What number will Shanny wear?

BlizzardCyclone

Shanny has said that he doesn't really care about #'s. So, I would think it comes down to Lou's choice. WWLD? hmmmm...

Give Shanny 11 for sentimental reasons? Or does Pelley get it to symbolically mark him as Madden's replacement.

I have a feeling though that he just sticks with 18.

I did not ask him that question. I'm not certain that has even been discussed.

Posted by: TG | August 05, 2009 at 04:54 PM

That was TG's take on the issue when asked the other day.

He also said in another blog post that he wont be calling every player over the smallest question since it will make them more reluctant to give him the numbers in the future.

Shanny has said that he doesn't really care about #'s. So, I would think it comes down to Lou's choice. WWLD? hmmmm...

Give Shanny 11 for sentimental reasons? Or does Pelley get it to symbolically mark him as Madden's replacement.

I have a feeling though that he just sticks with 18.

I don't think Pelley will get 11, last time he was here he wore number 10.

I can see Bergfors with number 18 it would look better on the back of his jersey than 17. I think Shanny may go back to 11, Rolston getting number 14 back, so that leaves numbers 12, 16 and 17 open. We all know 13 is not an option lol. :giggle:

I'd doubt Lou would change it for the sake of changing it, but he has been sentimental lately with bringing back old players so I guess he could change it back to his old number, but unless Shanny specifically asks, it'd really surprise me

I'd doubt Lou would change it for the sake of changing it, but he has been sentimental lately with bringing back old players so I guess he could change it back to his old number, but unless Shanny specifically asks, it'd really surprise me

Rolly won't go back to 14, he only wore it because Guerin I believe had 12 when he came up. 12 is his "natural" number

Since we're talking about players "going back" to numbers and changing numbers. Does anyone think Zubrus will go back to 16?

I don't think so only because he has said he doesn't really care about numbers. He probably won't care either way. He's worn 15 and 9 throughout his career, and those are no-touchy.

• 3 weeks later...