WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

Big fat phail. :P

It's the Knockouts + old-school WCW with a few new touches.

I am trying to fathom how this company will survive when they only have two hours again. They've only had about 30 mins of matches, which were good aside from the Cage Match...but it feels like 2 hrs were spent with an hour and a half of commercials.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't give up yet

Angle/AJ for the belt is tonight.... if this is a REAL match and not a 45 second screw job this could be worth it all

I never had any faith in tna. Nobody wants to see a washed up scott hall, ric flair, x-pac, orlando jones, val venis and whatever leftover scraps they can find.

That first match was a wash for no reason, they had no winner for no reason whatsoever just so jeff hardy could come out and sit on top of the cage. It's ridiculous and stupid. fvck tna, im done. I no longer care. Their ratings are going to be horrendous.

angle vs AJ was epic, wwe couldn't pull out that match if they queezed every bit of talent out of every wrestle on their roster into one match

I agree but 150 minutes of HORSEsh!t to get there was unacceptable......

I am trying to fathom how this company will survive when they only have two hours again. They've only had about 30 mins of matches, which were good aside from the Cage Match...but it feels like 2 hrs were spent with an hour and a half of commercials.

Blame Spike TV.

First hour was an utter disgrace but the last 2--even with some sports/entertainment bs was an improvement and gave me a glimmer of hope. NWO 2010 owns Hornswoggle and Santino.

Edited by Marv4Life

I agree but 150 minutes of HORSEsh!t to get there was unacceptable......

yeah wasn't great but i think it was a show for the person who hasn't watched TNA not the tna fan, but i think it's set things up well for the rest of the year (as long as venus, the nasty boys and nwo don't stay too long)

bischoff would be an awesome bond villan

I am amazed to see so many people upset over the old-school-names that dropped by, for what was TNA's first ever Monday Night show. This was a coming out party for TNA, and anyone that assumed that there weren't going to be any surprise names debuting, were fooling themselves from the start. The wrestlers that dropped by served their purpose as entertainment garnish, to a 3-hour show. Period. People forget; *The consumer is NEVER just one portion of a demography, they're a collective. Despite the product being broken down into the mat-wrestling type devotes, you're still broadcasting to the casual fan. And the casual fan likes seeing the Nasty Boys, X-Pac, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall. The trick is the *Quality, and *Quantity of airtime they should get correspondingly.. and I think TNA did an excellent job in balancing the two.

Am I really going to get upset over the whopping 4 minutes of TV time, that was used on Val Venis? Or the 20 seconds Rhino was lying on the floor? These old'name stars where barely used on the show, (with the exception of Bischoff & Hogan) they never jammed anyone down your throat. Ric Flair was used for 2 segments, and never even said a word. Sting was on camera for maybe 45 seconds IF THAT! The Dudley's weren't there.. Steiner wasn't there.. Billy Gun wasn't there.. Booker wasn't there.. what are we b!tching about here? :noclue: I can see complaining if the show went overkill with the likes of Taz, Jimmy Hart, Diamond Dallas Page, and Jim Neidhart.. but I think Jarrett & Russo timed everyone accordingly. (right down to the knockouts) The Angle\Styles match was very good, (as was Samoa Joe/Abyss) Absolutely loved the Steel Asylum bout. (Suicide & Jay Lethal lead the way for sure) I always enjoy seeing anything Mick does.. and I thought Matt Morgan & Raven surprisingly had great chemistry together. Am I missing anything? Other than the odd Bobby Lashley angle, I thought the show was done very well. I'd give it a B- if I were to grade it.

Bottomline; BELIEVE in TNA. For the fans of Chris Daniels, Eric Young, Kiyoshi, Shark Boy, Robert Roode, Beer Money, Motor City, (etc) that wish they had seen more of their favorites.. relax. These wrestlers will be utilized in time. The TNA roster is loaded, and continues to grow. (RVD & Dreamer by next month) Unlike WWE, they only have one show to showcase them all.... iMPACT!

*PS: Going forword.. more Jeff Hardy please!

btw there is no Monday night war going to start out of this. Vince doesn't give a sh!t about TNA, hell whether you like Cena or not. He is their biggest draw and Vince allowed him to go to a college football game. That should show how little Vince cares. Everyone over-hyped this new start to a wrestling war.

