GDT: Philadelphia @ DEVILS 10/3/09 - 7pm

overtime98

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously can't believe we're not even one full game into the season and we are already reading some of this garbage on the board. But its always the same bitter pricks all the time so it shouldn't be a surprise. No insight offered on the game, just the usual cock stroking of whoever the personal whipping boy may be.

As for the game that second period was rough obviously. Emery was really strong and Brodeur has been having a leaky night, although as amazing as it sounds goalies do allow bad goals sometimes. Its not only the ones who play in New Jersey but whatever. Sh*t just fell apart after the 2nd goal. Lemaire was talking about how the team has a habit of opening up sort of like a flower and that was pretty much what was going on once they went down 2 zip. Positioning went to sh*t.

Whatever the case its game 1 of 82. Had they done a better job on the 5 on 3's the game may look a little different now. There have been some good things tonight, just not enough. it may be like this for a bit especially until Elias get back. But who cares let the negativity resume.

At the game and this really looks like first game jitters. They are just not on the same page. If they can put together a compotent 3rd peroid, ill be happy with it.

As of right now, this team is barely .500 capable. If they can hit that until Elias comes back, ill be happy with that

But we had 2 5 on 3 power plays, there's just no excuse for this, the Devils sh!t the bed tonight, maybe that's what killed their mentality? it seemed everything went downhill after that happened.

I agree that the power play tonight is unacceptable. I don't want to come across like I'm giving them a free pass, just trying to look on the bright side of what has been a very bad night.

I would say they're one-man team. Besides Parise, I don't think anyone else strikes any fear to the opposing team.

Parise's been a HUGE disappointment tonight, but he isn't alone! I say strip the "A" off him.

Rolston, Niedermayer, Bergfors, and White are the only solid players tonight on a consistent basis. What is happening...

Bergfors has created some good chances tonight and it pays off in Rolston's goal. Hopefully this is the start to a very productive year for Rolston, the Devils are going to need him to rebound from last year.

He's done pretty well tonight. I liked Niedermayer's game tonight as well. If things bounce right Rolston has 2 tonight.