Help me develop a rally towel

LivingThread

We all know about the Terrible towel for the Steelers. Then there is the Growl Towel for the Caorlina Panthers. I know the guy by the PATH sells some 60 minutes of Hell towels, but they are a cheap advertisement for him (and "HELL" isnt for everyone and limits sales).

I need help coming up with a great idea for our own towels. Ive been trying to think of something cool to print up (i am a screen printer on the side) and give out/sell. The key factor is no use of the Term "New Jersey Devils" - "Devils" - or anything else that will get me sued by the Devils and the NHL. There is no law saying i cant print up towels that say something similiar to the Terrible Towel since it doesnt have the Steelers trademarked name on it. There is a new ruling that a misleading use of the colors and whatever can get me in trouble but I can handle that part. Leave that to me and my lawyers :-)

Basically Ive been lokoing online at some word association sites trying to come up with something cool. Here is a list of words that would be cool to use.

Flag

Rag

Black

Red

Evil

Wicked

Nasty

Horns

Fire

Flame

Heat

Hot

And tons more. I just cant think of anything. Keep in mind i wouldnt wanna use the word "Flamer" or anything else the dumb Ranger fans can use against us.

Here is the deal. If you come up with the idea and it becomes the new slogan for the towel, I will pay you $50, give you 10 free t-shirts ($120 worth), and 10 free towels ($50 worth). Plus I might even use your name (if you want) as the creator.

The playoffs are coming and i wanna get some towels out to the fans for free. After this season ends ill prolly put some on ebay for a couple bucks.

If we come up with a few names for the towel, maybe the mod can post a poll and we can vote on it.

Anyway, thanks for thinking about it and great site.

Mike

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you could even give yellow towels to the bottom section, orange to the middle and red to the top. Make it look like fire. I know my imagination is running wild and this is probably close to impossible to do, but it sure would look sweet ;)

The idea of the red orange and tellow would be awesome in theory, but thats something the devils have to do by themselves for the fans. Its not something that would work for me.

The flame and flag thing is a bit of a downer cause its easiest word to rhyme with (flag). But i can see the retards from NY having fun with the mocking.

This has been something ive been thinking about for a while and im stumped!

Edited by LivingThread

The flame and flag thing is a bit of a downer cause its easiest word to rhyme with (flag). But i can see the retards from NY having fun with the mocking.

This has been something ive been thinking about for a while and im stumped!

Fire & Brimstone Banners? Or just Brimstone Banners? Hell, that's all I've got.

devil is just a word

New Jersey Devils is copyrighted

If people would confuse your product with the word devil in it for something the New Jersey Devils may have put out then you're still violating their branding. I'm actually writing a midterm on this for my branding class right now.

How about.. Satan's Ass Rag? jk

Good Ideas:

The Torched Towel (my favorite one)

The Forsaken Flag (2nd favorite)

The Rockin' Rag (play on words using arena name)

The Horns n' Tail Towel

The Brutal Banner

The Red n' Black Rag

The Attack Towel

The Fire n' Ice Flag

The Inferno Flag

Decent Ideas:

94' Rag Flag

Rags Suck Rag

Lucifer's Rally Rag

The Rally Rag

Satan's Signal

Ring of Fire Flag

The 666 Sign

Edited by Colin226

So are you planning to profit from this brainstorming session? You're a schlub if you sell these for anything more than the cost to have them made up. What's your mark up - seriously? Because you're not doing this on your own and I think it's lame to take advantage - exploit - fans enthusiasm for your own profit. In highly poor form if you ask me. And you didn't :evil:

So are you planning to profit from this brainstorming session? You're a schlub if you sell these for anything more than the cost to have them made up. What's your mark up - seriously? Because you're not doing this on your own and I think it's lame to take advantage - exploit - fans enthusiasm for your own profit. In highly poor form if you ask me. And you didn't :evil:

i am also curious, before commenting with ideas.. i'm a graphic designer and was thinking of mocking something up and speaking with you about it further.. but am wondering what your intentions are.

thanks

I think it just sounds like a Devils fan wanting to start a cool tradition. I remember going to playoffs (2001 I think) and the Devils handed out towels. It was great to see all those towels spinning and it adds energy to the arena. It doesn't sound like he's trying to exploit anyone, but even if he was we still have a ton of Devils fans on this forum and if they all boycott the idea then it wouldn't go anywhere. He has no reason to screw anyone over. I don't see anyone else trying this hard to get a Devils towel that will become a tradition at games

What? Against free enterprise? In America?

I would MUCH RATHER give some of my money to a fan, who has passion, who comes up with a unique item (atleast unique slogan), than give my money to a company like Reebok/CCM/Nike, etc., that make the SAME design for all 30 teams, and then marks up their product to RECORD profits.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Cause using Devils or Devil will cause problems with "the man":-(

I have checked with my copyright lawyer about this type of issue, and he says that using the term Devils would be okay, but using the nickname of the nickname, such as Devs is better.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

let me set it clear im doing this for two reasons.

#1 IS to make money. I have a regular job as an electrician, but if i can do something else (screen printing) to make money i am going to do that. I already print t-shirts for some extra money. My partner in the business prints the "60 minutes of Hell" towels for the guy near the path. Those towels however are a way of him advertising his own stuff. Id rather wave a towel thats supports the team and not someone else product. Image The Terribel Towel also said......"Buy A Ford from Myron Cope". I am making the towels as a fan who would buy one, a guy who wants to start and have something cool that can become a tradition, and a way to unite some fans.

These fans in this video are what i wish we had to intimidate and scare the pants off opposiing fans. I know it wont happen because its a different culture over there and we have womens and children at games (doesnt look like they do)

Watch the whole video (2:05+/3:00+ is great)

#2 reason is NO one else has done it. If i cant find something i either make it myself or find a way to have someone make it for me. It doesnt matter if its a shirt, towel or part for a mad scientist project.

If you feel i came here just to exploit and make money off devils fans youre wrong. I found this site and started looking around. While im trying to figure out the towel idea i figure who better to ask then fellow devils fans. If you feel im going to to profit from the ideas and run off then please exit the thread as quickly as you came in. If you want to help come up with a new idea for what can become a tradition then by all means ...help out.

hey LivingThread - i wrote you a message... would you rather me post in here? did you not get it? let me know... thanks