Mattias Tedenby Info

Chimaira_Devil_#9

The earliest we will see him would be next season, but I don't think that will happen. more like 2 to 3 years and he'll be on this team hopefully. With his level of skill he could make it next year if nothing goes wrong with his development. A lot will depend on our roster needs.

Should be an exciting pick. He'll put up slightly better numbers in sweden this year, but probably not a huge jump. He wont be putting up OHL numbers because he'll be an 18-19 year old playing in a mens league with 3rd-4th line ice time. Hopefully people here dont get down on him in a year when his stats from SEL arent 100 pts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anze Kopitar didn't put up any numbers his first full season in the SEL.. I think he had something like 20 pts in 40 games...

But Hopefully he can come over and gel with Bergfors. Crazy thing is.. bergfors is only 21.. so he will develop quicker now hopefully.

I like Tedenby.. He is tough and fast and "not afraid of anything" so lets see how this works.

I like the pick a lot. The system was in serious need of a skill infusion. They got it with Tedenby. Just wish that skill came in a bigger package. But if that were the case, he wouldn't have been on the board at 21, let alone 24. I also really like the Burlon pick in the 2nd round. Wasn't able to find one bad thing written about Burlon anywhere. And, he's going to play for Michigan...nothing but plusses all around.

well, i'm not judging the pick as such, nor do i know anything abotu this kid at all, but i do think new jersey's de-emphasis on size is tiresome and a doomed strategy. it got us the midget squad that got crushed by ottawa and carolina in back to back seasons - the devils never filled holik's spot, lucked out with a stanley cup, but still haven't been able to locate that dominant physical presence. they didn't try to do so this year either.

When, In my "rant" thread, I said the Devil's l"lucked out with a Cup" I came under serious attack.

2003 "Luck" IMHO is what has perpetuated Lou's operation, under a delusion for several years now.

Anze Kopitar didn't put up any numbers his first full season in the SEL.. I think he had something like 20 pts in 40 games...

But Hopefully he can come over and gel with Bergfors. Crazy thing is.. bergfors is only 21.. so he will develop quicker now hopefully.

I like Tedenby.. He is tough and fast and "not afraid of anything" so lets see how this works.

I don't know why you think putting Bergfors and Tedenby together will make Bergfors better, just because they're Swedish. If that was the case, we shouldn't stop there. We should also open the vault for Mats Sundin, and bring in Borje Salming and Hakan Loob for a smoked fish feast.

I don't know why you think putting Bergfors and Tedenby together will make Bergfors better, just because they're Swedish. If that was the case, we shouldn't stop there. We should also open the vault for Mats Sundin, and bring in Borje Salming and Hakan Loob for a smoked fish feast.

What about Forsberg?