Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

11's not to early for me, though judging by Scott's response, we may be sans a goalie, which could be problematic.

Let me find out what time this party is Sunday before I say no :P

Still doesn't solve the goalie issue, though.

You could swing by the mall and steal one of those cardboard cutouts from the shoe store.

All the perks of Crasher w/o the slashing. :ph34r:

post-909-125145621455_thumb.jpg

And a LOT easier on the eyes!

I feel the need to change something in my life. The second job is a start but not a great one until it allows me to quit the first job. So that doesn't count as change yet.

Suggestions?

Where are you working for your second job? (I didn't read other pages in this thread so sorry if you mentioned it) Looking for change? Once I get my recording studio started you should intern...hell maybe I'll have enough money one day to even pay ya one day! On a serious note though best of luck, maybe pick up a new hobby or try to be more active in one, like I think you may play some guitar so try to get more into that. For me its been making beats lately. Good way to do something productive and get your mind off of things.

Since I need to work a full time job to get my studio started I got a job canvassing since it was the first place to call me back. I don't think its going to last a long time since I suck at it and to be honest I feel dick going to people's doors asking for money even when its for a good cause. Hopefully I can find a job that can last for a while soon.

RIP DJ AM

Where are you working for your second job? (I didn't read other pages in this thread so sorry if you mentioned it) Looking for change? Once I get my recording studio started you should intern...hell maybe I'll have enough money one day to even pay ya one day! On a serious note though best of luck, maybe pick up a new hobby or try to be more active in one, like I think you may play some guitar so try to get more into that. For me its been making beats lately. Good way to do something productive and get your mind off of things.

Since I need to work a full time job to get my studio started I got a job canvassing since it was the first place to call me back. I don't think its going to last a long time since I suck at it and to be honest I feel dick going to people's doors asking for money even when its for a good cause. Hopefully I can find a job that can last for a while soon.

RIP DJ AM

I'm not at liberty to discuss my second job on the board, but it's 1000 times more interesting and fun than my current job.

And I'm not even kidding, keep me posted if you manage to get the recording studio thing set up. I've always been interested in audio production, just haven't been able to afford the equipment and stuff.

I do play some guitar, just not well. It'd be enough to do a solo acoustic thing if I could actually sing, but I can't, so it's...not much. :lol:

And yeah, canvassing SUCKS. But, you gotta do what you can right now. Not a lot of places are hiring full time employees who aren't specialized in something, which sucks terribly - I want out of retail desperately, but I've been doing it so long, I don't have any skills elsewhere.

I'm not at liberty to discuss my second job on the board, but it's 1000 times more interesting and fun than my current job.

And I'm not even kidding, keep me posted if you manage to get the recording studio thing set up. I've always been interested in audio production, just haven't been able to afford the equipment and stuff.

I do play some guitar, just not well. It'd be enough to do a solo acoustic thing if I could actually sing, but I can't, so it's...not much. :lol:

And yeah, canvassing SUCKS. But, you gotta do what you can right now. Not a lot of places are hiring full time employees who aren't specialized in something, which sucks terribly - I want out of retail desperately, but I've been doing it so long, I don't have any skills elsewhere.

Not at liberty to discuss...damn man, whatever it is it must be intense. :blink:

I'll definitely keep you updated on the studio although it may be a slow process. My plan is to work a full time job and use money to rent out a place, then I need to do some construction for sound treatment/proofing, then over time I need to upgrade my equipment and add to my mic locker. Once I get a place and construction done I should be making money from it though so with two incomes the upgrading phase should move quickly.

When I was canvassing on Thursday I got into a conversation with a guy whose son plays drums in a band and knows a lot of kids in bands in the Middletown area. I actually dropped my name and e-mail for networking purposes so at least I'm being somewhat productive on the job for my own selfish reasons.

I hear ya on retail, I worked in grocery store throughout high school, it wasn't necessarily horrible but its something I would prefer to avoid, customers suck. My last job wasn't too bad driving around delivering auto parts, going to warehouses, handling stock, etc. I kind of topped out at $9 an hour but if I have to I'm willing to go back there. It would at least give me enough money to get the studio space.

I start work at The Office of the Governor in 8.5 hours... ahhhh I'm so nervous!! this is my first real job

Good luck man, hope it goes well for you. My girlfriend (well sort of, its complicated lol) started interning there last week. It runs until December and she can't wait to end it. As usual as an intern she pretty much does the bitch work and puts up with an annoying commute, but it should look good on her resume. I hope you enjoy whatever your doing there a lot more than she does.

I start work at The Office of the Governor in 8.5 hours... ahhhh I'm so nervous!! this is my first real job

Look at it this way

no matter how bad you do, you can't screw it up any more then the idiots in charge anyway B )

I really...really...REALLY...want an apartment in Hoboken.

Honestly, you should really...really...REALLY consider a place in my section of Weehawken. Hoboken is a great neighborhood but it's extremely overpriced. I live on the "other side" of Weehawken, which is almost Union City and Hoboken is literally 5 minutes away. Plus, parking is nightmareish in Hoboken...much easier in my part of Weehawken.

Plus, no offense to anybody who lives there, but you should really avoid Union City if you can. While my place is literally half a block away, the quality of the neighborhood is night and day.

Man those water barrier bandaids are grossing me out. I cut my middle finger - (duh to start with) They just get gross and I had to change the freaking thing a LOT at first and they're a bitch to get off... and they -- they keep water out and all -- but they also trap it IN so I had this gross white prune of a finger before long. and they look gross and all sticky and filthy.

so... yeah...

randomness....

Here are some WRONG answers:

Dallas

Oklahoma City

Denver

Cincinnati

Columbus

Houston

New York City

Phoenix

San Jose

Las Vegas

Santa Fe

Albuquerque

Philadelphia

Providence

Baton Rouge

Milwaukee

Minneapolis

Detroit

Honolulu

Tampa

Miami

Reno

Sacramento

Salt Lake City

San Juan

Kansas City

Denver

Austin

San Antonio

Corpus Christi

Pittsburgh

Hartford

Boise

Kansas city

Fort Wayne

Salem

Buffalo

Rochester

St. Paul

Lincoln

Springfield

Eugenia

Cheyenne

Bismarck

Sault. Ste Marie

Des Moines

Portland (Oregon)

Omaha

Louisville

Memphis

Indianapolis

has anyone ever broken an apartment lease before? i'm about halfway through mine but i gotta get out and get a different place. my roomie hasn't been paying rent and i just can't pay for two people. am i pretty much screwed? i'm going to give notice before outright leaving and my landlord seems like a pretty cool guy. actually, he's kind of an idiot and building management is a side job for him so he's never really all that interested. he hasn't made the improvements to this place like he promised...could i potentially pin it on that too?