God am I sick of some of you people...

HellOnICE

That consisten Marty bashing is getting riduclous already. I mean have you people ever watched hockey???

NO GOALIE can do it all. He's made some great saves in the last 3 games. But HELLO...look at his D. Mottau, Oduya, Greene, Rachunek, Vishevski.....COME ON. Neither of these guys are that physical, have experience, know how to PK it, and some don't even belong in the NHL.

Do you want Marty to tie up guys in front of the net? Clear the slot?

Greene could've stood next to Down and give him a free pass?

Could Mottau even do anything but stare at Lupul as he skated by?

Is Martin and Oduya supposed to stop Knuble, Briere ane Gagne on the PK?

We aren't going to beat great teams like the Flyers with a Defense like this. Perhaps some of you could've noticed that every time a Devil went to the net, Hatcher/Smith/Jones cleared that net as if it was Fort Knox in a red-cage. That was the difference tonight.

This bashing is ridiuclous. Get a clue.

This team isn't going to win consistently with this D. It's going to need to beat the teams it can like Pittsburgh and Atlanta, and they will be perfectly fine. Lou will address the D as needed. But until then, they did some very good things tonight. The talent just isn't there right now.

But the pissing and moaning about Marty is ridiclous. Some of you are nuts.

Edited by HellOnICE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brodeur has been pretty terrible, HOI. He's given up a stoppable goal in each of the last three games. That simply cannot continue.

There've been lots of other poor players on defense.

Tonight's game isn't on Marty - but if he plays this way in the future, other games will be.

Nobody is saying trade Marty and very few if any people are saying he's finished. But let's be honest here, he's allowed one-two soft goals per game. The team won in spite of him (as well as the D) the last two games and he sure didn't help the cause tonight. The only time he's had a stretch like this was two years ago when he had to shed his lockout weight.

Yes the d's been awful for the most part but the Flyers are a good offensive team and we only gave up 20 shots to them.

That consisten Marty bashing is getting riduclous already. I mean have you people ever watched hockey???

NO GOALIE can do it all. He's made some great saves in the last 3 games. But HELLO...look at his D. Mottau, Oduya, Greene, Rachunek, Vishevski.....COME ON. Neither of these guys are that physical, have experience, know how to PK it, and some don't even belong in the NHL.

We aren't going to beat great teams like the Flyers with a Defense like this. Perhaps some of you could've noticed that every time a Devil went to the net, Hatcher/Smith/Jones cleared that net as if it was Fort Knox in a red-cage. That was the difference tonight.

This team isn't going to win consistently with this D. It's going to need to beat the teams it can like Pittsburgh and Atlanta, and they will be perfectly fine. Lou will address the D as needed. But until then, they did some very good things tonight. The talent just isn't there right now.

Edited by Biggie B

I agree with you but I still want to see Weekes in the net more often. Letting in 4-6 goals a game is letting in 4-6 goals a game, no matter how bad the defense. And its not like Marty is stopping 60 shots during these games. He is letting in 4-5 goals on ~20 shots. If you are going to be the one calling the shots around the place then play like it. If you realize that the defense is sh!t then let Weekes take a few in the net cuz its not like you're doing any miracle work so far.

Other than that I love Brodeur, my jersey can attest to that...lol

First of all there's no way I say trade Marty or that he's done.

Nobody is saying trade Marty and very few if any people are saying he's finished. But let's be honest here, he's allowed one-two soft goals per game. The team won in spite of him (as well as the D) the last two games and he sure didn't help the cause tonight. The only time he's had a stretch like this was two years ago when he had to shed his lockout weight.

Yes the d's been awful for the most part but the Flyers are a good offensive team and we only gave up 20 shots to them.

this early in the season there is no reason weekes did not get the start on a back to back, especially with how crazy the last game was.

weekes should have got the nod, he deserved it with his solid play in his other start.

marty looks out of shape as well, a bit bloated kinda like the start of last year. maybe he's eating too much of sheldon's pizza! lol!

things will turn around.

marty had poor starts the last two years. sure they weren't THIS bad, but they weren't great. i remember him giving up a ton of soft goals and a couple of 5 or 6 goal games early.

his history says he'll come around. of course, i think that the current 6 defensemen will have to change for that to happen. white's return or a replacement should come around game 20.

Folks, we are playing a DIFFERENT STYLE OF HOCKEY than we did last year and for the last 13 years. While Brodeur is widely recognized as the best goalie in the league, most educated hockey fans would also acknowledge that our style of play was a contributing factor to Brodeur's stats.

We all knew he gave up soft goals from time to time. It may just be that with a different defensive style, he is now seeing shots that would never have come in years past and he is not expecting them. How many 6-5 and 5-4 games did we have in the past 13 years? I'd bet you could count less than 25.

Marty and the rest of the team will figure out the system, but we aren't going to see the team perfect this style after 10 games.

Folks, we are playing a DIFFERENT STYLE OF HOCKEY than we did last year and for the last 13 years. While Brodeur is widely recognized as the best goalie in the league, most educated hockey fans would also acknowledge that our style of play was a contributing factor to Brodeur's stats.

We all knew he gave up soft goals from time to time. It may just be that with a different defensive style, he is now seeing shots that would never have come in years past and he is not expecting them. How many 6-5 and 5-4 games did we have in the past 13 years? I'd bet you could count less than 25.

Marty and the rest of the team will figure out the system, but we aren't going to see the team perfect this style after 10 games.

When people watch a game and see the other team score on a weak goal, they immediately blame the goalie and reflect on it in the GDTs (including me), I think its just the immediate impact of the anger that makes you point something out and say its "their fault".. Its only human instincts if you ask me.. but I do agree with your points, Marty has no D in front of him.. In fact now that I think of it, if we had this offense with last year's defense we would very good.. and i mean very good

Dew, I just don't think the system is all that crazy different defensively. What's making these games different is the defensive core we have. It's just not as good. Marty's making great saves, but he's not god. No goalie could be doing amazingly/significantly better in his shoes right now.

Edited by nmigliore