CMON NHL DRAFT THREAD 6-20.

CMONPETEYD

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance he is in Lowell next season???... Maybe an extra year in Sweden will do him good.

I think it was Pierre that said he is close to being ready talent wise, he just needs to add muscle. Hockeys Future profile on him says he has a chance at 3rd/4th line time next year with HV71 and that he will probably spend 2 more years overseas. I guess after that, if he is signed, then he would come over and spend a year or two in the AHL.

Here are our picks for tomorrow...

Round 2

#54 (Acquired from WSH in draft day trade 6/20/08)

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

#205 (Acquired from MIN in Voros trade 3/1/07)

Should be interesting to see if they have a chance at Toews in the second round, or maybe a goalie like Markstrom, who is considered to be the best European goalie by a lot of scouting agencies/sites. I also won't be surprised to see if they take a big defenseman.

Just got back from The Rock. Lots of people impressed with Lou for trading down twice and acquiring more picks. Most everyone was surprised with the eventual pick. The crowd definitely wanted Carlson.

Good crowd, though.

Didn't see this mentioned. I apologize if it was already. Definitely not draft news. Some may find it interesting. Matt at the draft party congratulated Marty for getting married this weekend. He said it was in the Dominican Republic.

Edited by Rock

Everyone back in chat for round 2?

A little on Burlon:

NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards

"He's not an overly big defenseman, but he has really good mobility and a good shot from the point. He jumps up into the rush well, but needs to improve on his defensive reliability. He played in a really small rink this year and was still able to move the puck quickly and well. Puck-skill wise, he's good, and as he moves up, his decision-making will improve."

St. Michaels head coach and GM Richard Ricci

"Brandon is a highly mobile defenseman with deceptive speed. His strengths include a pro shot and the ability to get it off quickly, especially one-timers. He has good vision on the ice and plays a controlled and composed game. Areas of improvement and growth include his physical play and decision-making of when to join the rush. He battles hard, is a fierce competitor and is extremely good at running a power-play."

Edited by thelastonealive

Here's Cormier's stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=90481

Burlon has no stats listed for 2007-08.

One thing not so encouraging about Cormier is that he was 6th on his team in scoring, but he did miss 15 games. And I think anyone would want to make the team to get out of Rimouski.

he is a defenisve FWD

if you go to his teams website (Burlon) you will get his stats 7 G 17 A

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/5392

Delahey at HF but I can't get it to open because they're swamped I'm guessing.

Edit: There is nothing there so no big deal. :lol:

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/fea...495&k=59935

Canada.com feature on Delahey

"Matty is kind of an under-rated guy," Hunt said of the 6-foot-3, 214-pounder. "He was an all-star at the midget AAA level and he was a guy who maybe took the wrong route to get here in terms of bulking (up) versus quickness. It has been a tough process for him. He thought maybe he'd step in and contribute a little bit more but he's the kind of player everybody is looking for. He's stay at home, he's physical, he's playing with an edge now. His reliable play has earned him opportunities on the power play, where I think he has done a very good job. He's obviously very comfortable (with his game) right now."
Edited by Devils731

Devils draft Kory Nagy in the 5th round:

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/team/playerprofile.php?ID=1900

Kory is a solidly-built player with great speed who has worked hard to develop his skills the past two seasons. He was a captain in minor midget hockey with Brantford so he has obvious future leadership skills and is a great competitor. Nagy worked hard just to earn a spot on the team last year after being a fifth round OHL pick, and he
Edited by Devils731

Kory Nagy C 5'11 196lbs, Oshawa (OHL)

Seems like his numbers improved this year, and he had a strong showing in the playoffs.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=89820

From HF in April:

"Nagy is gaining more confidence as he matures as a hockey player. His game has improved as the season has gone on. He was Oshawa's fifth-round pick, 85th overall in 2005 OHL draft. Not real big but does have good strength. A good skater with above average speed who can pull away from defender for breakaway."

NHL Network said he wasn't listed by CSS and that NJ had an interest in him and called him a month ago. Seems like Lou really likes something about this guy.

Edited by thefiestygoat

gotta love the NHL Network feed "we don't even know if he's here". he's not listed on any scouting services, but the Devils called him a month ago and said they liked him.

man - this is why we see so many misses late with the devils the last few years. one of these reaches out of nowhere has to payoff, right?