The Non goal

reggy

I was at the game and had a perfect view of the play. He didn't kick it in. That said you can't blame the loss on that the Devils didn't deserve to win the game. You have to be able to get the puck out of your zone to win and by in large (especially in the second) they couldn't do that.

Even if he did kick it, Kolzig was the one who ended up kicking it into his own net anyway. I could be wrong but I think if a player kicks it and then the goalie ends up putting it in his own net then it's a good goal either way. If that's true, then the Toronto morons really screwed us over.

Edited by devilsfan26

Even if he did kick it, Kolzig was the one who ended up kicking it into his own net anyway. I could be wrong but I think if a player kicks it and then the goalie ends up putting it in his own net then it's a good goal either way. If that's true, then the Toronto morons really screwed us over.

It was a gaol but the Devs didn't deserve to win that one...

+1

From Sutter himself "That's not why we lost, though," Sutter said "Our second period. We had 18 brutal players in the second period. We left our goalie hung out."

Props to Sutter for taking the Non-Torterella route and blaming whos at fault - the players - and not the refs.

Excellent point.

And as far as "we didn't deserve to win anyway"........I disagree. They played like crap, but sh*t happens and sometimes you win when you play bad, and having a clearly good goal disallowed is not right.

Right now, I feel like Penguins fans when the Staal goal is disallowed because of too many men on the ice penalty during a Devil game. go Pens go (beat the Flyers tonite)

Anyways, those goal judges in TO need to buy some glasses and stop drinking alcohols during working time.

Right now, I feel like Penguins fans when the Staal goal is disallowed because of too many men on the ice penalty during a Devil game. go Pens go (beat the Flyers tonite)

Anyways, those goal judges in TO need to buy some glasses and stop drinking alcohols during working time.

That's a little different, isn't it? Sure a goal was taken away, but you aren't allow to score when your team has been assessed a penalty. Mottau's was a good goal.

Excellent point.

And as far as "we didn't deserve to win anyway"........I disagree. They played like crap, but sh*t happens and sometimes you win when you play bad, and having a clearly good goal disallowed is not right.

Yea there's plenty of close games where a team gets outplayed and still ends up winning. On the Capitals side, they can be saying that they were lucky to win that game because of the non goal and the fact that they should have won by more than one considering how bad the Devils were in the 2nd period, so it can go either way.