Sen. Ted Kennedy

arena2004

I wish the family well and as far as Ted is concerned good night. He passed away but I feel like the US is mourning a President like his brother John who was shot and killed, Sen. Robert or MLKing. He could not hold a candle next to them and yet 20 hours of tv coverage?

He felt such remorse after Mary Jo he needed to drive the Kennedy Family from Moderate Democrats to the extreme left because of his guilt.

In the end, if you stand on the left I understand your loss but to me Ted was just a murderer. He walked away from a car in a drunken stupor and 10 hours later, his lawyer and dad made sure Mary Jo and her family would suffer.

Good Bye Ted.

God bless Mary Jo.

mjk.jpg

Edited by arena2004

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, if you stand on the left I understand your loss

So why did you start the bloody thread, then? Seems like you just wanted to piss on the dead. And don't you dare claim that the Mary Jo incident makes it okay for you to dance on his grave.

He was a highly influential, long-serving senator from one of the most celebrated families in our nation's history. Furthermore, he's one of the last truly public figures from said family. I can understand the extensive coverage. If you don't want to watch it, change the channel. If you're upset because Fox News has put aside their regularly-scheduled propaganda broadcasts for the day, go do something else.

So why did you start the bloody thread, then? Seems like you just wanted to piss on the dead. And don't you dare claim that the Mary Jo incident makes it okay for you to dance on his grave.

He was a highly influential, long-serving senator from one of the most celebrated families in our nation's history. Furthermore, he's one of the last truly public figures from said family. I can understand the extensive coverage. If you don't want to watch it, change the channel. If you're upset because Fox News has put aside their regularly-scheduled propaganda broadcasts for the day, go do something else.

I can't believe it took THIS LONG for Dillwad McGee to get his gravedancing jig on.

. If you're upset because Fox News has put aside their regularly-scheduled propaganda broadcasts for the day, go do something else.

Ha, i put on fox and that blonde lady who fills in for Bill-O starts talking about Kennedy and how he was no Reagan... That was the point of about 15 minutes of the show. Great stuff.

Had any of us killed that young woman we would have gone to jail; instead we are supposed to feel sorry for Teddy because it derailed his Presidential hopes. While it doesn't diminish the good he did as Senator, the good he did as Senator doesn't diminish his acts of that night.

The Carl Cannon piece is very good. The one by Mark Steyn is just right-wing spew. I read the first few graphs and rolled my eyes and continued on. It never got better.

If you're a liberal, then you believe Ted Kennedy did good in his life. If you're not, then you don't.

I do have a problem with the idea that Ted Kennedy achieved some sort of redemption in his work as a legislator. Why people even go there ... I don't know. People love keeping score, I guess.

Had any of us killed that young woman we would have gone to jail; instead we are supposed to feel sorry for Teddy because it derailed his Presidential hopes. While it doesn't diminish the good he did as Senator, the good he did as Senator doesn't diminish his acts of that night.

I doubt anyone would have served jail time under similar circumstances, but if they did it wouldn't be very long. Most of the evidence of wrongdoing was very light, and after major trauma people can act weird. An average person might have been charged with involuntary manslaughter for reckless driving but I don't think it would stick, accidents do happen. His bigger crime was not reporting it, which I don't think would net you jail time because you could just play off the trauma aspect.

That said I'm sure having the Kennedy namesake helped him here a lot, but no one is saying that his years of service absolves him of his sins to begin with. He made a terrible mistake, and then spent the rest of his life serving the country and when he dies what conservatives want to fixate on something that happened 40 years ago.

Generally speaking I don't ever see why people find it necessary to try and overshadow someones deaths. But as long as Loulams and Leeds are consistent and post links about how McCain cheated on his wife who was bound to a wheel chair when he eventually passes on, then fine.

Edited by squishyx

You're not, but I have read that sentiment more than once.

I haven't, it wasn't until Leeds linked that article and SC reinforced it that I even heard about that angle. The man died and people want to pay their respects and remember him for the good he has done. Skipping over the Mary Jo incident isn't saying he redeemed himself for it, it's just standard procedure not to spit on the dead. The vengefulness of some here is sickening, look who created this thread looking to stir the pot.

I doubt anyone would have served jail time under similar circumstances, but if they did it wouldn't be very long. Most of the evidence of wrongdoing was very light, and after major trauma people can act weird. An average person might have been charged with involuntary manslaughter for reckless driving but I don't think it would stick, accidents do happen. His bigger crime was not reporting it, which I don't think would net you jail time because you could just play off the trauma aspect.

That said I'm sure having the Kennedy namesake helped him here a lot, but no one is saying that his years of service absolves him of his sins to begin with. He made a terrible mistake, and then spent the rest of his life serving the country and when he dies what conservatives want to fixate on something that happened 40 years ago.

Generally speaking I don't ever see why people find it necessary to try and overshadow someones deaths. But as long as Loulams and Leeds are consistent and post links about how McCain cheated on his wife who was bound to a wheel chair when he eventually passes on, then fine.

Maybe if you read the links it will help... although I'm sure your opinion of Mass law supercedes the author.

The one-car mishap was Teddy Kennedy's fault, of course, no one disputes that. And his actions that followed

I can't find the link now, but Melissa Lafsky wrote an article saying that even maybe Mary Jo would think it worth her dying because Teddy became such a "great" Senator.

Disgusting.

I read that, too. Some people don't think about what they're writing ... or maybe they do (scary stuff).

Squish thinks it's okay to question me for not bringing up negative things about the right, but I've never heard him complain that our resident loons on the left don't bring up article critical of the nuts on their side.

I can't find the link now, but Melissa Lafsky wrote an article saying that even maybe Mary Jo would think it worth her dying because Teddy became such a "great" Senator.

Disgusting.

And, of course, in Jimmy's world, if one liberal says it, that automatically means all liberals believe it. :rolleyes:

Squish thinks it's okay to question me for not bringing up negative things about the right, but I've never heard him complain that our resident loons on the left don't bring up article critical of the nuts on their side.

I think its fine to be critical of anyone, but the man's dead in this case. You are just trampling on his grave, how Christian of you. I guess morals are funny that way.

Show me a "resident loon" who posted a thread or posting links defaming a deceased conservative after their death and I will gladly call them out for it, basically put up or shut up.

It doesn't make what he did right but I don't think an average person would go to jail for it.

Disagree. I think an average person would go to jail for it, but I doubt it would be for a significant amount of time.

Which liberals condemned it?

That argument didn't work when you tried to apply it to the Muslim world, and it's not going to work here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.