Sutter Hears Call of the Ranch

devilsrule33

I still can't believe how many people get suckered in by Canadian media crap. That played well at home, of course. I'm sure the only questions asked had to do with potential homesickness and there was absolutely no editorializing involved in the process. No way. Not the Canadian hockey media. Never.

Also think it's funny how people pine and get annoyed about this, but if we pull up lame in the playoffs, the same people would drive him to the airport. Maybe all the way back to Red Deer.

:giggle:

Well said. Typical media trying way too hard to read between the lines and trying to make so much more out of some quotes than what's really being said.

And I remember some enlightened boneheads around here deciding that hiring Sutter was a horrible mistake after his first 10 games or so on the job, so yeah, if they get knocked out early (with the bottom four teams playing pretty well, it could happen...that's not a knock on the Devils, just saying that the lower seeds don't look like they'll be easy outs), we'll likely hear how Sutter can't win in the playoffs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we lose in the 1st round again this year (especially if it's a disaster...rags or carolina) Sutter would've been gone anyway :P

I am a bit worried that it sounds like his heart isn't into it, but the team hasn't really been effected by any of this thus far.

If we don't win it this year and he wimps out, we should look at Peter Laviolette. Not much staying power but he could be the right guy to get us over the hump.

you know I wonder if Jacques Lemaire will survive if the Wild miss the playoffs this year? If not, would Lou bring him back?

Well, if we lose in the 1st round again this year (especially if it's a disaster...rags or carolina) Sutter would've been gone anyway :P

I am a bit worried that it sounds like his heart isn't into it, but the team hasn't really been effected by any of this thus far.

If we don't win it this year and he wimps out, we should look at Peter Laviolette. Not much staying power but he could be the right guy to get us over the hump.

you know I wonder if Jacques Lemaire will survive if the Wild miss the playoffs this year? If not, would Lou bring him back?

Lemaire's in his mid 60's, he wouldn't be any kind of long-term solution. Then again neither is Lou or half the team, it is a now organization - though Sutter was supposed to be the bridge to the next generation.

I don't think Lou would hire Laviolette, he looks down on whiner coaches.

Edited by NJDevs26

Lemaire is regressive. We already went down this road with Julien. I'd hope not. I don't want to go back to playing that style because everyone knows what the "trap" means in the "new" NHL.

Why does everyone in speculation of coming to NJ in any capacity have to have had a prior association with the team?

That's one thing about our fanbase I don't get...the nostalgia, and sometimes, the refusal to accept the years gone by with a player or coach.

The BEST thing about Sutter is he single-handedly has brought this team into the new millenium and made us relevant in terms of the "new NHL" again finally. He was some much needed new blood and approach to an already solid foundation.

First off, Brent's not going anywhere.

Secondly, the LAST thing I want to see is some outdated "all about defense" mentality-based coach that has this team winning games by the strength of Marty Brodeur's game night in and out. I don't care what Devil team he played for, coached, or if it was even Scott Stevens himself. Screw the holy reverance for "former Devils", get the right guy for the job all around.

...and right now the "right guy" is behind our bench!

Edited by DevilinLA

:rolleyes:

Be mad at lou -- now THAT'S dumb - he's not whining about how sad and lonely his is in his off hours. He's not duping fans - he TRUSTED Brent wouldn't p*ssy out on him. Larry is at least mentally unstable without home. Brent just a big BABY!! A big UNIMAGINATIVE baby who needs his better half to help him entertain himself... eejit - can't even run his own life on his own - went into hockey because someone told him to. Moved back to Alberta because someone made it seem cool to go home again... came out here to coach because hell his brothers are... GET A SET OF YOUR OWN! Well who wants you then you WUSS!! GO back home then...You know you're mommy will be there for you -- but you don't know she's secretly as disgusted as I am!!

CMONBRENT! Get a HOBBY! Fishing season will rock soon - Hang out on Stevens's farm - help him create something self-sustaining rather than just brushy hunting pasture! (I have no idea what Stevens place looks like but I am SOOOO good at know thing this guy I'm sure it's like that - and he;ll read this and sigh a heavy sigh and know I"M RIGHT!!! PUT THAT ACRAGE TO USE MR. LAZY DAYDREAM KING!!! :argh: ) OK back to Brent -- DUDE YOU HAD TO HAVE KNOWN!!! NJ SUCKS! You HAD to have known it! What? Do you think Long Island is still potato farm central and the Hamptons are filled with adorable retired working class fishermen? WAKE UP! 20 years have passed! Guess what! When you get back to Alberta all your neighbors will have sold out and WalMart with be less than an acre away!

:boogie: you wanna go???? :rant: You wanna GO DUDE? Let's go! right now! :ECW:

(see? that's me floating above the table there and that angry face is Sutter...)

How dare you miss you family..... You are a complete idiot. For someone who cares this much about a rumour, you must really like him.

".....who needs his better half to help entertain him". i dont even know what to say. He has a daughter in school who he likely only sees during xmas and all star break. anybody with a soul would understand that, even though your clearly 14 years old judging by your emphasis on Capitalization and mis-spelled words. It wouldnt matter where he lived, spending that much time alone could get to a person, especially when you not used to it.

How dare you miss you family..... You are a complete idiot. For someone who cares this much about a rumour, you must really like him.

".....who needs his better half to help entertain him". i dont even know what to say. He has a daughter in school who he likely only sees during xmas and all star break. anybody with a soul would understand that, even though your clearly 14 years old judging by your emphasis on Capitalization and mis-spelled words. It wouldnt matter where he lived, spending that much time alone could get to a person, especially when you not used to it.

Well PK is not 14 that's for sure. She probably know more about motherhood than most here.

But knowing she's a mom (As I believe she is), I must say I was little surprised at her comments, relating to Brent missing his daughter, especially a this time in his daughter's life. Its understandable feeling bad missing out on a lot of big moments in your kid's life.

Would it different if a certain #4 said something like this....(just kidding) :giggle:

especially when you not used to it.

I think you meant you're up there. Or maybe you're 14? :whistling:

Hey and Stevens KNOWS he's a big P*ssy! hence his planning ahead and setting things up as best he can to be firmly rooted in *a little throw-up in the mouth* New Jersey!

Hey this is about the Devils, not some neverwas living off his family's good name for decades! What did he ever do for my beloved Islanders back in the day -- seriously!?

:koolaid:

and I think his daughter would have LOVED to come out here to the amazing US of A's uber-glam East coast! He's been denying her a joyous and monumental experience - selfish as always! Hmph.