Parise's goalscoring pace has slowed

Rock

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/03...rises.html#more

Parise is a little behind on the goals chase -- with 41, he is on pace to finish with 46 in 82 games -- but with 88 points in 73 games, he is on pace to finish with 99. Those numbers would leave him two goals short of Brian Gionta's team record of 48, but would push him pass Elias' points record of 96.

"I've become more of a passer," Parise said with a laugh after the Devils returned to practice Thursday

"It's a funny game," Parise said. "I'm still getting shots on net. ... I think the defense has been a little tighter. The game in Boston and the game in Philly ... it just seemed like it's a lot tighter checking out there. But I'm getting shots on net; they're just not going in. It's frustrating, but ... they'll go in."

"I think a lot more teams are paying attention to him," Parise's linemate, Travis Zajac, said. "I think he's playing against the top D-men on each team every night -- guys like (Boston's Zdeno) Chara, and guys that are big and tough to play against. He's still competing, he's still getting chances. That's the great thing. He might not be scoring at the same pace as he was at the beginning of the season, but he's going to score goals and he's going to still make plays and create stuff offensively."

Whats with the constant posting of articles? Google news - try it.

AHEM ... put the fork down, newbie. :giggle: I like having my NJD news in one place!!! :koolaid:

And I say trade #9 for a 4th rd draft pick, friggin loser. WTF? He can't score 50? ohlymygeez!! Sh!t, I never liked him at UND, either ... he never ever was clutch or anything. :rolleyes:

AHEM ... put the fork down, newbie. :giggle: I like having my NJD news in one place!!! :koolaid:

And I say trade #9 for a 4th rd draft pick, friggin loser. WTF? He can't score 50? ohlymygeez!! Sh!t, I never liked him at UND, either ... he never ever was clutch or anything. :rolleyes:

PARISE TO VANCOUVER FOR OHLUND e5 OMG!!!!! :P

Whats with the constant posting of articles? Google news - try it.

Yes, everyone can do their search and read the articles themselves. I put them up because it's a jumping off point for conversation, and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why everyone else puts the articles up too. It's not as if they come at you by surprise. They are all clearly marked as articles. BTW until recently the Newsfeeds forums did not exist. If DM,Rowdy, msweet com up with a place for all Devil's articles to be posted, I'm sure there will be no more articles posted in the main forum.

Newbie? Seriously?

Yes I said NEWBIE - at least according to your registered info ... does it matter ... anyway ... so ... 'put the fork down' LOL

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,078

I may not post often, but when I do, it's usually meaningful :whistling:

OH and ... trade Parise ... trade him!!!! Trade him NOW!!! :koolaid:

Yes I said NEWBIE - at least according to your registered info ... does it matter ... anyway ... so ... 'put the fork down' LOL

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,078

I may not post often, but when I do, it's usually meaningful :whistling:

OH and ... trade Parise ... trade him!!!! Trade him NOW!!! :koolaid:

I just thought newbie was a term for 13 year old boys playing halo on xbox...or d&d people...(if that still exists haha)...

And idk if youre refering to me when you say 'trade parise' but I havent said that...at all...I think youre confusing me with the guy who asked if we should trade him in the offseason, hopefully he was being sarcastic...