personally I'll be happy with a 5-4 or 4-5 record by the time the Rock opens. Are Devils fans so spoiled? It could be so much worse, trust me, I've seen it. They're not playing that bad and they're gonna get better. Remember, this team is built for the playoffs, not the regular season. They're figuring out Sutter's system and getting better every game. Remember one thing, the coaches know better than you and I. They'll know if this new system isn't gonna work. So relax. :koolaid:

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Take my advice.

Pull down your pants

and slide on the ice.

3 bad games and now Marty is crap and was merely a product of an awsom defense? Nice. All pro athletes go through good and bad streaks, we've seen it before with Marty and we'll see it again. I think i'll wait until Marty is consistantly terrible before I begin to doomsay.

That consisten Marty bashing is getting riduclous already. I mean have you people ever watched hockey???

NO GOALIE can do it all. He's made some great saves in the last 3 games.

Do you want Marty to tie up guys in front of the net? Clear the slot?

This bashing is ridiuclous. Get a clue.

But the pissing and moaning about Marty is ridiclous. Some of you are nuts.

I love Marty, but the only thing I am going to say is "great teams like the Flyers" ??? If the Flyers are considered a great team wait till we play the "really" great teams like Ottawa. The Flyers dont go from last in the league to a great team because they signed Briere, and have Biron. They are a better team than last yr that has started out hot. They will come back to earth.

Now on the Devils?? The Flyers at this point are better than the Devils, but the Devils showed they can put pressure on, but need to bury some of the chances. Man 4 - 5 power plays in the first and nothing to show for it?? The Devils needed to capitalize on at leaset 1 maybe 2 there. They do need defensive help, but they did limit the Cryers in shots, but the problem is most of the shots were GGREAT CHANCES> IN the slot in front etc.

That cannot continue or it will be a VERY LONG SEASON, for Brodeur and the Devils

Edited by SickMan

You can blame the D, the coach, the system, the hot chick in the third row, it doesn't matter. It is what it is, and I'd be truly shocked if it kept up all year. Is it a possibility? Sure, and even if it does -- so what? The man is human, and no one is perfect. Marty will get through the funk and be back to his normal self. Don't forget so quickly who we're talking about here.

It's like the discussion we had about Elias. You can analyze things until you're blue in the face (or red), but sometimes you just have to ask yourself, when was the last time you saw Marty in a game that made you say, "wow, he's standing on his head tonight"? That's what we expect from "superstars", for better or worse. And I agree, the way Biron was playing, he certainly would have stopped that knuckleball shot . . .

- Jeff

And, much like the Elias conversation, some people will have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Can't please everybody all the time, I suppose. Marty's had a rough start to the year, but he will snap out of it as he learns to read his defense and as his defense improves over the course of the season.

Marty will find his groove and prove the doubters wrong...again. That's what champions do.

He's been bad. Its a hockey message board where we are going to talk about who is playing bad and who is playing good. Marty has been bad. end of story. When he is on a roll does he not deserve praise? it goes both ways.

I'm not worried about Marty, he proved to me last year with a lousy D he can preform amazingly. I am one of those people Don mentioned who felt Broduer was being carried by Stevens Nieds et all and a system that thrives around defense but he proved me wrong last year so I'm not going to criticize him just yet. The goals he let in tho have very little to do with the D, other teams are going to get shots, they are going to get a few good chances and great goalies need to step up and make the play. Marty didn't and more over, he knows it. The Flyers were converting on mediocre opportunities all night and in a hockey game you are going to give up mediocre opportunities to the other team. Your goalie has to make the stops. Stevens and Nieds used to miss checks, make mistakes, make a bad pass, get out skated but we never really noticed or cared because Marty would make a routine save and the game would continue.

Every game it seems like someone thinks they are going to make some ground breaking thread about how we don't stand behind our star players or some bullsh!t and that we are all going to become good lil koolaid drinkers who refuse to look at dark spots on the team. Face it, he has been bad, and he will get better but until then people are going to call him out on it and the longer it goes on the longer the focus.

He's been bad. Its a hockey message board where we are going to talk about who is playing bad and who is playing good. Marty has been bad. end of story. When he is on a roll does he not deserve praise? it goes both ways.

I'm not worried about Marty, he proved to me last year with a lousy D he can preform amazingly. I am one of those people Don mentioned who felt Broduer was being carried by Stevens Nieds et all and a system that thrives around defense but he proved me wrong last year so I'm not going to criticize him just yet. The goals he let in tho have very little to do with the D, other teams are going to get shots, they are going to get a few good chances and great goalies need to step up and make the play. Marty didn't and more over, he knows it. The Flyers were converting on mediocre opportunities all night and in a hockey game you are going to give up mediocre opportunities to the other team. Your goalie has to make the stops. Stevens and Nieds used to miss checks, make mistakes, make a bad pass, get out skated but we never really noticed or cared because Marty would make a routine save and the game would continue.

Every game it seems like someone thinks they are going to make some ground breaking thread about how we don't stand behind our star players or some bullsh!t and that we are all going to become good lil koolaid drinkers who refuse to look at dark spots on the team. Face it, he has been bad, and he will get better but until then people are going to call him out on it and the longer it goes on the longer the focus.

perhaps marty will waive his no trade status to go to a nice trapping team to finish out his career.

why would he want to stay with this sinking ship?*

*sarcasm, joke...lol!

Edited by ice dog

That consisten Marty bashing is getting riduclous already. I mean have you people ever watched hockey???

NO GOALIE can do it all. He's made some great saves in the last 3 games. But HELLO...look at his D. Mottau, Oduya, Greene, Rachunek, Vishevski.....COME ON. Neither of these guys are that physical, have experience, know how to PK it, and some don't even belong in the NHL.

Do you want Marty to tie up guys in front of the net? Clear the slot?

Greene could've stood next to Down and give him a free pass?

Could Mottau even do anything but stare at Lupul as he skated by?

Is Martin and Oduya supposed to stop Knuble, Briere ane Gagne on the PK?

We aren't going to beat great teams like the Flyers with a Defense like this. Perhaps some of you could've noticed that every time a Devil went to the net, Hatcher/Smith/Jones cleared that net as if it was Fort Knox in a red-cage. That was the difference tonight.

This bashing is ridiuclous. Get a clue.

This team isn't going to win consistently with this D. It's going to need to beat the teams it can like Pittsburgh and Atlanta, and they will be perfectly fine. Lou will address the D as needed. But until then, they did some very good things tonight. The talent just isn't there right now.

But the pissing and moaning about Marty is ridiclous. Some of you are nuts.

Welcome to NJDEVS

Dont I know it. Every board is the same. Mets, Jets, Devils, whoever. Some complain. Some complain about the complaining. It's actually quite funny now that I'm a tad older. I used to get all worked up over sports, especially the Devils. I actually punched and broke my cable box after losing a tough game to Winnipeg back in 89 or so. Pretty sad now that I think about it. Oh well. Such is life.