CMON NHL DRAFT THREAD 6-20.

CMONPETEYD

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome.. Nice and small.. not a defenseman.. Center or Goalie.. things we needed haha.. Lou must know something.. Atleast we got extra picks

By the way.. in all my years watching the draft.. I never noticed how much like Yoda Lou looks like

Edited by Jdub

From TSN: The diminutive Swedish winger is amongst the most competitive and skilled players available in this draft, but his lack of size is likely going to discount him in this draft. What he lacks in size, he makes up for with confidence, on and off the ice. He has an extra gear, which is essential for small guys looking to succeed in the NHL, and doesn't take a backward step in the mold of a Mats Naslund or Marty St. Louis. Could fall to the second round because of size issues, but if a team really likes him and is willing to look past the height, he could go much higher than ranked.

From NHL Central Scouting: Mattias is excellent on every shift. He has outstanding speed, stick work and work ethic. He is small but fearless - he takes hits and always comes back. He creates scoring chances with his outstanding skating and is very difficult to stop when he is at full speed. He has excellent balance and quick, smooth hands, but needs to improve on his defensive awareness.

well we finally stop playing backwards frogger

heres a quote from Tedenby

“I don’t care if it’s a big guy who’s coming into the corner,” Tedenby told NHL.com. “Let’s go in first and see what happens after.”

hmm, sounds good so far

Edited by DEVILS>Rangers

TSN was calling him 5'8 I saw him listed at 5'10 170lbs. I'd go with the smaller size as teams always list players bigger. I don't really like how small he is, I really would like to see the Devils get bigger. TSN said he is close to NHL ready which is a plus. Sounds like he can succeed if he adds muscle and doesn't let his size hold him back. I hope he makes it but the size thing is worrisome. Sounds like he has a great work ethic, skating ability, and isn't afraid to get punished to help the team. Thats a big plus.

Future Considerations said this about him:

Strengths: The hard working speedster has great hand skills and creativity which he displays in each game. His skating has a short smooth effective stride and good first two step acceleration. Not afraid to challenge big defenders and will take a hit to make a play. He can beat defenders to the net on the outside using his speed or up the middle with his hands. He has good vision and can be a playmaker but is a natural finisher. Tedenby is a hard working forward with loads of offensive skill that has produced at every level thus far.

Weakness: Size is a major concern as Tedenby is very small and you wonder if a defender were to catch him with a big hit, as he will face in the NHL, if he would be durable enough. Tedenby needs to add strength to his legs and upper body so he can be more effective in fighting off checkers. His defensive game is also in need of improvement.

NHL Potential: Offensive Forward.

Boom or Bust Potential: Medium Risk, High Reward. Size is the only thing that would hold Tedenby back but if he can work through this concern his overall skill will make him a scorer at the NHL level.

Extra Notes: Mattias did not start the year in the Elite League but rather worked his way up after impressing at the junior level for HV 71.

Edited by thefiestygoat

awesome.. Nice and small.. not a defenseman.. Center or Goalie.. things we needed haha.. Lou must know something.. Atleast we got extra picks

By the way.. in all my years watching the draft.. I never noticed how much like Yoda Lou looks like

You draft the the best available player, not the position you need the most. Lou did an excellent job, esentially turning 1 pick into 3 by moving down two slots.

We all wanted to get younger and faster and Tedenby may be the fastest of them all. Can you imagine him on a line with Gionta and Parisi? Folks coming in late will think they missed the period and are watching the Mighty Mights on Ice!

So far, good job by Lou.