GDT: NY Islanders @ NEW JERSEY - 2/23/08 1 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the answer to questions brought up or specific instances in play cited is that "people like Greene better". That's a lot of concrete evidence you brought. Does the crowd also like Greene more than Oduya?

Believe it or not they do. :lol: For some reason I hear some of the fans still hating Oduya and want Greene and Brookbank to stay in the line up. Like I said to each is own.

Oduya has been one of our best Dmen the past month and if you see I laid off of Oduya because he has been doing very well and making less stupid mistakes in his own zone in front of Brodeur. I like Oduya and never hated him.

1 - It's reealllllllllly nice to get that monkey off our back.

2 - It was a solid win.

3 - I am most comfortable with how confident and collected the team looks lately.

4 - Madden has beenm flirting with getting a shortie for about 2-3 weeks now. Finally nice to see him get er done.

5 - Sarge, Pando and Langs are playing very well.

6 - Langs is a great leader by example.

:gd:

Quick question.. the Islanders have had the league's worst attendance since 2001. Finished dead last in 01, last year, and are in dead last this year. Why would they be making attendance jokes? They also play in the worst arena EVER built.

Because the Islanders suck, so nobody hates them. The Devils do not suck and have not sucked in a long time, which is why people have to resort to attendance jokes, calling the team boring, etc in order to avoid praising the Devils.

So by this logic then when Greene was sitting then the other defenseman were better than him? Vishnevski has played the most games of any of the defenseman on the team to get Marty to that GAA, does that make him the teams best defenseman?

I just don't get how some Devils fans act as if Greene has played great or even good when in the lineup. I don't believe Greene has had 1 game that I can say he made a big impact this season in a positive way. He also hasn't screwed anything up in a huge way but his defense hasn't been that good either. Like I said, Greene has been marginal, but I read some Devils fans, including you, who seem to think he has played like a very good defenseman this season which just isn't the case.

Sheldon Brookbank is going to stay just because he has zero trade value. He arrived on waivers and hasn't done anything to shake the notion that he's a 7th defenseman.

Karel Rachunek might get traded simply because he's been played out of the lineup. He'd probably go for a 7th round pick or future considerations.

VV I can't see being traded - I don't think his being a healthy scratch is really an indictment of his play, though lately his hits have been pretty terrible.

And Greene's played some solid hockey but not much this season and he's the kind of defenseman other teams covet. He's not going to fetch anything particularly interesting but he could be a solid trade chip.

Because the Islanders suck, so nobody hates them. The Devils do not suck and have not sucked in a long time, which is why people have to resort to attendance jokes, calling the team boring, etc in order to avoid praising the Devils.