CMON NHL DRAFT THREAD 6-20.

CMONPETEYD

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/1667...Mock-Draft.html

Another Mock for you

20. Rangers select Jared Staal, RW (Sudbury)

Brother Marc worked out pretty well for the Blueshirts, so why not go back to the well for the youngest Staal, tabbed as the bruiser of the family.

21. New Jersey selects Jacob Markstrom, G (Brynas)

The Devils need a goaltender of the future and Markstrom has been the name most associated with New Jersey. Look for him to stay in Europe for a couple years until Brodeur stops playing 75 games a season.

26. Buffalo selects John Carlson, D (Indiana)

The recently inked London Knight is already NHL-sized, plus he boasts power play quarterback skills. The Sabres won

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hockey News really is a joke.

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but HF posted a mock draft.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1042...mock_draft2008/

21. New Jersey

Jordan Eberle, Regina WHL, C

The Devils have had success in the past taking players of smaller stature who have a nose for the net, and Eberle could be another one of those picks. His 42 goals in 70 games shows a nose for the net and his offensive gifts would be a welcome addition to the Devils

For perspective, RedLine report killed the goalies in the draft this year, essentially calling them all mediocre. If that's at all accurate, taking a goalie in the 1st would be a real stretch for the Devils.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/colu...e-goalies_N.htm

No matter what, I'd like to see them take a goalie late in the draft this year and next. It always seems a lot of good goalies tend to be selected later on. If that report is accurate, then I really hope the Devils don't draft a goalie early.

How about we hold our own njdevs mock draft today. Do the first two rounds and see what we come up with.

Start it at 7.30 eastern?

Anyone interested?

Thats an awesome idea. I'd love to be a part of that but there is no way I'd be able to make reasonable choices, I don't know enough about the prospects and other teams' needs.

Thats an awesome idea. I'd love to be a part of that but there is no way I'd be able to make reasonable choices, I don't know enough about the prospects and other teams' needs.

It would have been ok , just look at the team needs for the team you would represent (hockeys future), look at which players might fit the bill (TSN top 60), pick a player for their team. :)

Dont think there is enough time now before the draft to get one organised, might have to put one together for the next draft.

I'm heading to the draft tomorrow. Not too sure how exciting it will be, but I'll be there nevertheless. Anyone ever been to an NHL draft before?

I went to the one in Carolina a few years ago. It's ok. You can't get some autographs and what not if you like that kinda stuff. I wouldn't ever go to another one unless it was at the Devils, Rangers, Isles or Flyers arenas.

Anyone know if this is being show for free anywhere on the net.

I dunno about the first round but nhl.com will be airing the pre and post draft show today as well as all the other rounds tomorrow.

I'm heading to the draft tomorrow. Not too sure how exciting it will be, but I'll be there nevertheless. Anyone ever been to an NHL draft before?

A little late but I was at the draft back in 1994 in Hartford. It was okay to watch but what made it better was I happened to sit in front of a couple of draft-niks who kept the evening entertaining.