WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

Yes I can admit that their ratings weren't as horrible as they should have been but thankfully I'm not a blind TNA mark like you are. Have fun in your little dream world where TNA is going to take down the big bad WWE. Thanks for the great back and forth conversation where you brought nothing to the table.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about trying to respond with an actual response? I can go back and forth about this topic as long as you want. Here is what else is wrong with TNA, they are going to have nothing to sustain a 1.5 every week. The ratings will drop back down once people see that Hogan is only going to make TNA worse and that nothing good is going to come out of the situation. I'm all for WWE have great competition, it's just a shame that TNA is a joke. I'd rather see ROH succeed, but that is another thing that won't ever happen.

Not only that, but the casual wrestling fan/non-wrestling fan who tuned in solely because of Hogan tuned in because of the hype. That kind of hype is impossible to sustain. In three weeks tops, TNA's ratings will be back to normal. Especially when the casual fan is looking for impact on Monday night and can't find it :P

..ah what awesome news to get before the night ended. The forums/radio/blogs (over the past hour) have been buzzing with how much of a success the ratings news is. Props to Value, Devil Dan, Manta, Dave30, and everyone else who foreshadowed accurately, based on intellectual trackrecords.. that the haters just can't seem to look past.

Can't wait till Scotty2Hottie comes back home from the game. But I'm sure his reasoning will be more spin'service, SH (tried) to lay.

..ah what awesome news to get before the night ended. The forums/radio/blogs (over the past hour) have been buzzing with how much of a success the ratings news is. Props to Value, Devil Dan, Manta, Dave30, and everyone else who foreshadowed accurately, based on intellectual trackrecords.. that the haters just can't seem to look past.

Can't wait till Scotty2Hottie comes back home from the game. But I'm sure his reasoning will be more spin'service, SH (tried) to lay.

yes, because whenever Satans Hockey tried to argue you're point, you responded with a failblog picture. He has explained that he doesn't hate TNA and wants it to succeed. I feel the same way. There is just a difference between reality, which is a 1.5 rating is going to be at least 2.0 lower than what WWE pulled, and looking through those rose glasses of yours sipping on Kool-aid and thinking that this is the end of WWE's monopoly on the wrestling business.

yes, because whenever Satans Hockey tried to argue you're point, you responded with a failblog picture. He has explained that he doesn't hate TNA and wants it to succeed. I feel the same way. There is just a difference between reality, which is a 1.5 rating is going to be at least 2.0 lower than what WWE pulled, and looking through those rose glasses of yours sipping on Kool-aid and thinking that this is the end of WWE's monopoly on the wrestling business.

I listened to all your empty cracks last night throughout the show, trying to prognosticate which wrestlers\moments\segments were "failures".. and guess what? -Don't give up you day jobs! The people have spoken, and the show was a success. The ratings are in.. and a new record was set. The intervals were rated.. and the Old Farts drew the highest. I never said TNA will overtake WWE based on last night. Rome wasn't built in a day. But they are moving in the right direction to compete.

#1. Start\Fund Wrestling Company. (2002)

#2. Groom company talent. (2003)

#3. Pay-Pay-Views. (2004)

#4. Acquire "Name" Wrestlers. (2005)

#5. Television Deal. (2006)

#6. Move it to a weekly fixture. (2007)

#7. Percentage rating increase\growth. (2008)

#8. Cross-Country\Worldwide Live Events. (2009)

#9. Compete. Move to Monday Nights. (2010)

#10. DO IT AGAIN.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1867/84/

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1867/84/

I firmly believe that Hogan is not in this for the betterment of the business. He has lost a sh!tload of money in his divorce case, and he's trying to make more. When and if (and this is a big if to me) Hogan proves that he is actually in it for the business (and don't tell me that he said so on a scripted show), I will fully support TNA. Its not TNA I hate; its Hogan,Bischoff, and Russo.

So I guess when hogan was claiming a 3.0 and then backed off to a 2.0, that getting 2/3rds of the way there is now a win??

But hey I should be intimidated because he uses my real name or something right??

Its a STEP, as I expected tna acted like it was an epic win....its not, but hey I guess beating out wwECW is progress??? Sure!

I firmly believe that Hogan is not in this for the betterment of the business. He has lost a sh!tload of money in his divorce case, and he's trying to make more. When and if (and this is a big if to me) Hogan proves that he is actually in it for the business (and don't tell me that he said so on a scripted show), I will fully support TNA. Its not TNA I hate; its Hogan,Bischoff, and Russo.

Exactly, he also lost a lot of money when his son wrecked the car and hurt his friend badly. I lost all respect for Hogan when I heard him say that the kid (who was suppose to be his sons best friend) deserved to be a vegetable. Hogan can go fvck himself.

