OOT Scoreboard 6-4 (SC Playoffs - Round 4 - Game 6.)

SatansDevils

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Detroit Red Wings win the Stanley Cup! Detroit wins their 11th SCC in their franchise and their 4th SCC in 11 years. Brian Rafalski wins his 3rd SC and in his first season with Detroit.

Detroit wins Game 6 and the SC 3-2 over Pittsburgh.

DET 3 Detroit wins series 4-2.

PIT 2

FINAL

Congratulations to Detroit and Rafalski for winning the SC. Good SCF series and would have loved to see a Game 7.

Pittsburgh Hossa came oh so close there at the end of the 3rd period. Too little too late for Pittsburgh. I feel bad for Sykora. :saddevil:

Hopefully Hossa and malone to New Jersey in the off season.

Osgood most likely will get the Conn Smythe Trophy.

Congrats to the Wings, it was a decent finals I guess. Some good games, some clunkers. Shame it couldn't go to 7.

A bitter pill to swallow for the Penguins and their fans, but they'll get back there again.

Nice final push, but it looks like Hossa had no angle and time would have expired anyway.

Pittsburgh will be back with such a young team. Suprised they lost their last two games at home after they were 9-0 coming into the SCF. Detroit two big wins in Pittsburgh.

Detroit was the best team all season long and they deserve the SC this year. Congrats.

The NHL season is over. :saddevil:

Now for a long summer.

Thank god for these last two games, they really stepped up what was an otherwise crappy playoffs. This game ended the way a good Stanley Cup Final game should - on national TV, in primetime, down to the very last second. I hope it's converted some new fans - even if they'll ultimately wind up Pens fans.

Doc almost sounds... bummed. Did he grow up rooting for all the Pittsburgh teams?

Rowdy, Doc is a Pittsburgh fan of all sports but he does like the Devils.

Henrik Zetterberg gets the Conn Smythe Trophy. Congrats to him and he is one of the best players in the NHL IMO.

I was so nervous during the last minute there and it's not like I was really emotionally invested in the Pens. Although - I would have liked to see them win over the Red Wings. I felt bad for Fleury on that 3rd goal. Congrats to the Wings. (And Rafalski!)

Well dammit the Pens didn't force a game seven, therefore a gallon of apple juice is on it's way the Ice Thief, I don't welch on my bets, enjoy it Thief, nice and cold on a hot day :)

I bet you a dime to a donut had the Devils scored a goal like Zetts did it would have been disallowed :rolleyes:

The better team won, and I'm glad the Pens didn't, but a game seven would have been nice for the Wings to win on home ice.

One thing I will tell you for sure, a lot a people are in awe of the Red Wings, they are a teriffic team,but I don't think they are that good, it'll be interesting to see how their contracts for players go in the off season, some are UFA and some are RFA, they will lose some key players, the same goes for the Pens, I think they lose Hossa-Orpik........................................to the Devils :koolaid: Raggots can't afford Hossa-Jagr or no Jagr.

If Osgood does not win the Smythe, it'll be a travesty like 2003, because if it wasn't for Osgood, the Wings get knocked out by Nashville.