Return of the Rockin' Rollers??

skeeter

Didn't see this posted anywhere...a friend of mine forwarded me this website for the new roller hockey league that's supposed to be starting in April. Not sure how they're gonna get it off the ground that quickly, especially without any teams yet. I think it's kind of stupid to start in April when the Stanley Cup playoffs are just starting. I liked the old RHI when it started in June and gave you a hockey fix through early September. I wonder if any of the arenas around here would be up for a team. To this new league, I say good luck bros....

http://www.mlrh.com/MLRH_MAIN.html

I used to love going to Rockin Rollers games (and Red Dogs games too, for that matter)! I went to the game where the Rollers lost to Anaheim (the Bullfrogs I think) in the championship game. We got Tony Szabo when the Long Island Jawz fell apart and all the sudden turned into a great team. That was a fun game to watch and I hope this league succeeds. As long as they don't put in those ramps behind the nets like Pro Beach Hockey had.

Look at their website, no teams are even announced yet, there is no contact information for the teams to hire staff and the season is less than 4 full months away. Teams should have been announced already so staff could start trying to sell season tickets and market the teams. I wouldn't even be that shocked if there is no season this year.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I think it is a huge difference. The MISL is a league that has been around for a bunch of years and their teams have shown they can draw decent crowds. Also only 5 out of the 9 teams play in arenas with a capacity over 11,000. This Major League Roller Hockey league doesn't even have the teams announced yet. I think that is an insane marketing move and I believe it is a bad sign that this league won't be up and running in April and certainly not in NHL/NBA arenas around the country. I will be shocked if they get all the teams announced in NHL arenas and hire full staff and sell season ticket packages and do all the grassroots projects these teams will have to do to get people aware of the teams. This league should start off in AHL/ECHL arenas before it even tries to makes an attempt to go to NHL arenas. It will flop big time if it starts off in NHL arenas. That's just my opinion.

This league isn't really that new, it's been around pretty much since the RHI went down. It's been much smaller-scale though. Instead of holding games in arenas they held games at more local rinks, like Inman Sports Club in Edison. Sounds like they are just trying to re-create themselves now at a bigger scale than before.

The Rockin' Rollers aren't coming back, that was a totally different league.

I knew I would get that as soon as I posted the word icetime, but I was too lazy to go back and edit my post. :P

Anyway, anybody know if they would pay the money to get the icetime floortime :noclue: at the rock?

Didn't see this posted anywhere...a friend of mine forwarded me this website for the new roller hockey league that's supposed to be starting in April. Not sure how they're gonna get it off the ground that quickly, especially without any teams yet. I think it's kind of stupid to start in April when the Stanley Cup playoffs are just starting. I liked the old RHI when it started in June and gave you a hockey fix through early September. I wonder if any of the arenas around here would be up for a team. To this new league, I say good luck bros....

http://www.mlrh.com/MLRH_MAIN.html

People don't even want to go see cheap affordable ice hockey there so I doubt they would go see roller hockey there.

I get the feeling the attendance problem in Trenton is the same as the one in Lowell ... the Devils' minor league teams don't win very often and this franchise is absolutely terrible when it comes to marketing. I don't think attendance for some other event in Trenton could be predicted based on the Devils.

I get the feeling the attendance problem in Trenton is the same as the one in Lowell ... the Devils' minor league teams don't win very often and this franchise is absolutely terrible when it comes to marketing. I don't think attendance for some other event in Trenton could be predicted based on the Devils.

Trenton wasn't drawing that well when they were on their way to winning the cup in 05 either.