New AHL team "Iowa Chops" offers contract to Favre

Shtikl

After giving it some thought, I like the name. It's different. Does a name/logo like the Penguins strike fear into the hearts of opponents?? Only their reputation.

In fact, maybe I'll buy a t-shirt eh??

Go Chops! Grill dem bastards!

Can he even play hockey?

About as well as Alex Ovechkin can play football, I suppose. It might be the best possible solution for the "what to do with Favre now that the Packers don't want him" problem.

I don't know if this is a uniquely Iowa form of humor (heavy on the maize), if somebody had a little too much of that corn-based ethanol they brag about brewing, or if it's just a wild PR stunt. But it's spreading the team's name around, isn't it? I can't say that the Lowell Devils are doing as much to promote themselves...

I kinda like the name. The team was going to be named the Iowa Storm, which is generic and lame. Atleast the Chops is uniquely Iowan. It may sound kinda hick-ish, but who cares? Many Iowans are proud of their heritage as part of the 'bread basket of the nation' in agriculture and livestock.

I kinda like the name. The team was going to be named the Iowa Storm, which is generic and lame. Atleast the Chops is uniquely Iowan. It may sound kinda hick-ish, but who cares? Many Iowans are proud of their heritage as part of the 'bread basket of the nation' in agriculture and livestock.

this is very true, at leas the team applies to Iowa's fan base and industry. at least they made the pig look pissed off, and with the wonderful smell of hockey gear I think they team will fit quite well. :giggle:

Imagine if you will, that Brett Farve actually took them up on the offer and played, oh I dunno, 1 game with the team. What better way to fill an arena with new Chops fans than try to get a celebrity to play a few game with them. Sure, it's hacky but it's great publicity for the team!