GDT: 1/19/09 - 8:00 PM ET-New Jersey @ Nashville

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All alone in 1st place... :koolaid:

Who's in 1st place now NYR bitches?!?! :P

Great finish to this great road trip for the Devils (5-1). Parise getting the ENG for his 27th goal of the season. Shanahan played great and I am so happy he is back on the Devils where he belongs. PP was good and the PK was still good. Clemmer should have had the shutout, but its another win for him (18-7-1) and leads the NHL in road wins since 11/15/08 with 15-wins. :koolaid:

Now the Devils need to keep it going and not have a "let down" game on Wednesday vs. Montreal at home. Devils need to stay on top now that they are there. :evil:

well, if someone said that brodeur would be out and the devils would be in first place in mid-january, i'd've assumed that petr vrana and anssi salmela were having just tremendous rookie seasons.

a nice win. would've been nice to score more but some of the best chances hit the post.

shanahan played very well. a few shots, a goal, can't argue there. thought sutter played him too much, if anything.

clemmensen played very well and i expect to see him in nets vs. montreal.

andy greene worries me. tonight again he got beat dreadfully one on one. made some nice plays with the puck, though. without it is where he's got the problems.

as a side note, what the hell was that whistling going on all game - it sounded like someone blowing through the straw to one of those water bottles you'd have at soccer practice.

Superb ending to the cross-counrty road trip. Devils win 5 of 6, take first in the Atlantic and the old man was great in his first game. And we shoulda had that Ducks game, but what are ya going to do, I'll take this.

I am also really liking Clemm's pads, Chico pointed it out and it really did control his rebounding tonight.

LETS GO DEVILS! :koolaid:

Yeah, you can tell Clemmer is making a conscious effort at improving his rebound control. He did a nice job with that tonight.

Observations from tonight's game:

(1) Steve Sullivan was really floating out there tonight. He was constantly trying to get behind the defence for the break-away pass that never came.

(2) Clemmensen seems to let in far more 3rd period goals than 1st period goals. Do they keep that stat at NHL.com? *checks* Hrmm.. not that I can find. Maybe we can have Clemmy play 70% and Weekes 30%. Scott will play periods 1 and 2, Kevin the 3rd.

(3) Seriously, this is one of a string of games where we've built up a lead and then sat back trying to defend it, only to make it much closer than it should have been.

(4) The Parise line isn't as hot as at the beginning of the season. The Elias line is just dead. Yet we get a goal from some Shanahan guy and Clarkson. Nice to have scoring depth so that even when our top TWO lines are not clicking, we can still win games. It's been a while since we've had this kind of scoring depth. I like it.

as a side note, what the hell was that whistling going on all game - it sounded like someone blowing through the straw to one of those water bottles you'd have at soccer practice.

I was wondering that myself. Hopefully you couldn't hear that at ice level because it would have been very, very distracting for the players.

wow, i didn't see that shanahan was given 6 shots on goal. pretty impressive. maybe we should've waited until april to sign him.

i don't think elias has played well the last few games, he's in one of his funks. i thought zubrus had a very good game and that gionta played okay, but elias isn't all there lately.

andy greene worries me. tonight again he got beat dreadfully one on one. made some nice plays with the puck, though. without it is where he's got the problems.

could go either way on clemmer - he gave up some HUGE rebounds. i would not be surprised either way if he played in MTL or not.

lou will most certainly add a defenseman and it will end up being greene out of the lineup (quite possibly because he's been traded).

that whistling was horrendous. i kept looking in on my daughter to see if she was doing it!

could go either way on clemmer - he gave up some HUGE rebounds. i would not be surprised either way if he played in MTL or not.

lou will most certainly add a defenseman and it will end up being greene out of the lineup (quite possibly because he's been traded).

quite honestly i'd bet against both of these things. sutter loves to keep the same lineup after a win.

and, re: adding a defenseman - who? besides schneider. bouwmeester's probably staying put. filip kuba? there's just not much out there.

that whistling was horrendous. i kept looking in on my daughter to see if she was doing it!

i think i read in TG's blog that those were what he called train whistles the fans were using for Tootoo

yep here it is

"The fans keep blowing whistles every time Jordin Tootoo is on the ice. They sound like train whistles - not the referee's whistle"

"Those Jordin Tootoo whistles are driving me crazy."

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/01...11909.html#more

Remember what Doc Said Tonight:

" check your fire smoke detector bateries folks"

And also waht chico said:

"... and I Said to Scott Clemeson: "This digital reply is bougth to you by Panasonic..."

Doc: " This is waht yyou told him?"

Chico: "yeah"

The team played great tonight, see the Shany smile after he scored that one goal was great.

Man that whistle was annoying the whole game. It sounded like one of those candy whistle pops that make that annoying sound.

I agree with Tri that Sutter does like to keep the same line up after a win, BUT tonight Pandolfo was out for Shanahan which did play out for the better with a great game by him plus a PPG is always a plus. :P

Also agree it will be Clemmensen to play at home vs. Montreal on Wednesday night. I also like Clemmer's new pads with the added red in them. Keep the winning train rolling Devils. Like Sutter said, "we worked really hard to get into this position, which is first place now and would like to keep it going and stay there."

well, if someone said that brodeur would be out and the devils would be in first place in mid-january, i'd've assumed that petr vrana and anssi salmela were having just tremendous rookie seasons.

a nice win. would've been nice to score more but some of the best chances hit the post.

shanahan played very well. a few shots, a goal, can't argue there. thought sutter played him too much, if anything.

The whistling was terrible to listen to, they need to have a noisemaker policy like at the rock.

Also I agree with what you said about Greene except I think he has played poor with AND without the puck, he iced it two or three times tonight.

Something unrelated, how many breakaways has Zajac had this year? It's gotta be at least 7. I don't think he has scored on any of them, he should probably practice the shootout in practice more often.

and, re: adding a defenseman - who? besides schneider. bouwmeester's probably staying put. filip kuba? there's just not much out there.

i've learned i can't guess on who lou might go get. i agree that bouwmeester will cost too much in trade. schneider fits the bill as we've been saying all year but his best asset is his play on the PP and surprisingly, the devils haven't been bad there since sutter dumped the 5F PP.

if i had to guess, i'll say derek morris.

i've learned i can't guess on who lou might go get. i agree that bouwmeester will cost too much in trade. schneider fits the bill as we've been saying all year but his best asset is his play on the PP and surprisingly, the devils haven't been bad there since sutter dumped the 5F PP.

if i had to guess, i'll say derek morris.

ugh i think morris is bad and has been since he left calgary. but i don't get to see much of him.

the 5F PP was back tonight by the way and not just on the 5 on 3. it's why langenbrunner took the interference penalty.