Jeff Hardy isn't going to be around for very long. He has a trial to deal with coming up and he could get a few years in jail, maybe that will finally wake him up.

Exactly, he also lost a lot of money when his son wrecked the car and hurt his friend badly. I lost all respect for Hogan when I heard him say that the kid (who was suppose to be his sons best friend) deserved to be a vegetable. Hogan can go fvck himself.

Jeff Hardy isn't going to be around for very long. He has a trial to deal with coming up and he could get a few years in jail, maybe that will finally wake him up.

I forgot about that quote, but I do remember him saying that at some point now that you mention it. I also remember a phone call with his son got recorded when his son was in prison and they were discussing a possible reality tv show for his son when he got out. He's a big POS.

Also, Hardy got indicted today. Whoops.

So I guess when Hogan was claiming a 3.0...

...he delivered it. ;)

It's a step...

...exactly. That's all everyone is saying right now. Whether it takes 4 more months, or 4 more years.. the pace is irrelevant. As long as they continue to move forward. They set new records in 2009 in *merchandise sales, *house show venues, *PPV buyrates, *website hits, and now (to kick off 2010) *TV ratings.

When you're a 7 year old company, going against a juggernaut.. it's a series of small victories throughout the way. (and last night was unquestionable, a victory) They went up against a RAW w/Hitman, AND an incredibly high rated Fiesta Bowl... and set a new record for themselves. Under their annual increase percentage figures, they could be averaging 2.0 type numbers in the nielsen ratings, by 2012.

I have no doubt in seeing another Monday Night iMPACT! in the near future.

..........Just a great week overall for wrestling. :D

Yes they set new records for themselves but you forget to mention that all of the previous records weren't very impressive. For example if TNA sold 1,000 tickets in 2008 and sold 2,000 tickets in 2009 its breaking a record but the problem is it isn't impressive at all, even if it was double than last year. It's all in how you look at things.

Hulk Hogan is 1 step forward 3 steps backwards. Yes he brought in more viewers but they also changed the channel when he left when they realized he isn't going to be wrestling. Unless TNA does something to keep people interested, which they won't because of their bad booking they are all going to leave and tna will be right back to where they started

Yes they set new records for themselves but you forget to mention that all of the previous records weren't very impressive. For example if TNA sold 1,000 tickets in 2008 and sold 2,000 tickets in 2009 its breaking a record but the problem is it isn't impressive at all, even if it was double than last year. It's all in how you look at things.

You beating a dead horse on "where they measure" -or- "what's considered successful" is silly.. because you're contrasting them to a federation that's been around for a hundred years. The wrestling business is not where it was in the mid-to-late 90's. You just can't take these gigantic strides, and expect them all to pay off. It's baby steps when you're trying to cultivate a promotion, and TNA is ahead of the learning curve head & shoulders in that department. Go find me a wrestling company (AWA, NWA, WCW, ROH, ECW, WWWF) any wrestling company, and let me know how their first few years in business looked. Look over their first 7½ years ie; *growth, *profit, *revenue, *exposure, *marketing, etc.. the whole kit and kaboodle. Tell me if you can compare them on ANY LEVEL.. to where those organizations were (after 7½ years) vs. where TNA is right now.

------------------------------------------------------------

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TV_Reports_9/article_37927.shtml

"...even Vince must be impressed. No one expected such high numbers from TNA's first ever debut on Monday night. They set the table for things in the future, and with the ratings in, one has to wonder how long Spike TV will wait to pull the trigger on a full-time Monday night run. This show gets a strong rating from me, not for it's overall content, but for my extreme excitement for the wrestling industry right now. If a couple more debuts are on the way, TNA could draw some interest from a lot of casual fans. I was psyched for this show, but am even more excited for what the future can hold. Imagine how a hyped show like this abound with rumors would perform in the ratings without competition from Raw. I worried that bringing in guys like Hogan and Hall and focusing on the past would hurt the future. But the homegrown talents are still as strong as ever. A.J. Styles getting the clean victory over Angle in the main event proved this." -PW`Torch.

------------------------------------------------------------

smiley-cool06.gif ...(oh it's real... it's DAMN REAL)

Edited by Beezer34

I read the spoilers for Impact, as I always do before I decide whether to bother with it or not. It looks DAMN good, even knowing the results. But that said, my main problem is that there is no TNA Broadcast (unless you count the repeat of this week's show on Thursday) until JAN 14!!

