zubrus

drp32

Spin it anyway you like. Zubrus benefited alot from injuries early in the season and Sutter's mistaken belief that he could center Elias and Gionta.

Since the return of Rolston and the signing of Shanahan he is no longer getting the same minutes with the first two lines and his number reflect that. Since the All-Star break he has only 9 points in 30 games.

mistaken belief - he did it for 50 games. the devils' ideal lineup still has zubrus as the center of elias and gionta, it's just that zubrus's play has flagged of late. i am hoping sutter is able to give him a game or two off down the stretch here.

zubrus is a much better player than viktor kozlov was for new jersey.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spin it anyway you like. Zubrus benefited alot from injuries early in the season and Sutter's mistaken belief that he could center Elias and Gionta.

Since the return of Rolston and the signing of Shanahan he is no longer getting the same minutes with the first two lines and his number reflect that. Since the All-Star break he has only 9 points in 30 games.

Saying Zubrus didn't play on the 4th line for most of the year isn't spin, you saying it was a "mistaken belief" is the spin part since him being a top 6 forward for much of the season doesn't fit with your statement.

9 points in 30 games is right around 20 points since Zubrus is going to ONLY have around 30 points this year :lol:

Take the player for what he is. Just remember what would have happened if every player played like he did in last years playoffs. Hes a solid player playing for a great team. What more could you ask for?

Zubrus playoff stats:

2006-2007 Sabres 15 0 8 8 1 8 0 0 0 25 0.0

2007-2008 Devils 5 0 1 1 -3 8 0 0 0 5 0.0

Last season he played 5 games didn't score a goal had an assist was a -3 With Buffalo he played 15 games and didn't score a goal but had 8 assists.

So what did he do last season in the playoffs that anyone would want him back?

Zubrus playoff stats:

2006-2007 Sabres 15 0 8 8 1 8 0 0 0 25 0.0

2007-2008 Devils 5 0 1 1 -3 8 0 0 0 5 0.0

Last season he played 5 games didn't score a goal had an assist was a -3 With Buffalo he played 15 games and didn't score a goal but had 8 assists.

So what did he do last season in the playoffs that anyone would want him back?

played his fvcking ass off is what he did

played his fvcking ass off is what he did

Ya know what a part of me thinks that we have alot of sleepers on this team. Come playoffs i feel that zubrus, shanahan and rolston are gonna show us something we havnt seen from them this year. I mean can anybody remember shanahan as a ranger the guy was great and that was only last year. i know he was getting top 6 min in new york but i think sutter will use him a little more often once the playoffs roll around

Ya know what a part of me thinks that we have alot of sleepers on this team. Come playoffs i feel that zubrus, shanahan and rolston are gonna show us something we havnt seen from them this year. I mean can anybody remember shanahan as a ranger the guy was great and that was only last year. i know he was getting top 6 min in new york but i think sutter will use him a little more often once the playoffs roll around

With that being said, Clarkson Holik and Rupp need to be used a lot less once playoffs start.

The problem on that play wasn't that Zubrus whiffed on the puck. It was that while only a few strides from the red line, Zubrus felt it would be better to circle back into his zone that get center ice and dump the puck in. If you do that, you have to be 100% sure that nobody is on you and that you have time to make a pass. Obviously that wasn't the case, as Toews was right behind Zubrus.

I've never liked zubrus and this is why: hes 6'5" and plays like hes 5'6." It's like someone said in the devils awards thread, "whoa zubrus is huge!" well, yeah, but u'd never know it by the way he plays! I swear i've seen gio throw harder checks... that and he never scores! he's got 14 goals this season, 4 of which came in one game. It's like why are you here? What does he bring to the team? and stupid plays like the one he made tonight? Who was he even attempting to pass to? madden was off on a change and pelias was barely on the ice! he certainly wasnt a match for toews, you know, who actually TRIES. But really, madden-zubrus on the OT. that was a joke, right? Sorry for ranting, but zubs is the only devil i really cant stand. i feel like he doesnt fit in at all.