If you could have one of these guys back, who would it be?

Devils Pride 26

Rafalski or Gomez?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Rafalski or Gomez?

• Scott Gomez
    • Brian Rafalski

blah -- neither.

Blahblah -- i dont like ANYone out there right now. I dont trust anyone. I'm not scouting but there's just been no one the past few years and that remains the case. I have no dream acquisition mush less a yearning to have old crap back, none that really exists as far as I can see anyhow.

One is a 50 point defensemen while the other is a 60 point forward. In a choice like that you take the defensemen every time.

The answer is Rafalski and it is an obvious one. The forwards for the most part were not the problem this year, the defense is what ultimately cost the Devils. Add in Rafalski and the rest of the defense becomes better slotted. The unit ends up improving immensely. Add in Gomez to the forwards and I don't think they would improve as much. Elias came within 3 points of matching his best season playing with Gomez.

The team misses Rafalski (along with Nieds and Stevens) more.

One is a 50 point defensemen while the other is a 60 point forward. In a choice like that you take the defensemen every time.

The answer is Rafalski and it is an obvious one. The forwards for the most part were not the problem this year, the defense is what ultimately cost the Devils. Add in Rafalski and the rest of the defense becomes better slotted. The unit ends up improving immensely. Add in Gomez to the forwards and I don't think they would improve as much. Elias came within 3 points of matching his best season playing with Gomez.

The team misses Rafalski (along with Nieds and Stevens) more.

i wouldn't have brian rafalski matched up against a top line if i could at all avoid it. i suppose it's true that that frees up paul martin to do that job, which he is capable of doing.