GDT: 1/19/09 - 8:00 PM ET-New Jersey @ Nashville

RunninWithTheDevil

I can't believe they are in first place. I still won't be surprised if they stumble at some point before/right when Marty gets back (nor will I be disappointed), but this is one of the biggest surprises ever to happen for this great franchise.

I guess I underestimated this certain crop of depth, and now it just gets even better with Shanny. Tell you what, Pando is a good defensive player (obviously what he's known for), but I don't think even he does what Shanny does toward the end of the game there (with the persistent backcheck even after sliding down to make a block). Especially at the very end to chew up 10-15 seconds in the offensive zone.

And JESUS MADDEN, hit Shanny with that pass to send him in all alone. But he did have a nice pass to Rolston for the 2nd goal, and a great hand pass at the end for the ENG. But damn, that pass to Shanny should have been a lay-up! haha....

Rolston-Madden-Shanny is a great line.

And I'll tell you another underrated thing about Shanny's play, he is one fine dump-in-er. Good start to his season, really good start. I hope he keeps it up.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh i think morris is bad and has been since he left calgary. but i don't get to see much of him.

the 5F PP was back tonight by the way and not just on the 5 on 3. it's why langenbrunner took the interference penalty.

morris is not what he was back in calgary, but he's still got a very good first pass and can play the PP.

and martin was on the other point when jamie took the penalty.

you are right that the 5 on 3 did have Rolston and Langenbrunner on the points. in that instance, i'm 50/50 ok with it.

Gratz Shanny 4 an nice Debut...

All he does is score a goal, throws multiple checks, 14+ min. ice time, leads the team in shots with half a dozen. And his last shift of the game with 2 minutes left was brilliant. Just a great way to debut for your team, so late in the season. At 40 years old, he exceeded what my expectations were for his first game. 10 months for Brendan. No hockey, no problem. (no rust)

Division leaders over the Rags, (with a game @ hand) and it was Shanny that helped us over the hump. Suck a fat one Slats! :devil:

Edited by Beezer34

andy greene worries me. tonight again he got beat dreadfully one on one. made some nice plays with the puck, though. without it is where he's got the problems.

Greene is, and has been, the worst player on the roster since he returned from injury. No question. I hold my breath when he's on ice. I remember him making two good plays...but that's nothing to get excited over after all of these games.

If we can upgrade Greene, we're such a good team.

Shannahan had a good game , but im still not sold, but thats prehaps because i have never liked him so :noclue:

The Elias/Zubrus/Gionta line has slowed down a bit, hopefully they can get out of the mini slump and get some prroduction going in the near future.

Good win, and a great road trip :dance:

Great game for the Devils as we take over the division lead (hopefully the Rags will lose tonight and we can hold onto it for longer:P). Up to a 4 game winning streak, and just one big game against the Habs left before the all-star break.

Shanahan really played well tonight, great to see him playing at a high level so early on. Cant wait to see him out there in person on Wednesday :dance: Clarkson is continuing to have a really solid year, and Clemmer played well out there tonight. Hopefully we can keep things going on Wednesday.

Marty Brodyer? Terry Crisp is terrible. It's pronounced Broder

Terry Crisp is from Cal-Gary and he has some strange pronunciations for a LOT of words.

We've gotten used to it...or maybe we just ignore it. :lol:

as a side note, what the hell was that whistling going on all game - it sounded like someone blowing through the straw to one of those water bottles you'd have at soccer practice.
I was wondering that myself. Hopefully you couldn't hear that at ice level because it would have been very, very distracting for the players.

The "whistles" are Jordin Tootoo Whistles.

They are sold at the arena for $10 and all the money goes to charity (Predators Foundation)

Jordin has always been known for his hard hitting - they call him the "Tootoo Train".

I agree they CAN be annoying, but we as fans figure we're doing a service to the other team by letting them know Toots is on the ice. ;)

Why the fvck do ppl still bang on Clarkson. You would be crazy to break up Clarkie and Rolston. Perfect match man. Clarkie is really doing a great job screening the goalie with Rolstons cannon pshhh. I also hate how people hate that he takes penalties. I don't mind the penalties, he sticks up for teamates, and when he fights the team seems to score right after that i.e Tom Kostopoulous. I know everyone here wants the skill players. Seems like some on here rather see Vrana and Bergfors than Holik, Clarkie. Teams can win with grit, we aren't the Red Wings we can't just outskill people and we score allot of garbage goalmouth goals with our bigs. And also you guys say Janssen was a sideshow, I've watched a few STL Blues games this year and the fans go crazy which results in the teams morale lifts and then better hockey. If ya don't want physical hockey tape the all-star game and Euro leagues and watch them all day. Alright now that thats off my chest 1st place baby fvck NYR!!!

He's doing a hell of allot more than gionta right now. Gionta don't take penalties but he thinks hes brian rolston and wont go anywere near the net and just takes slapshots. Hes not a bad player I just wish people give the 4th liners a break with penalties and stuff it's going to happen they're going to take penalties, it's not going to change that's how they play get over it, I'll take clarkie over the clean lowell Devils like Bergfors any day.