That is absolutely unacceptable to me. Look at how much momentum TNA appears to have on a HOCKEY MESSAGE BOARD! Think about the momentum TNA will lose with spoilers out for its next program nearly a week and a half out, and no new programming whatsoever for almost two weeks. I'm not sure if this is Spike not being prepared to adapt or Dixie/Hogan/Bischoff not fully thinking through their plan, but to me it's unacceptable to have no programming on the next Monday night after doing what you consider an excellent broadcast.

that is baffling..... 10 days ??

It kinda fits this company though, every time they get it right, they screw it up

They're talking about doing more Monday night shows now... what I'd love to see them do.... from 8-9 run this best of show they're putting on after Impact on Thursdays.... get the fans warmed up to the talent on the roster and get them used to having something on Spike for Monday Nights... though I admit I am fascinated to see what they put on these shows....

.... why the hell didn't they do a taping for tomorrow.... damn that IS dumb.....

TNA_Wrestling.JPG

*Hulk Hogan.. *Eric Bischoff.. *Kevin Nash.. *Mick Foley.. *Dudley Boys.. *AJ Styles.. *Soma Joe.. *Jeff Hardy.. *Sting.. *X-Pac.. *Scott Hall.. *Ric Flair.. *Eric Young.. *Abyss.. *Rhino.. *Stevie Richards.. *Kurt Angle.. *Taz.. *Scott Steiner.. *Chris Daniels.. *Val Venis.. *Nasty Boys.. *Jeff Jarrett.. *Booker T.. *Robert Roode.. * Shark Boy.. *Diamond Dallas Page.. *Matt Morgan.. *Raven.. *Rikishi.. *Jay Lethal.. *Suicide.. *Jim Neidhart.. *Road Warrior Animal.. *Rob-Van-Dam.. *Mr. Kennedy.. *Tommy Dreamer.. *Psycho Sid.. *Jake Roberts.. *British Invasion.. *Motor City Machine Guns.. *Beer Money Inc.

i had no idea tna had all these wrestlers. i remember them from back in the day when i was in high school. any chance they replay the show? might have to start watching some tna old school.

Just an objective view:

I thought the TNA show was pretty good, much more interesting than WWE on this night and it showed in the ratings. WWE will remain the big dog and the ratings will start to drop on TNA as the novelty wears off.

That being said, it looks like TNA is just using Hogan, et. al as launching pads for the younger, cheaper wrestlers. I don't think Hogan will wrestle aside from the occassional PPV. I think TNA is doing the right thing and the company will grow and become a factor in 3 or 4 years to match WWE, PROVIDED they stick with this premise.

The second they deviate and go after the "big names" to actually wrestle is when they are doomed to fail WCW style.

Aside note: I missed Road Warrior Animal did he really show up?????

Aside note: I missed Road Warrior Animal did he really show up?????

...he was backstage during the show (along with Scott Steiner, Billy Gunn, Psycho Sid and others) but they decided against showcasing everyone on their roster, as they wanted to focus more on wrestling. (ie: dedicating nearly 45 minutes of wrestling time, to two matches alone) Though it would've been nice to see even more 'names', I agree with the decision looking back. Russo crunched in a perfect amount of old-schoolers.. and any more would've made the show feel bloated. (not to mention; you still want to save these surprises for the next Monday night square off) They will all certainly show face within the coming weeks for TNA. (as will RVD, Kennedy, & Dreamer, who will all be debuting for TNA by next month)

You beating a dead horse on "where they measure" -or- "what's considered successful" is silly.. because you're contrasting them to a federation that's been around for a hundred years. The wrestling business is not where it was in the mid-to-late 90's. You just can't take these gigantic strides, and expect them all to pay off. It's baby steps when you're trying to cultivate a promotion, and TNA is ahead of the learning curve head & shoulders in that department. Go find me a wrestling company (AWA, NWA, WCW, ROH, ECW, WWWF) any wrestling company, and let me know how their first few years in business looked. Look over their first 7

...he was backstage during the show (along with Scott Steiner, Billy Gunn, Psycho Sid and others) but they decided against showcasing everyone on their roster, as they wanted to focus more on wrestling. (ie: dedicating nearly 45 minutes of wrestling time, to two matches alone) Though it would've been nice to see even more 'names', I agree with the decision looking back. Russo crunched in a perfect amount of old-schoolers.. and any more would've made the show feel bloated. (not to mention; you still want to save these surprises for the next Monday night square off) They will all certainly show face within the coming weeks for TNA. (as will RVD, Kennedy, & Dreamer, who will all be debuting for TNA by next month)

What is any good about any of those guys?

Steiner is brutal and it's amazing he isn't dead yet from the steroids.

Billy Gunn sucks.

Pyscho Sid was never any good and hes even worse now.

RVD is the only good one listed.

