GDT: NY Islanders @ NEW JERSEY - 2/23/08 1 p.m

eaglejelly

Excellent game - the Islanders suck. And I will continue to say the Islanders suck even if they somehow make the playoffs which they won't because they suck. They are not a good team even when healthy, and now that they are injured, they are the worst team in the league. Period.

Sat in the club seats today - they are awesome, I recommend it to everyone to somehow find a way to sit in them once. Save up money, knock a wealthy man's top hat off and steal his purse full of gold coins while he's distracted, I don't care. On StubHub for this game somehow they were cheaper than face value. Crowd was meh, I'm sure the upper tiers were loud but the bottom, not so much. Oh well. Too many Islander fans as well.

Capitals tomorrow, then we make a move, hopefully get Janssen back on the roster, flip Rachunek somewheres, hopefully Greene too and add a defender or a forward, and oh please Brian Gionta I know you scored a big goal but everything you do on the ice that's not tipping in a goal frustrates me.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent game - the Islanders suck. And I will continue to say the Islanders suck even if they somehow make the playoffs which they won't because they suck. They are not a good team even when healthy, and now that they are injured, they are the worst team in the league. Period.

Sat in the club seats today - they are awesome, I recommend it to everyone to somehow find a way to sit in them once. Save up money, knock a wealthy man's top hat off and steal his purse full of gold coins while he's distracted, I don't care. On StubHub for this game somehow they were cheaper than face value. Crowd was meh, I'm sure the upper tiers were loud but the bottom, not so much. Oh well. Too many Islander fans as well.

Capitals tomorrow, then we make a move, hopefully get Janssen back on the roster, flip Rachunek somewheres, hopefully Greene too and add a defender or a forward, and oh please Brian Gionta I know you scored a big goal but everything you do on the ice that's not tipping in a goal frustrates me.

Good game, we finally solved them. Parise had a great game...and though Gionta had a goal I thought he played terribly, as did Colin White. But Brodeur played great, and even though we only played for the first and third periods, we got a win and that's what's important.

My first game at the Rock, came in all the way from Iowa and the team didn't disappoint!

:boogie:

I am so pleased with the new stadium, and the staff. Everyone was really nice, and I even managed to get Doc, and Chico's autograph.

The Devils are a first class organization, including their staff in the Rock.

The game was pretty exciting, and the goal horn is totally worth the trip (especially hearing it 4 times). The lower bowl needs more work, but it seem most stadiums have the same problem - season ticket no shows. It would be nice if the Devs put the empty seats on the market for $10 or somethign after the 1st period... Would incentivize people to get there on time and help fill the place.

I'll be back next year for another game in Feb!

Go Devs!! :koolaid:

Clarkson continued his poor play of late. I'm starting to get worried about him. He is being selfish with the puck, routinely stays on the ice well after a line change has been called, and is taking just awful penalties. His bad play is really trumping the good plays he makes.

I noticed it first in the Carolina game - he's cheating up ice, and I can't understand why.

He is staying on after line changes because he's coming on late, I'd guess. I didn't see any shifts where this was noticeable but today I saw that they had either Zajac or Madden taking draws for the 4th line.

Great game! It felt like a playoff game atmosphere today. The crowd was loud and into the game. :koolaid: Keep the same line up in as the Devils are playing well. Except for the 2nd period where they just looked relaxed or tired from a dominant 1st period. Then the Devils and our crowd took over the 3rd period and scored two big goals. Devils out shot the NYI 44-21 and owned the 1st and 3rd periods. Imagine if the Devils played a 60 minute game? It could have been a lot worse than 4-2.

Mottau, White, Martin, Greene and Brookbank played very well. Brookbank has a rocket of a shot on the point for the PP. Greene as well did good in their own zone today and hopefully Greene and Brookbank are here to stay. Sutter needs to keep this line up in the game for tomorrow. I think we may see Weeks tomorrow but maybe more likely to lay on Tuesday night @ Carolina. It wouldn't suprise me if Brodeur played both games though. Great win by the Devils today which was long overdue vs. the NYI. One point up over Pittsburgh for the division and 1 point behind for #1 overall in the Eastern Conference. :koolaid:

Yes and you think he is playing bad so that is why he is still in the line up for the Devils during this winning streak. :rolleyes: Greene has been playing well wether you like it or not. Sure better than Vishnevski and Rachunek. Its a lot easier to see the whole picture when you are seeing it at the games. You do not see away from the plays on TV.

