Sutter Hears Call of the Ranch

devilsrule33

Not going to worry about Sutter possibly leaving after this season, when we still have this season to worry about. One season and one game at a time. I do hope sutter stays and finishes out his contract here in New Jersey, because he knows he may have something special with this team and it may never come again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions after one article. Maybe they interviewed him after an islanders game I'd probably be ready to go back home to the Ranch after that also.

That's true. Plus obviously Sutter is one day going to want to go back to his home. That doesn't mean he wants to now.

I was thinking about this last night - about why do guys even hang on? It annoys me. At least Carpenter wasn't coaching a major franchise successfully when he crapped out on the whole thing. I say no more hiring these flakey ex-players. <_< It annoys me reading about Sutter getting all cow eyed -

and I DO understand - you didnt' think things through - thought you were less a p*ssy than you are, yeah? knob <_< Canadian nancy boy.

You know what fatboy? I KNEW the deal and CHOSE not to have a traveling career. Didn't think Oooh maybe I'll dip a toe in an leave if I fink its tooo chiwwy ... that's called inconsiderate. That why you have to say bullsh!t like "thnka about what I'm going though here" I I I mememememe what I left what I miss memememememe! No WONDER the team is inconsistent. I knew there was a reason you weren't my favorite Islander or Sutter brother even.

I was thinking about this last night - about why do guys even hang on? It annoys me. At least Carpenter wasn't coaching a major franchise successfully when he crapped out on the whole thing. I say no more hiring these flakey ex-players. <_< It annoys me reading about Sutter getting all cow eyed -

and I DO understand - you didnt' think things through - thought you were less a p*ssy than you are, yeah? knob <_< Canadian nancy boy.

You know what fatboy? I KNEW the deal and CHOSE not to have a traveling career. Didn't think Oooh maybe I'll dip a toe in an leave if I fink its tooo chiwwy ... that's called inconsiderate. That why you have to say bullsh!t like "thnka about what I'm going though here" I I I mememememe what I left what I miss memememememe! No WONDER the team is inconsistent. I knew there was a reason you weren't my favorite Islander or Sutter brother even.

Prob the worst post of the day. if there is anybody we should be mad at, it should be lou. this was obviously the situation from the beginning, its simply public knowledge now. "no wonder the team is inconsistent", mind explaining your rationale behind this. if by inconsistent you mean a tough spell lasting 2-3 games twice a year, then id say were fortunate. He is a human being that didnt have to take the job, but from all accounts he was wooed pretty heavily, no reason to take this out on him imo

Prob the worst post of the day. if there is anybody we should be mad at, it should be lou. this was obviously the situation from the beginning, its simply public knowledge now. "no wonder the team is inconsistent", mind explaining your rationale behind this. if by inconsistent you mean a tough spell lasting 2-3 games twice a year, then id say were fortunate. He is a human being that didnt have to take the job, but from all accounts he was wooed pretty heavily, no reason to take this out on him imo

:rolleyes:

Be mad at lou -- now THAT'S dumb - he's not whining about how sad and lonely his is in his off hours. He's not duping fans - he TRUSTED Brent wouldn't p*ssy out on him. Larry is at least mentally unstable without home. Brent just a big BABY!! A big UNIMAGINATIVE baby who needs his better half to help him entertain himself... eejit - can't even run his own life on his own - went into hockey because someone told him to. Moved back to Alberta because someone made it seem cool to go home again... came out here to coach because hell his brothers are... GET A SET OF YOUR OWN! Well who wants you then you WUSS!! GO back home then...You know you're mommy will be there for you -- but you don't know she's secretly as disgusted as I am!!

CMONBRENT! Get a HOBBY! Fishing season will rock soon - Hang out on Stevens's farm - help him create something self-sustaining rather than just brushy hunting pasture! (I have no idea what Stevens place looks like but I am SOOOO good at know thing this guy I'm sure it's like that - and he;ll read this and sigh a heavy sigh and know I"M RIGHT!!! PUT THAT ACRAGE TO USE MR. LAZY DAYDREAM KING!!! :argh: ) OK back to Brent -- DUDE YOU HAD TO HAVE KNOWN!!! NJ SUCKS! You HAD to have known it! What? Do you think Long Island is still potato farm central and the Hamptons are filled with adorable retired working class fishermen? WAKE UP! 20 years have passed! Guess what! When you get back to Alberta all your neighbors will have sold out and WalMart with be less than an acre away!

:boogie: you wanna go???? :rant: You wanna GO DUDE? Let's go! right now! :ECW:

(see? that's me floating above the table there and that angry face is Sutter...)

Actually - this is EXACTLY what happened to me when I was working in FL. I've told this story before - but this woman interviewed me for the paper back hom and made me out to be this whining homesick ASS! I wasn't even homesick - I was having a blast. She just had her own agenda.

But BRENT really IS a whiney ass -- and if he brings the Cup to NJ -- well so much the worse when he says my job here is done and moves on like Superman -- wuss bag... <_<

You know.....

(A) I think we have to stop bringing in people from the west of the Saskatchewan/Alberta border. They always "wanna go home".

(B) I am carpooling with a guy in the Canadian military who has had to move all over the PLANET, much less across the country. His family has moved 6 times during his career. The kids adapt. Am I to believe that his wife would rather Brent be a thousand miles away than to move to Jersey?

But the rumour I am hearing is the the Canadian Olympic team is looking for a full-time coach, not an NHL coach whos time would be split. So they are leaning towards Pat Quinn. Should Brent leave the Devils, they would put the Canadian training facility in Calgary and he could coach from home.

You know.....

(A) I think we have to stop bringing in people from the west of the Saskatchewan/Alberta border. They always "wanna go home".

(B) I am carpooling with a guy in the Canadian military who has had to move all over the PLANET, much less across the country. His family has moved 6 times during his career. The kids adapt. Am I to believe that his wife would rather Brent be a thousand miles away than to move to Jersey? But the rumour I am hearing is the the Canadian Olympic team is looking for a full-time coach, not an NHL coach whos time would be split. So they are leaning towards Pat Quinn. Should Brent leave the Devils, they would put the Canadian training facility in Calgary and he could coach from home.

I think the issue there is that his daughter is still in high school. I don't know when she graduates, but it's understandable that Sutter and his wife didn't want to pull her out and move 2,800 miles across the continent- that's why his wife stayed back in Alberta.

Not going to worry about Sutter possibly leaving after this season, when we still have this season to worry about.

This is probably the most true thing you've ever written.

I think the issue there is that his daughter is still in high school. I don't know when she graduates, but it's understandable that Sutter and his wife didn't want to pull her out and move 2,800 miles across the continent- that's why his wife stayed back in Alberta.

Well I hope the daughter leaves high school soon and the family relocates, I'm getting as tired of the Sutter leaving rumors as I did the neverending Gomez trade rumors when he was here :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Brent is the only qualified coach for THIS team.

Johnny MAc is not an NHL coach...barely an assistant.

I don't know if we as fans can say whether or not Johnny Mac can be a head coach at the NHL level.

The fact that Lou doesn't seem to want to give him that chance speaks volumes though.

I still can't believe how many people get suckered in by Canadian media crap. That played well at home, of course. I'm sure the only questions asked had to do with potential homesickness and there was absolutely no editorializing involved in the process. No way. Not the Canadian hockey media. Never.

Also think it's funny how people pine and get annoyed about this, but if we pull up lame in the playoffs, the same people would drive him to the airport. Maybe all the way back to Red Deer.