GDT: Devils vs capitals

Prucenterrules

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parise is snake bit. He had 4 chances to win that game in overtime. He missed 2 open nets, hit one post and missed another shot complete. He will be OK but right now he is struggling to put the puck in the net.

Brodeur vs. Ovechkin great way to end that game! WOOOOO Devils.

Peters still sucks.

i liked plenty of what i saw - really i did.

that being said:

the 4th line is a net negative - when they are on the ice, only bad things happen. that being said, i cannot imagine any of them being on the roster by game 65, let alone being in a position to cause issues.

when does a playoff team play pelley and pikarienin on the PP?

parise will struggle to score 30 this year i think - that's not a knock on him. everything went perfect last year for him - i fear the law of averages catches up with him this year - that sequence in the OT was evidence - last year - he scores 4 times on that play!

we might be manifesting lots of new line combos shortly - i think PZL may be split if they don't produce this weekend.

that being said, if they do remain, i want to parrot what jasonmcissac suggested - dealing halischuk+ to get a 2nd line center.

this is what i'd like the devils to be:

parise - zajac - langenbrunner

elias - XXX - rolston

bergfors - zubrus - clarkson

pandolfo - neidermayer - leblond

In my opinion we have won only one game this year kissed out sister twice and lost twice. We gotta get on the winning side more and that means when hockey is being played...not skill competitions.

First: blow out vs a very good team

Second: 1 goal game vs a very good team

Third: barely won vs a poor team

Fourth: won vs a poor team

Fifth: came from behind to win vs a very good team (on a slump)

to me it just looks like we're moving in the right direction, we just need to be on the winning side of a blow out next. And what better way than to have our next game be against Atlanta!!!!

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

What I took from this game:

1.) Devils are a lot scrappier than I thought they were, as they were able to pull out the game despite repeated mistakes (i.e. penalties)

2.) Rolston is going to have a very productive year if he keeps unloading that shot of his on goal consistently.

3.) Apparently Pandolfo thinks he has some kind of offensive skill with all the shots he attempted.

4.) Andrew Peters and Ilkka Pikkarainnen are not that good.

5.) Lemaire obviously has no clue going from game to game who is going to start the next one between Peters, Leblond, Halischuk, and Pikkarainen, and is simply trying to ride the hot hand between those.

Edited by nyrsuck26

Oh give me a break, we're 3-2. We're 5 games into the year, and we have 3 wins. We'll "get on the winning side more" when we get adapted to a new system. Our only losses are against the Flyers and the Rangers, two quality teams.

Hey, you leave him alone. Maybe he likes kissing his sister and/or she's pretty hot. Big jerk

Why would Dallas trade their best forward they just re-signed last year? I'm thinking we should go after Jason Arnott... though the same question can be posed there, why would Nashville trade their best forward and captain.

because the stars on the decline and need to rebuild.

Ribeiro is the one with the really stupid contract, right? Not that we are going to trade with the stars but i'd want modano before Ribeiro

Mikey Mod is done, he might still be playing (injured right now) don't be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

you do realize san jose and the ducks are in the same division right

Sharks I'll give you, good team, but Ducks-Pronger=struggle to make playoffs.

Wowie are we shaping up to be ridiculously awesome. The way players are improving and new guys are stepping up, I mean DAMN what a beautiful preview for the future. All of this lovely success without Elias or Parise on his game.

SO, it seems to be that the Devils would be a lot more awesome if they worked on not having that period. You know, the one that they seem to break down in/play like crap in and the period where they let the opposition get on the board. When they suck right now, they suck. If they get it so their sucking is only slightly not awesome...they'd be key. It's doable, baby. We did it last year for quite a stretch of time.

I'm so excited for this season and for everything to come together.

Great game! But no more shootouts for the next two months.

Oh give me a break, we're 3-2. We're 5 games into the year, and we have 3 wins. We'll "get on the winning side more" when we get adapted to a new system. Our only losses are against the Flyers and the Rangers, two quality teams.

Shootout win isn't a win. It's a Tie, that ends with a skills competition. Sure it's nice to get that extra point, but it's not a "win".

that being said, if they do remain, i want to parrot what jasonmcissac suggested - dealing halischuk+ to get a 2nd line center.

that player just isn't available. centers are in short supply and no one's trading them. 26 is talking about doug weight and craig conroy - these are precisely the sort of well-past-their-prime options that we abandoned when we sent brendan shanahan packing. robert lang will come available at the deadline and we'll see what he's got, but he's in the same boat as those guys.

re: parise - thing is, his shooting percentage isn't really out of line last season. i don't think he scores 40 again either but i think it's rather premature to go around saying that.

5.) Lemaire obviously has no clue going from game to game who is going to start the next one between Peters, Leblond, Halischuk, and Pikkarainen, and is simply trying to ride the hot hand between those.

no clue is not fair. unlike some coaches who are addled with superstition and think that a win means you should start the same lineup every time, lemaire is experimenting. do i like seeing pelley or pikkarainen out on the power play? not particularly. lemaire doesn't exactly know what he has with these players and he's putting them in situations where they will sink or swim.

Edited by Triumph

Boo :angry:

Sorry dont' want to rain on the parade but it's the truth. We tied a game and won a skills competition. It's good for the points but not good as an early trend. We won one game against a lame team. It's too early to panic def, but I'm def not happy with what we've seen so far. At least Brodeur looks to be back on track now the rest of the team has to get their game straight.