Rolston: Lookingn forward to the opportunity

MadDog2020

I expect him to really step up tomorrow. It's time he starts earning that massive check of his.

Im with you; I think Rolston is going to score in either game 3 or 4. We need a goal from a player who isnt expected to score a ton (so far only Mottau). Every other goal has come from someone you can count on: Parise, Elias, or Langs. We need Zajac, Gio, Rolston, or Shanny to step up and score a few goals (especially in games 3, and 4).

It would be interesting to see Rolston play with Zach and Travis. I agree with Sutter that I don't think the lines should be disrupted too much. I honestly am hoping the Pando/Madden/Shannahan line isn't touched. They've played very well up against Staal. The Rolston/Zubrus/Gionta line is just a mess that I've never seen produce when put together. So hopefully Elias will stay with Zubs and Gio.

They ALL belong and ALL need to step up their games if they want to win this series. Out of all of them mentioned, Elias and Gionta are playing well but just need to turn it up some more. :)

I know but the way you said it made it sound like Elias was playing like Rolston and Gionta. I think he's doing the best with what he's got.

With Langenbrunner out someone has to step it up. Rolston, Elias, Gionta, Zubrus and Shanahan comes to mind for the next two games to step it up.

My pick is for Zubrus. Isn't it about time he had a 3 or 4 goal game again? Of course that means he wouldn't score for the rest of the playoffs, but I'll take it.

My pick is for Zubrus. Isn't it about time he had a 3 or 4 goal game again? Of course that means he wouldn't score for the rest of the playoffs, but I'll take it.

+1....lol Minus needs to do something for once. It's so sad watching him night in and night out. I agree that he's the weak link on the Devils.

I know but the way you said it made it sound like Elias was playing like Rolston and Gionta. I think he's doing the best with what he's got.

Elias is doing the best he can as he is banged up, but now with Langenbrunner gone for two games, he will turn it up even more as a leader and help this team get by hopefully. Same goes for Gionta who is healthy right now. Zubrus and Rolston are the ones that need the swift kick in the ass for the rest of this series.

The Devils PP has been terrible and Lou got Rolston back to New Jersey for his PP play and it has not shown. Now it is time for Rolston to step up his game now that he will be on the #1 PP unit with langenbrunner being out the next two games. Rolston does need to get open on the point and unload that blast of a shot of his through screens infront of ward and get some PPG. That is the key to this series for the Devils. Zubrus is just another story as he just looks bad and lazy out on the ice. You think with his size and strength he would use it out on the ice. No he has not and its disappointing.

The Rupp, Rolston, Clarkson line seemed to be a nice 4th line. Rolston and Clarkson were playing well together. I hope Rolston makes a positive impact on the first line, because Rupp, Holik, Clarkson sounds like a flat 4th line. If Rolly doesn't step up, 2 lines are affected. Hopefully after sitting, Holik plays better and stays out of the box.