we are in deep trouble

akdev23

hey guys i just checked our loss column in the standings and noticed that out of our 20 losses 10 have come from the islanders and rangers. i dont want to be one of those people who bitches about our team whenever we lose, but we are seriously in deep sh!t. if we dont make the playoffs , this will be the reason why.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 GP 28W 23L - 10L from Islanders and Rangers - simply embarrassing. I still think they will make the playoffs, but I think for the sake of the mentality of the fans and Devils, they need to win the remaining games against these teams so the Islanders and Rangers don't get the full mental advantage.

This has actually gotten worse than the Mets losing nine billion times in a row to the Phillies in the last two months of the season, I didn't think that was possible :rolleyes:

I've been harping on this for weeks, the fact that even though losing points against the Isles and Rangers weren't hurting us now they would eventually.

But even more pressing right now is the inability to beat ANYONE at home. 1-5 so far in the 15 out of 18 at home stretch that was supposed to pad our positioning is quite bothersome in its own right. And almost all one-goal losses. To think people hated one-goal WINS last year :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Thank god for sangria and meat on a stone, otherwise tonight would have been impossible to bear. Anyway, I'd just like someone, anyone, to give me one sign that there is any way humanly possible to beat either NY area metropolitan team this season, because the Devils haven't given one yet this season. There wasn't one second tonight that I thought they could win this game. I predicted tonight that the Rangers will need one point to get into the playoffs at the end of the season and we'll give it to them on national TV in April.

hey guys i just checked our loss column in the standings and noticed that out of our 20 losses 10 have come from the islanders and rangers. i dont want to be one of those people who bitches about our team whenever we lose, but we are seriously in deep sh!t. if we dont make the playoffs , this will be the reason why.

No kidding and they Devils have now blown over 20 plus points vs, the NYR, NYR and the Penguins. This will be one of the reasons why they will continue to fall in the division and drop right out of a playoff spot. They went from second seed in the conference to now seventh in the conference. Not very good. Changes need to be made and this IS NOT the same Devils team that we have seen come out of this in years past. I hope I am wrong but too many new players here.

The Devils played well last night. The difference being a one more "soft" goal scored by the Rangers, and not enough second efforts by our forwards. We don't have a "game-breaking" forward or combination in tight games like these, and this is going to be our achilles heel moving forward.

Zubrus and Zajac, although responsible defensively, did very little to create extra space offensively.

I liked Martin's offensive rushes yesterday...other than that, we need to get back on the horse, keep playing, and that's that...

I'll agree with the fact that more goals need to be scored. Without a doubt 9 out of 10 games will be lost if we only put one in the net...but that said, this game, this particular game could've been won with two goals scored by us and we should've had extra time to do so...but our D let us down and Marty let in a soft goal...on the flip side 9 out of 10 times we aren't going to win if Marty consistently lets in soft goals...

You trust White? He's getting a free pass around here. He hasn't been the same since his injury. He's not hitting anyone any more and he turns the puck over like crazy. Just watch how many times he turns the puck over each game. I always liked the guy, but he's a shell of his former self right now and he was never too bright to begin with.

Our defense will need changes.

Mottau's decision making is slow as hell. Oduya shows flashes of decent play, but is inconsistent. Rachunek is poor defensively and brings nothing offensively. Vishnevski takes himself out of position just about every shift to make the big hit. Greene is way too soft in front of the net and isn't the offensive defenseman we all thought he would be. Brookebank brings nothing. Martin is all we got that's good night in and night out.

Edited by SickMan

I know. :argh:

It does piss me off when people say that we're "buying" our team again, like we did in the late 90s, early 2000s because it is so NOT the case.

There is just something "missing" it's the chemistry that isn't there. "something" isn't right. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely coming along. I firmly believe that it either "will" happen, and we'll be successful or it "won't" and we'll miss the playoffs.

We'll see. A few of our young stars have stepped up (Duby and Dawes), some of our vets have to start scoring (Straka, Jagr, Shanny), and we need to get rid of a few (Malik, Hossa). But I do like what both Gomer and Drury have done...I think they've been great acquisitions.

The Devs (I agree with a few on the Devils HFBoards) need a major C-man. I do feel that the Zubrus deal and acquiring Vish and Rachunek was disasterous.

Sundins price is ridiculous, i wouldnt pay it.

I would argue the Rangers are still trying to buy their championships. Paying a high price for Drury and Gomez is just part of it. Shanahan the previous year and etc. The only Ranger i could remember being on the team pre lockout it Jagr which isnt exactly growing a team.

Sundins price is ridiculous, i wouldnt pay it.

I would argue the Rangers are still trying to buy their championships. Paying a high price for Drury and Gomez is just part of it. Shanahan the previous year and etc. The only Ranger i could remember being on the team pre lockout it Jagr which isnt exactly growing a team.

I must disagree 100% The acquistions we made this year are long-term and acquiring Gomez and Drury are simply there to replace Jagr and Shanny because chances are, this will be their last year.

We have a TON of youth coming up: Sanguinetti, Cherapanov, Anisimov, are going to be MAJOR in our future. Not to mention already impressive Duby and Dawes, and defensive players such as Staal, Girardi, and Tyutin.

All we're doing with Gomez and Drury is replacing the now-fading Shanny and Jagr. We're keeping some vets around and more importantly, major play-makers to grow with our youth. Believe me, we're going to be just fine.

Please tell me what you're basing this on? If you say due to picking up Gomez and Drury, then you'll have to do better than that. :rolleyes: