Caa Could Be A Great Arena If...

Gloversville NY JOEY RYAN!

They should lower the roof and take out approximately 2500 seats. The building would be more intimate and would be louder with a lowered ceiling.

Thoughts?

The heck with Newark.

They have so much room to build around the arena, they could have shops, stores, etc.

Could be an ideal place the only thing lacking is vision and leadership.

A rail link to the Meadows, to bring in fans who don't want to or can't drive.

More boxes to bring in more revenue.

Reasonably priced seats.

Improve the image. Being a Devils fan for 20+ years still feels like I'm in a cult.

I've always said that the arena needs to be a destination, not a side trip. With NO shops, bars, restaurants or hotels near (and I mean walking or VERY short drive) it becomes a side trip - Let's meet at steve's steaks for dinner at like 5 (which mean's leaving work between 3:30 and 4 for most), have a relatively quick dinner (after waiting for a table), then rush over to the arena for a 7pm start, then, well, we can all just get back in our cars and drive home since there's not really anyplace nearby to grab a drink or something afterwards. Look at the places that do well, you go to a restaurant or bar pre game, walk over to the game, then grab a drink someplace post game and wait for 8,000 or so other cars to get out of the area before you do the same. Out of towners can stay in a hotel and walk to the arena, rather than renting a car, asking where withing a 1/2 hr drive to go for dinner etc. We need more than a swamp and major, uncrossable, highways surrounding the place.

Reasonably priced tickets (will never happen) would be good too. Why hasn't any team figured out that the center ice tickets (blue line to blue line) are their premium seats and your typical buyer feels ripped off paying the same price for a corner seat 20 to 30 rows back as the guy sitting in row 5 on the center ice line? Break it up into the premium, better than most, average and less than desirable sections and price each accordingly.

NHL will never be big time in the US like the other 3 sports, and the more I think about it, I like it this way.

I still hope that in about 10 years, the NHL will be considered on par with the other "big 3" of professional sports. It's the most consistently fast-paced game around, and it's got everything fans are looking for in sports. Its fast pace will be more appealing to a soceity whose members are experiencing an increasingly fast-paced lifestyle... look at the dropoff with watching baseball. People complain it takes too much time and is too slow.

I dunno. I'd like to see hockey grow in popularity.

As for the CAA, I really would like to see them close up rafters and lower the ceiling a bit... there could be 17,000 fans in there and it would sounds like there are 15..

*shrug* another big mall. Whoopty do. As much as I love parking lot celebrations I really hope that if we win this year the parade is held on Broad Street in Newark. We have a city in our state. Why not make it one we can be proud of?

:clap::clap::clap:

Personally, I love Newark. Would love to see the Devils there.

I hope they could do something about the train system, it is messed up. Right now I'd have to take a train to Hoboken then connect to Newark. It's a waste! They could make direct-to-Newark trains at certain times on game days / events. It might work.

I'm a fan of rail consolidation but I think that building the most important railroad station in New Jersey in the toxic wasteland that is Secaucus is a huge mistake. It might have cost a bit more but they could have done the exact same thing in Newark or Harrison.

Well Secaucus and Manhattan are both islands and they both have a lot of retail. :unsure:

Reasonably priced tickets (will never happen) would be good too. Why hasn't any team figured out that the center ice tickets (blue line to blue line) are their premium seats and your typical buyer feels ripped off paying the same price for a corner seat 20 to 30 rows back as the guy sitting in row 5 on the center ice line? Break it up into the premium, better than most, average and less than desirable sections and price each accordingly.

While agree that the price scaling is out of wack in most arenas.

I disargree that a center ice seat is the premium seating. Id have to believe that most fans want to sit where their team scores twice. For a home game those tickets are always the hardest to get and there are always more people on that side of the building.

good point sarge, except, in NJ, with a defensive style and M. Brodeur, well, I think I'd rather sit in Marty's end and watch him shut down and frustrate opponents - lol. Maybe in Edmonton with the wide open offensive system I'd sit in the opponent's end.