CMON NHL DRAFT THREAD 6-20.

CMONPETEYD

1 Week, 4 Days Left

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=217783

"If John Tavares were eligible for the 2008 draft and it was being held on Saturday, where would he rank on the lists they just submitted?"

The strong consensus is at No. 2, just behind Sarnia sniper Steven Stamkos. Tavares accumulated 91 voting points. Stamkos had 100; and Drew Doughty 88.

Three scouts did say they would take Tavares first overall.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Week, 3 Days Left

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239235

"One player making an early impression in the second group was defenceman John Carlson (ranked 17th by CSB), another American high schooler. He's listed at 6-foot-2 and 212 pounds, but somehow looked a lot bigger than that. Carlson looks like a big, strong kid, and who knows how big he might get when he 'fills out'!"

John Carlson would be a fine pick, but he is probably going sooner than was first expected.

This year would be a great time to trade up, so do it Lou.

Well according to futureconsiderations (cheers brent!), Carlson might be gone by the 15th pick to Nashville.

Again, I will echo the statement that Lou should move up in the draft, there are players in 10-20 range that would be top 10 picks in weaker years, just like 2003. We all know how that turned out.

Michael Del Zotto or bust!

Del Zotto would struggle with the Devils Defensive system, the guy is pure O.

I would take john Carlson, Jake Gardiner, or Aron Ness.

Also wouldnt mind the Devils taking Cody Hodgson if there going to take a forward in the first round, but i highly doubt it.

Also if were going to move up we need to get Drew Doughty , his favourit team is the Devils :dance:

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Also if were going to move up we need to get Drew Doughty , his favourit team is the Devils :dance:

So is Carlson's. :)

It is possible that Carlson could go top 15, and we might miss out (same with Del Zotto). It all depends on how highly teams rate the euros after filatov (petrov, tedenby, karlsson). Whether teams pick euros in the teens will determine who falls to us at 21. Another thing will be how many teams go off the board with their first round picks. Every team that goes off the board potentially gives us a shot at higher rated players. Cody Hodgson is out, you can forget about it unless we make a huge trade to jump up to 7-12.

My worst fear is seeing the rangers pick Carlson at 20. I would kill babies if this happened.

So is Carlson's. :)

It is possible that Carlson could go top 15, and we might miss out (same with Del Zotto). It all depends on how highly teams rate the euros after filatov (petrov, tedenby, karlsson). Whether teams pick euros in the teens will determine who falls to us at 21. Another thing will be how many teams go off the board with their first round picks. Every team that goes off the board potentially gives us a shot at higher rated players. Cody Hodgson is out, you can forget about it unless we make a huge trade to jump up to 7-12.

My worst fear is seeing the rangers pick Carlson at 20. I would kill babies if this happened.

Yeah i read that as well , but Doughty is just on another level , anyway its never going to happen :P but we can dream .

Quite a few Players also look up to Scott Stevens and Martin Brodeur in this draft as well, so there is a lot of choice.

As for the Rangers picking Carlson , if the Devils wanted him they would move up if possilbe, and i do think at the right price it is perfectly possible to do. Columbus would be an easy target, with two first round selections, one being at 19, we could easily move some things about like a third rouner to move up to get someone.

I continue to demand Carlson. But now with him ranking as high as he is, I'm probably gonna be suspicious if he falls to us...

I have only seen that one site with him going at 15, everyone else has him pegged to fall to us or there abouts, A lot of other mock drafts have him going lower than where were drafting so it could go either way.

As i said in another thread , the FutureConsiderations draft has two goalies going in the first, which i dont think has appeared in any other mock draft, most dont even have one goaltender going in the first round, so i wouldnt worry to much. Carlson has actually moved up a few places since the mid term rankings and finished at 17 from 19 so who knows?

I didn't notice this until the other day reading a thread on HF but this is a draft that the LA Kings have to do well in. I mean, they have 15 picks, so you gotta think they are bound to get a couple of NHLers and be able to trade some of those picks for players/other prospects to help the team.

KINGS DRAFT PICKS

2008 DRAFT PICKS (15)

======================

1. 1st Rd: LA = 2nd Overall

2. 1st Rd: From Dallas = 28th Overall (Norstrom trade)

3. 2nd Rd: LA = 32nd Overall

4. 2nd Rd: From Calgary = 48th Overall (Conroy trade)

5. 2nd Rd: From Detroit = 61st Overall (Stuart trade)

6. 3rd Rd: LA = 63rd Overall

7. 3rd Rd: From New York Rangers = 81st Overall (Avery trade, because Marek didn't come to NA, sign w/ Kings)

8. 3rd Rd: From Philadelphia = 88th Overall (Modry trade)

--. 4th Rd: *LA = 93rd Overall - traded away to WSH (traded to WSH for a 2007 4th round pick {Alec Martinez})

9. 4th Rd: From Vancouver = 101st Overall (Sopel trade)

10. 4th Rd: Dallas = 119th Overall, From Tampa Bay (Munce trade)

11. 5th Rd: LA = 123rd Overall (To WAS if Kings re-signed Heward, but they didn't)

12. 6th Rd: LA = 153rd Overall

13. 6th Rd: From Dallas = 179th Overall (Evgeni Fedorov trade per LAKings.com)

14. 7th Rd: LA = 183rd Overall

15. 7th Rd: From Anaheim = 203rd Overall (Aubin trade)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15661

It's Eklunds site. but this guy is pretty good even being a phailures blogger... forgot carlson though

"The NHL Entry Draft class of 2008 is touted as being the deepest since 2003, thanks largely to a plethora of highly touted defensemen. Some pundits even predict that this year

Edited by CMONBRENT

CMON Carlson.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/colu...-forwards_N.htm

The forward group has some marquee value this year with three of the top offensive talents among Red Line's top five spots overall. But there is a pretty steep drop off after that top tier, so teams who want to grab one of the premium forwards had better be prepared to make a bold move to trade up in the draft.

The top two forwards, and the top two talents overall, are Steven Stamkos and Nikita Filatov. Both are dynamic, explosive game breakers who put a lot of points on the board and make players around them better. Stamkos is on top of our chart, but the gap between the two is not as wide as some would have you believe. We give Stamkos the edge because of his tremendous character and history of producing at every level. Stamkos is just a natural born sniper

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/1667...Mock-Draft.html

Another Mock for you

20. Rangers select Jared Staal, RW (Sudbury)

Brother Marc worked out pretty well for the Blueshirts, so why not go back to the well for the youngest Staal, tabbed as the bruiser of the family.

21. New Jersey selects Jacob Markstrom, G (Brynas)

The Devils need a goaltender of the future and Markstrom has been the name most associated with New Jersey. Look for him to stay in Europe for a couple years until Brodeur stops playing 75 games a season.

26. Buffalo selects John Carlson, D (Indiana)

The recently inked London Knight is already NHL-sized, plus he boasts power play quarterback skills. The Sabres won