Kennedy was only awesome cause of his gimmick. Without him being Mrrrrrr Kennedyyyyyy.....Kennedyyyyyy he is just another wrestler who has the voice but can't wrestle worth a lick.

Dreamer is zzzzzz boring. He's been boring for years in the WWE, he won't be any better over in TNA.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I don't care for "wrestling" or follow it....(I am not in middle school anymore :P ) BUT...amidst a regular conversation the other day a couple of my friends mentioned the TNA broadcast. Something along the lines of "Hey man, the Hulk is back with TNA!" At this point they got all nostalgic and I started talking football. But TNA is making an impression on some people, and may capture some of the audience looking for a piece of their youth back....who knows?

As an old school wrestling fan, I had only a causal interest in last nights shows. I probably watched 80% TNA only because the intrigue was there. I think TNA was successful in what they wanted to do last night. I will probably watch TNA again next week. WWE to me is kind of boring.

A lot of people i know who always thought TNA was 2nd rate watched this week and thought it was 10 times better than raw and are saying if TNA keeps this qaulity or gets better then they are converted

I read the spoilers for Impact, as I always do before I decide whether to bother with it or not. It looks DAMN good, even knowing the results.

Look at how much momentum TNA appears to have on a HOCKEY MESSAGE BOARD!

They're talking about doing more Monday night shows now. Get the fans warmed up to the talent on the roster and get them used to having something on Spike for Monday Nights...

...though I admit, I am fascinated to see what they put on these shows.

i had no idea tna had all these wrestlers. i remember them from back in the day when i was in high school. any chance they replay the show? might have to start watching some tna old school.

If someone switches over from Raw and says 'hey, I remember Val Venis!' they are more likely to stay on TNA to see what happens than if they turn on TNA and see an interview with Beer Money Inc. The show wasn't for TNA fans as much as it was for casual WWE fans.

...amidst a regular conversation the other day, a couple of my friends mentioned the TNA broadcast. Something along the lines of "Hey man, the Hulk is back with TNA!" At this point they got all nostalgic and I started talking football. TNA is making an impression on people, and may capture some of the audience looking for a piece of their youth back.

............the people have spoken. smiley-cool06.gif

..Memo; To the haters...

Enjoy your slice(s) of humble pie. You scoffed at the old-time names.. yet the old-time names stole the show. You said the ratings would be horrible.. and new company records were broken. You said there'd be no Monday Night Wars.. and now iMPACT! is moving to Monday nights. http://www.wrestlinging.com Going forward.. STOP! Just Stop. Everything you've attempted to predict, has blown up in your faces. Anything you tried to call.. the opposite ended up happening. You think you know what you're talking about, when you don't have a clue. Leave it to the people behind the scenes to run the show, because as the numbers have show.. THEY (still) know who & what draws in this business in 2010. You Don't. They're the one's that have made a living doing what they do for 20+ years. You have not. They're the one's that make millions of dollars based on the matches they book, the scripts that they write, and the skills they have honed. You have not!

What Hogan & Bischoff wanted going into TNA, is exactly what happened... BUZZ. The term 'wrestling', hasn't been Googled as much as it has over the past 48 hours, since 2002. On Monday, TNA was the most tweeted topic in the world. 2 hours before iMPACT! their website was flooded with so many hits, they exceeded their bandwidth limits. Since the wee-hours of Tuesday morning, TNA's been the talk of every wrestling media outlet available.. meanwhile the RAW that featured the Hitman has been forgotten. No one's talking about WWE, they're talking about when the next Monday Impact will be.. leaving left the entire staff & management in TNA thirsty for more.. and Vince & Co. disappointed & unhappy. http://rajah.com/base/node/18106

*In short.. stick to all your day jobs, buck up, and please (going forward) DON'T WATCH! You have the choice to pick what program you want to tune into on Monday nights, so rather than hate mindlessly... DON'T WATCH. Because I'll tell you this, the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling Organization will continue to make headlines.. continue to garner success.. and continue to break company records. (with or without you) preferably.. WITHOUT! smiley-gen154.gif

You need to remove your head from Dixie Carters ass because you are completely so narrow-minded about TNA being actually this good that it's clouded your mind.

Do you work for TNA or something? Perhaps on their street team? There is nothing saying that Impact is definitely moving to monday nights, you posted a link to kevin nashs twitter which says they could possibly head to monday nights. It hasn't happened yet.

Yes I know nothing about the wrestling industry...btw those same people you mentioned that "know" what they are doing also ran WCW into the ground.

And again you failed to provide any real argument other than the cheerleading you have been doing threw out this thread, you have no responses to my analysis of those list of wrestlers in one of your posts.

Edited by Satans Hockey