Edited by Satans Hockey

There was a lot of positive to be had regarding TNA, amongst the huge warning flags.

The fact that they gave real ring time to Deniro, Wolfe, Joe, Abyss, AJ, and Angle makes me think they might actually try to wrestle at the top of the card. And I kind of like the roles that The Nasty Boyz and Val will play if they stay in their current roles (Nasty Boyz as a foil to the Dudleyz, Venis as a skit man with the Beautiful People)

The last segment kinda left me sour. And that oval cage pile of crap match in the first was a waste of 7 minutes and harkened back to the days of WCW's worst. But I think that leads to the massive changes that are coming in the Hogan era, which includes the ends of the TNA Careers of:

Raven & Dr. Stevie - not a huge loss, an angle that has long outlived its usefulness

Desmond Wolfe - even though he got some decent time, I don't think his style meshes well with the vision Hogan has of TNA

Beer Money, Inc. - this is the worst loss of all...this is their best tag team right now, period, end of discussion.

The British Invasion - I give them about a 1000 to 1 odds of retaining against Morgan/Hernandez

Christopher Daniels - probably the biggest singles mistake they're making IMHO

Rhyno

and finally, Jeffykins' Job Squad, which consists of:

Suicide

Homicide

Kyoshi

McMg

Lethal Consequences

Amazing Red

...and any other member of the World Elite that has not been mentioned as yet

Here's the biggest problem with last night....they had one full uncontested hour.... in that hour they HAD HAD HAD to put their best foot forward, the idea was right.... go X-division.... but then the execution of that match.... OH MY GOD... massive fail.....

Second fail... this isn't 1999... or some high school reunion of it.... the roster has PLENTY of talented people on it... focus on who IS THERE and who WILL BE THERE (I can't see TNA dropping Beer Money, not with all the BMI shirts you see all over the Impact Zone), it's 2010, stop bringing in people who were barely relevant TEN YEARS AGO

When you're the second guy and you're MILES behind the other guy... you can't fvck up like they did last night and expect to have people to take you seriously......

There was a lot of positive to be had regarding TNA, amongst the huge warning flags.

The fact that they gave real ring time to Deniro, Wolfe, Joe, Abyss, AJ, and Angle makes me think they might actually try to wrestle at the top of the card. And I kind of like the roles that The Nasty Boyz and Val will play if they stay in their current roles (Nasty Boyz as a foil to the Dudleyz, Venis as a skit man with the Beautiful People)

The last segment kinda left me sour. And that oval cage pile of crap match in the first was a waste of 7 minutes and harkened back to the days of WCW's worst. But I think that leads to the massive changes that are coming in the Hogan era, which includes the ends of the TNA Careers of:

Raven & Dr. Stevie - not a huge loss, an angle that has long outlived its usefulness

Desmond Wolfe - even though he got some decent time, I don't think his style meshes well with the vision Hogan has of TNA

Beer Money, Inc. - this is the worst loss of all...this is their best tag team right now, period, end of discussion.

The British Invasion - I give them about a 1000 to 1 odds of retaining against Morgan/Hernandez

Christopher Daniels - probably the biggest singles mistake they're making IMHO

Rhyno

and finally, Jeffykins' Job Squad, which consists of:

Suicide

Homicide

Kyoshi

McMg

Lethal Consequences

Amazing Red

...and any other member of the World Elite that has not been mentioned as yet

that is literally ripping out the heart of TNA, if hogan get rids of that list then he should be shot

Edited by Dave30

Here's the biggest problem with last night....they had one full uncontested hour.... in that hour they HAD HAD HAD to put their best foot forward, the idea was right.... go X-division.... but then the execution of that match.... OH MY GOD... massive fail.....

Second fail... this isn't 1999... or some high school reunion of it.... the roster has PLENTY of talented people on it... focus on who IS THERE and who WILL BE THERE (I can't see TNA dropping Beer Money, not with all the BMI shirts you see all over the Impact Zone), it's 2010, stop bringing in people who were barely relevant TEN YEARS AGO

When you're the second guy and you're MILES behind the other guy... you can't fvck up like they did last night and expect to have people to take you seriously......