As an addition, Greene has played the last 3 games of a 7 game point streak so he hasn't been an integral part in it. In those 3 games he is +3 with 1 point and 3 SOG. He is playing marginal and a Devils loss and the trade deadline not looming would probably rotate him back out. His full season play has been about the same as Rachunek's and Vishnevski's but it seems like you think he has played head and shoulders above those guys who have also been marginal.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to ask the team to upgrade my 20 year of season tickets to get me in the arena. Greene has been marginal just as Vish and Rachunek had been before being taken out. Sutter rewards the team, when winning, by not changing the lineup, that's how it has gone all season. Greene hasn't screwed anything up horribly but he hasn't been doing much positive either. I didn't say Greene is playing bad, nor do I love Rachunek so stop putting words in my mouth to try and make your arguments easier.

As an addition, Greene has played the last 3 games of a 7 game point streak so he hasn't been an integral part in it. In those 3 games he is +3 with 1 point and 3 SOG. He is playing marginal and a Devils loss and the trade deadline not looming would probably rotate him back out. His full season play has been about the same as Rachunek's and Vishnevski's but it seems like you think he has played head and shoulders above those guys who have also been marginal.

I think Greene has been doing a good job and for some reason you sound like you don't want him in the line up from your posts.

BTW, Brodeur leads the Eastern Conference in GAA with 2.17. That is having some good defense in front of him as of late.

So by this logic then when Greene was sitting then the other defenseman were better than him? Vishnevski has played the most games of any of the defenseman on the team to get Marty to that GAA, does that make him the teams best defenseman?

I just don't get how some Devils fans act as if Greene has played great or even good when in the lineup. I don't believe Greene has had 1 game that I can say he made a big impact this season in a positive way. He also hasn't screwed anything up in a huge way but his defense hasn't been that good either. Like I said, Greene has been marginal, but I read some Devils fans, including you, who seem to think he has played like a very good defenseman this season which just isn't the case.

As of late he has been playing a lot better than Vishnevski and Rachunek. Very noticeable on the ice. Greene I think is here to stay. Rachunek maybe on his way out not Greene.

How is Greene's 1 point and 3 SOG combined with iffy defenseman been very noticeably better? Greene hasn't been bad but he has messed up some good opportunities. Today was probably his best game of the 3. He has one decent shot from the point and didn't screw up any plays. So his best game in these 3, where you think he has been a lot better than other guys, is 1 ok play and not doing anything really bad. The 2 games prior he only made 1 really bad defensive play but screwed up some offensive ones. So that isn't horrible because his defense was ok but it certainly wasn't impressive either.

So by this logic then when Greene was sitting then the other defenseman were better than him? Vishnevski has played the most games of any of the defenseman on the team to get Marty to that GAA, does that make him the teams best defenseman?

I just don't get how some Devils fans act as if Greene has played great or even good when in the lineup. I don't believe Greene has had 1 game that I can say he made a big impact this season in a positive way. He also hasn't screwed anything up in a huge way but his defense hasn't been that good either. Like I said, Greene has been marginal, but I read some Devils fans, including you, who seem to think he has played like a very good defenseman this season which just isn't the case.

To each is own I guess.

Maybe things are different on that side of the arena or something. I like Vishnevski and I liked when the Devils got him over the summer. I wanted hin when he was on the Ducks back in 2003. Just right now Greene is playing better than Vishnevski therefore the healthy scratch. As far as Rachunek goes, I'll take Greene who BTW a lot of fans at the arena are liking Greene over Rachunek and Vishnevski. Brookbank maybe on borrowed time right now but he is doing well and making all the right decisions in his own zone in front of Brodeur. He also has that hard shot from the point the Devils need on the PP. I am sure we will see the other two in the line up one of these games.