LOST season 4 thread

metallidevils

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So 6 people get off the island - Jack, Kate, Hurley, Locke, Sawyer (? - Kate's with someone - is it Sawyer?) and who else? It seems that some people from both groups (Locke's & Jack's) manage to get rescued.

I want Jack to tell the guy that is coming to "rescue" them something like "What the F are you doing parachuting in? Where is the boat you promised?!?!?!"

I also liked last episode how Jack is all clean cut and seems to be doing well for himself and we know something is coming that puts him over a cliff, either something sudden or he has gnawing guilt that he is covering up.

I want Jack to tell the guy that is coming to "rescue" them something like "What the F are you doing parachuting in? Where is the boat you promised?!?!?!"

I also liked last episode how Jack is all clean cut and seems to be doing well for himself and we know something is coming that puts him over a cliff, either something sudden or he has gnawing guilt that he is covering up.

Yeah - wasn't he pouring hooch into his OJ though? Jack is way skinnier and haggard this year -- I think that was a choice on the actors part.

holy crap...

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/01/l...-it-begins.html

NOT A spoiler...the last mobisode

What's a mobisode?

I kinda thought it was showing us that alcohol plays a part in the mess he seems to become later.

This is a dumb question.. the guy in the chair.. not Jacks dad right?

Also...Someone told me that the 6 people off the island are jack, kate, hurley, sayid, jin and sun. I disagreed... not that they cant be right.. I just thought it made more sense that sawyer would be one since Kate was sneaking around to see jack.. and well I didnt feel that jin and sun were significant enough characters... I guess I could be wrong.

It almost turned into a nasty work argument... cause she insisted she was right cause her husband is a fanatic.. and I just thought ..Im not certain who they are..but how can you KNOW its them if we only saw 3.... she was "certain"

OK -- I've totally blanked - we don't know where the other Others are right? I still think of him as Henry Gale -- so Ben left them all and his little posse got blasted.

SO metali - has anyone on your sites gone back to look at the Henry Gale ID? Was there anything on that - was he a normal parachuter or someone like Naomi - from some third group? I'm sure it's totally irrelevant - I suck at computer games like this.

And why didn't the others just take control of Desmond's hatch if they knew it was so important? Did they not know? Did they just make sure he kept things going? Why wasn't THAT Ben's top priority when he was in the hatch seeing how wacked out everyone was getting? Why was it all Eco and Locke? Or did they know it wasn't important really one way or the other? it was important to the Island -- or the smoke monster :noclue: That's sort of why I wonder if the island isn't alive. blowing up a little hurt it. :noclue:

I of course ask stupid questions no one else asks because they aren't relevant to the mysteries we're supposed to follow :noclue:

So I'm thinking since Hurley said that "it" will do anything it can to get them back - the Island/smoke monster has a mind of it's own separate from Jacob. It holds souls captive obviously. I figure that must be the main thrust of this season - introducing the character of the smoke monster or Island itself - what it's capable of - probably not so much why it's doing what it's doing. I figure maybe it's just trying to save itself. I think there's no good or evil side -- both sides are sympathetic depending on which one you're on... like everything. I just have a feeling we'll feel for whatever it is keeping them there even if it needs to be ultimately defeated.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Oh wait a sec -- I just watched the mobisode Metali linked to. So -- well that would make me think that Jacob must be the smoke monster. I mean to me, that was just the smoke monster being another dead guy (even if it was the time of the crash) -- but then having him in Jacob's chair makes me think we're supposed to deduce the smoke monster is Jacob :noclue:

pepper - the real henry gale was, at least from what we've seen so far, nothing more than a regular parachutist who happened to crash on the island.

I don't actually know why the others didn't take control of the station. I remember Ben even trying to convince Locke that the whole place was a joke. I can't think of a reason, at least based on what we know so far, as to why Ben would want the countdown to happen. My only guess was that he was being honest, and actually thought the place didn't have any actual function.

To answer a few questions StarDew...it has been said that Michael will be back sometime before the first 8 eps (all they've shot since the strike) And the black guy was in Hurley's flash forward...he was the one asking him about the other survivors while Hurley was in the mental hospital...