They picked the wrong gimmick to show off the X anyway. They needed to make the Ultimate X instead of X-Thunderdome. I mean, how bad is it that Homicide could not climb out of that cage...and I know Lethal, Shelly, and Suicide had the same problem during the match. The referee should have allowed that match to continue in theory, but that would have been a disaster since Homicide couldn't get out of the cage.

As for the rest of the first hour, ODB and Tara were probably expected to carry a slightly better match than they did, but it was clear they went the OTHER way with their strategy...everything that was good about last night's program came on AFTER Hogan.

As for the old guys, you can't judge a move like this in a vaccum. We'll know in a month which of these older veterans panned out.

And for the record, THANK YOU HOGAN FOR MAKING SAMOA JOE GET RID OF THE FACIAL pecker!!!

Brett Hart returned to have McMahon do that???

did Hart sell out???

Give it three months; Bret will be making Vince cry for mercy at Wrestlemania

that is literally ripping out the heart of TNA, if hogan get rids of that list then he should be shot

Agreed, except for Homicide (who they were phasing out anyway)

But, as second guy, you need to give people who are NOT fans of your product something to see. If someone switches over from Raw and says 'hey, I remember Val Venis!' they are more likely to stay on TNA to see what happens than if they turn on TNA and see an interview with Beer Money Inc. The show wasn't for TNA fans as much as it was for casual WWE fans.

As an old school wrestling fan, I had only a causal interest in last nights shows. I probably watched 80% TNA only because the intrigue was there. Seeing the original three Wolf Pack members was great, but you only had to look at the out of shape Hall and the greying Nash to realize that they used their names to invite interest to build up the younger talent (the Raven/Stevie match reinforced this).

I think TNA was successful in what they wanted to do last night. As a casual fan who hasn't watched wrestling since WCW disbanded, I will probably watch TNA again next week. WWE to me is kind of boring and watching the faded star of the 80's HBK is just laughable.

They picked the wrong gimmick to show off the X anyway. They needed to make the Ultimate X instead of X-Thunderdome. I mean, how bad is it that Homicide could not climb out of that cage...and I know Lethal, Shelly, and Suicide had the same problem during the match. The referee should have allowed that match to continue in theory, but that would have been a disaster since Homicide couldn't get out of the cage.

As for the rest of the first hour, ODB and Tara were probably expected to carry a slightly better match than they did, but it was clear they went the OTHER way with their strategy...everything that was good about last night's program came on AFTER Hogan.

As for the old guys, you can't judge a move like this in a vaccum. We'll know in a month which of these older veterans panned out.

And for the record, THANK YOU HOGAN FOR MAKING SAMOA JOE GET RID OF THE FACIAL pecker!!!

Agreed on one.. again when you're putting your best foot forward... put your best foot forward... I hate that damn pants-dome cage anyway :P

Can't disagree and it seemed dumb to have ODB win the belt back like an hour after she lost it....

I've always said that a show is judged by it's main event, and this main event was AWESOME... so it makes the show much better then it should be as a whole.....

First hour was terrible

Second hour was ok

the third hour was good, but they lost any momentum they had on the show by then

(thank God Heroes was good or I'd have stabbed someone last night and I think we know who ;p )

.....Ratings in, official Press Release...

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/total-nonstop-action-wrestling/485805-tna-impact-rating-7.html

TNA SPIKE TV’S “TNA iMPACT” DELIVERS ITS HIGHEST RATINGS EVER FOR HULK HOGAN’S DEBUT IN SPECIAL LIVE EPISODE

2.2 Million Tuned-In For last nights Live Three-Hour Telecast!

New York, NY, January 5, 2010 – Hulk Hogan’s first appearance on Spike TV’s special three-hour live “TNA iMPACT” on Monday, January 2 (8:00-11:05pm) drew 2.2 million viewers. This marks the most-watched "TNA iMPACT" in the history of the franchise, totaling 222 episodes dating back to October, 2005. The previous high was 1.97 million viewers reached last April

The event was broadcast from the TNA iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl. Airing head-to-head with WWE on USA Network, “TNA iMPACT” peaked at 2.9 million viewers from 9:00-9:15pm ET/PT.

Overall, the telecast drew a 1.5 household rating, a 1.8 in Men 18-34, and a 1.6 in Men 18-49. For the time period, “TNA iMPACT” was up a whopping +338% in M18-34, +241% in M18-49, and +84% in average audience versus a year ago.

