GDT: Kings vs. Devils, 7PM

Devilsdude530

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Oduya off the top pairing frigging now, two goals and he's on the ice for both. Martin's tired of carrying him on his back.

Two goals by defensemen in the same game?! What is this world coming to?

I don't see what everyone sees in Cangelosi, maybe he's boring as a p-by-p guy compared to Doc but he sounds enthusiastic enough when the Devils score.

Edited by Hasan4978

As I said earlier in the thread....LaBarbera is a sieve!!!!!

He is the ideal opposing Devils goalie...he can't control the crease very well, gives up lots of rebounds, and seems to always be flopping around. LA really needs to solve this goaltender problem before they can expect anything from their team. They have to stop renting average goalies. Maybe they are in a holding pattern, warming the crease, and waiting for that new kid they have --- Bernier!

...Having said that....what can we do to blow this lead in the 3rd...anyone????????????

I don't want to jinx it....but after the last week you know thats what we're all thinking. :unsure:

Edited by DevilinLA

Wow the Devils are actually creating some offense tonight, or maybe it's just a testament to how bad this Kings team really is.

I wish I could be happy about this game but I don't know. I'm still kind of disappointed with this team right now.

Edited by SickMan

Not much of a scrap but Rupp earned some more respect from me for stepping in for Clarkson to handle the monster Ivanans.

Edited by brodeurrocks

I missed the first two periods. Please tell me they played better than that?

Also, what were the lines? E-P-G, Madden-Clarkson-Brylin, Zubrus...Zajac? and who? And Rupp was out with Clarkson at one point, and I'll assume Asham started again.

Telling when the 4th line gets 3 minutes of ice time even with a 3 goal lead, and leads throughout most of the game. Asham actually had a halfway decent game. Couldn't tell who blew the coverage on the Jack Johnson goal, though my suspicion is either Langenbrunner or Pelley (iirc Langenbrunner was still on the ice).

Solid win. Rachunek's stepping up in the play paid off twice - drawing THE power play, and scoring a goal. He can also make better breakouts than anyone save Martin. His defensive zone coverage, on the other hand - he also coughed up the puck that led to the 2nd LA goal. All the Devils' defensemen had around 20 minutes a game which is odd.

Kings are going to be sick on offense in a few years, especially if they add a Stamkos level player to this team. Frolov, Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Cammalleri, and Jack Johnson and Lubomir Visnovsky. Lombardi is actually building a Stanley Cup team, even if he is signing Michal Handzus for ridiculous dollars.

Edited by Triumph