Reconfigured top line comes through in overtime ...

Rock

Reconfigured top line comes through in overtime win in Carolina

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/04...olina.html#more

The Devils felt they sat back too much in overtime in losing Game 2 and did the same for the last seven or eight minutes of regulation tonight. So, during the intermission before overtime tonight, they talked about making sure to stay on the attack.

"The important thing is we know how we need to play and how we want to play," Sutter said. "When we play that way it's a lot more fun to play. We were just getting out of the funk we were in the last six, seven or eight minutes. I think we focused on two things. At least give yourself a chance to win. In New Jersey (in Game 2) we never did that because we just sat back."

Zajac admitted he flubbed his shot on the winning goal after Ward made the initial save with his left pad..

"It kind of handcuff me and he actually made a good save on it because I shot it back across the crease and it came right back to me," Zajac said. "I was able to get it up and I think I flubbed on that one more than the first one."

Zajac, who had not scored since March 17 against Chicago, said no one "blessed" his stick like Carolina's Niclas Wallin did for Tim Gleason, who scored the OT winner in Game 2 for the Hurricanes.

Rolston played well last night on that line.

Zajac was only due for a goal. He has been getting so many chances lately. Coach Sutter has been praising Zajac for his good play despite not being able to put the puck in the net. Travis was due and the goal came at a huge time. Hopefully Travis keeps the effort and continues to play well.

Parise is just parise. Very good.

We still miss Langenbrunner and hopefully he can return soon.

I know Rolston has become a high octane offensive player since being in Minnesota but his play reminds me of Rolston in the past way back in the late 90s. I always will remember him as the guy with the wheels and huge slap shot that hit the glass, the boards behind, anything but on net.

He still missed the net like 50 times.

As one who saw Rolston play for the Devils the first time he was with the organization, we know this is a vast improvement. I think there has to be something about the Devils uniform that makes him unable to hit the side of a barn with the puck.

I know Rolston has become a high octane offensive player since being in Minnesota but his play reminds me of Rolston in the past way back in the late 90s. I always will remember him as the guy with the wheels and huge slap shot that hit the glass, the boards behind, anything but on net.

Hence an old nickname of "Rip 'em Wide Rolston" which was not made by me but rather a fellow poster here(assuming I've got the name correctly, I've been known to mess up nicknames, lol)