----------------------------------------------------------

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

...absolutely fantastic. This is great news for TNA. On a night where Vince broke out the Hitman, and the Fiesta Bowl drew it's highest number in 14 years.. TNA didn't only hold their own, they broke a company record! They reached (over) 2 million people, ON A MONDAY. (something they tried for 6 years to accomplish on Thursdays) Expect the next Monday Night iMPACT! episode by February, because after last night, TNA proved.. they can hang with RAW.

*EDIT: And for the Peanut Gallery (led by Scott) that insist "The Old-Timers Can't Draw"... the highest segment of the night? Hogan and the nWo! (nearly 3.0) Didn't they debut right around the time Brett & HBK squared off? And STILL 3 million people tuned in for the Hulkster? :uni:

Edited by Beezer34

Yes, I'm completely wrong....rightttt. Their highest rating ever was a 1.3. They bring in the supposedly biggest name in wrestling in Hulk Hogan and drew a whopping .2 better. Big fvcking whoop. There are so many things wrong with that company that they will never succeed. They are still giving away wrestling every show. Talk to me when they actually start selling tickets for their shows...oh wait, it won't ever happen. Have fun with this imaginary "war" WWE without a doubt doesn't do everything right and I hate a lot of things that they do but I am not stupid enough to actually believe that TNA will ever really make a real "impact"(see what I did there, clever huh?) in the wrestling world.

Yes, I'm completely wrong....rightttt. Their highest rating ever was a 1.3. They bring in the supposedly biggest name in wrestling in Hulk Hogan and drew a whopping .2 better. Big fvcking whoop. There are so many things wrong with that company that they will never succeed. They are still giving away wrestling every show. Talk to me when they actually start selling tickets for their shows...oh wait, it won't ever happen. Have fun with this imaginary "war" WWE without a doubt doesn't do everything right and I hate a lot of things that they do but I am not stupid enough to actually believe that TNA will ever really make a real "impact"(see what I did there, clever huh?) in the wrestling world.

sour-grapes.jpg

"I must admit, I was wrong about the move to Monday night. The fact that Hogan drew the peak figure of the night, says alot. I guess the war really is on." -Dave Meltzer (TDR-X.M. January 5th)

How about trying to respond with an actual response? I can go back and forth about this topic as long as you want. Here is what else is wrong with TNA, they are going to have nothing to sustain a 1.5 every week. The ratings will drop back down once people see that Hogan is only going to make TNA worse and that nothing good is going to come out of the situation. I'm all for WWE have great competition, it's just a shame that TNA is a joke. I'd rather see ROH succeed, but that is another thing that won't ever happen.

How about trying to respond with an actual response? I can go back and forth about this topic as long as you want. Here is what else is wrong with TNA, they are going to have nothing to sustain a 1.5 every week. The ratings will drop back down once people see that Hogan is only going to make TNA worse and that nothing good is going to come out of the situation. I'm all for WWE have great competition, it's just a shame that TNA is a joke. I'd rather see ROH succeed, but that is another thing that won't ever happen.

...you were wrong SH... now take it like a man.

TNA_Wrestling.JPG

*Hulk Hogan.. *Eric Bischoff.. *Kevin Nash.. *Mick Foley.. *Dudley Boys.. *AJ Styles.. *Soma Joe.. *Jeff Hardy.. *Sting.. *X-Pac.. *Scott Hall.. *Ric Flair.. *Eric Young.. *Abyss.. *Rhino.. *Stevie Richards.. *Kurt Angle.. *Taz.. *Scott Steiner.. *Chris Daniels.. *Val Venis.. *Nasty Boys.. *Jeff Jarrett.. *Booker T.. *Robert Roode.. * Shark Boy.. *Diamond Dallas Page.. *Matt Morgan.. *Raven.. *Rikishi.. *Jay Lethal.. *Suicide.. *Jim Neidhart.. *Road Warrior Animal.. *Rob-Van-Dam.. *Mr. Kennedy.. *Tommy Dreamer.. *Psycho Sid.. *Jake Roberts.. *British Invasion.. *Motor City Machine Guns.. *Beer Money Inc.

...they all crossed the line SatansHockey. NOW, YOU WILL TOO! You belong to Dixie now!

fail-owned-wwf-butt-fail.jpg

Edited by Beezer34