Game 5: New Jersey At Ottawa

Weekes Head

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. This team will not be this bad 2 nights in a row.

the problem isn't necessarily the devils playing badly.

it's that ottawa really hasn't played well yet. now they have some confidence, and spezza adds yet another offensive weapon for them.

ottawa is really the only team that can beat the devils even when the devils play well.

game 6 keys:

-score the first goal.

-marty must be the best he's been.

i will remain faithful in this stat: Devils have never lost a series when leading 3-1. i'm gonna hold onto that tight.

Clement is so f*cking stupid. Reviewing the one that hit the crossbar? Has to be done by the first whistle, which was the bogus penalty.

Didn't he learn that 2 games ago?

I think he was just mocking the goal judges.

I don't think so, he couldn't find a reason why the faceoff was delayed.

My guess... they were checking if it went in off his skate.

i wouldn't say that the devils mailed this one in. they withstood the early pressure. for the most part, they nullified the refs over calling for the sens.

as happens when the devils lose, it's often their own mistakes that cost them. almost every night, they're the better team on the ice. on paper, we all know the sens are better. marty gives us whatever advantage we have.

the 3 wins for the devils have had similar devils successes:

strong marty.

almost no goals due to bad mistakes (i can only think of the stevens bad clear in the last game..but the faceoff shoulda been outside due to the non-call on the offsides).

and obviously, 1st goal is key.

so if they do that on wednesday, there should be no problem

I see everyone's touched on everything I wanted to stay. I will say this, the Senators have gotten two goals this series, by bad plays behind out own net by players who don't usually make such glaring errors. Get it out of your system boys cause you can't afford to do it again.

Smehlik don't try to stuff it under Marty when he's not looking! Sheeeshhhh. :angry::(

I also hope refs got all the bullspit calls out of their systems. One word describes a lot of those calls: Yeeeeeeeeeechhhhhhh! :puke:

i didn't think this was a terrible game by the devils at all. it was tied going into the third period, where a fluky goal won it.

-devils tried to get into the rough stuff too much tonight. i like the big hits from white, but not the instability that usually follows a big hit.

-this was probably the senators best defensive effort of the series. they blocked alot of shots, played a tighter game.

-i loved that first period. great devils period, totally dismantling anything resembling a senator offensive chance.

-devils didn't challenge lalime at all really. only tough save he had to make was the one on elias. most of their shots came from the outside with no screens.

Dont forget the Madden breakaways Lalime stoned. The Sens play combined with the Refs giving them a free period of play helped due in the Devs.

I am not gonna make excuses though, the Devils needed to close the door tonight. I believe Burns and the Captains will get them ready Weds.

Song recommendation to the refs for tonight:

Third Eye Blind - Blinded.

GO DEVILS! ONE MORE WIN, WEDESDAY!

Uhh....I don't think that's a good song choice, NJay.

I mean, title is okay, but the lyrics totally dooooooooo NOT go. Unless you want to take a shower with the refs and uhh...well...yeah.... :blink: