GDT: Thrashers @ Devils - 7:00PM

nick17112

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Brodeur can only do so much.... how can nobody fvcking clear the puck away?

That was disgusting. That piece of sh!t effort drew my first remote-slam of the season.

Disgusting. Just disgusting.

That it Jacques, throw Pikkarainen and Pelley out there on the PP. Why not, right? The worst special teams team in the league with two minor leaguers out there.

Yeah, I'm all for experimenting but c'mon- I think it's clear neither one of those morons belongs on the PP.C'MON JACQUES!!

That was disgusting. That piece of sh!t effort drew my first remote-slam of the season.

Look at it this way, they'll have plenty of energy for tommorow since they only showed up for a period. Good thing i'll have a rested voice, too.

Yeah, I'm all for experimenting but c'mon- I think it's clear neither one of those morons belongs on the PP.C'MON JACQUES!!

To go a step further, they don't belong in the NHL. Pikkarainen is just downright awful, Peters is the biggest waste since Darren Langdon and Pelley might be a servicable 4th liner if he didn't play with such stiffs.

Here we go. We are now the worst team in the league again. Rebuilding time.

Yeah this was a frustrating loss but that's how it goes I guess. They just weren't sharp tonight. Even though the Devils carried the majority of play in the first I think that had more to do with just how poorly Atlanta started this game. Oh well, at least they can get right back at it tomorrow.

I'm not really seeing what Murphy brings to this team. He looked pretty bad on the 2nd Atlanta goal and so far the team has looked much more cohesive with Greene in the lineup. Its only three games though so things can still change.

I can live with some sluggish play once in a while. Its not easy to be at your 100% best all the time but one thing that really frustrates me is the over passing on the powerplay. Sometimes gaining the zone can be difficult but its really frustrating to watch the team constantly pass on shots after gaining the zone quickly. What is the point if you are just going to pass the puck along the boards for 2 minutes?

Edited by SickMan

Look at it this way, they'll have plenty of energy for tommorow since they only showed up for a period. Good thing i'll have a rested voice, too.

To go a step further, they don't belong in the NHL. Pikkarainen is just downright awful, Peters is the biggest waste since Darren Langdon and Pelley might be a servicable 4th liner if he didn't play with such stiffs.

Yeah, I can't disagree with any of that... I'm certainly not jumping off any cliffs or anything, but this is right on. I've seen enough already of Pikkarainen and Peters- they're useless. I'd rather just have PL3 and Halischuk in there every night.

Yeah this was a frustrating loss but that's how it goes I guess. They just weren't sharp tonight. Even though the Devils carried the majority of play in the first I think that had more to do with just how poorly Atlanta started this game. Oh well, at least they can get right back at it tomorrow.

I'm not really seeing what Murphy brings to this team. He looked pretty bad on the 2nd Atlanta goal and so far the team has looked much more cohesive with Greene in the lineup. Its only three games though so things can still change.

I can live with some sluggish play once in a while. Its not easy to be at your 100% best all the time but one thing that really frustrates me is the over passing on the powerplay. Sometimes gaining the zone can be difficult but its really frustrating to watch the team constantly pass on shots after gaining the zone quickly. What is the point if you are just going to pass the puck along the boards for 2 minutes?

Yeah, they just try to make the perfect play too much... drives me nuts too.

Edited by MadDog2020

Yeah this was a frustrating loss but that's how it goes I guess. They just weren't sharp tonight. Even though the Devils carried the majority of play on the first I think that had more to do with just how poorly Atlanta started this game. Oh well, at least they can get right back at it tomorrow.

So how long will people keep making wishy-washy excuses for this team? They are as easily 1-5 or 0-6 as they are 3-3. They are in danger of dropping the next 3 if the act doesn't straighten out quick.

They have an absolutely horrible PK and the PP isn't much better. That isn't imaginary.

They continue to make fundamentally bad descions on the ice. Bad passing, too many times where they do not attack and instead sit back. Then when they do pass it's for the pretty play or a shift of passing down low. When is someone just going to shoot the fvcking puck? Gain the zone, one to two passes, one shot and go to the net.

Two penalties for too many men on the ice in the first 6 games. That shouldn't happen over 82 games. Tonight, it cost them.

A 4th line with two ECHL players and a player with career AHL written all over him from the looks of it. If Lou still had the confidence Pelley was going to replace Madden as he proclaimed to the world, he wouldn't have signed Rob Neids. Just like Pierre Dagenais was going to replace Mogilny....

They play good periods where they look like they've got it together and then come out and look like a totally different team the next period. They did this with Sutter too. That's in the room, on the players, not on coaching.

Edited by SJP20

Jacques is really pissed... you can just tell. Good.

So how long will people keep making wishy-washy excuses for this team? They are as easily 1-5 or 0-6 as they are 3-3. They are in danger of dropping the next 3 if the act doesn't straighten out quick.

They have an absolutely horrible PK and the PP isn't much better. That isn't imaginary.

They continue to make fundamentally bad descions on the ice. Bad passing, too many times where they do not attack and instead sit back.

Two penalties for too many men on the ice in the first 6 games. That shouldn't happen over 82 games. Tonight, it cost them.

A 4th line with two ECHL players and a player with career AHL written all over him from the looks of it. If Lou still had the confidence Pelley was going to replace Madden as he proclaimed to the world, he wouldn't have signed Rob Neids. Just like Pierre Dagenais was going to replace Mogilny....

They play good periods where they play good skating, attacking with good board work and then come out and look like a totally different team the next period. They did this with Sutter too. That's in the room, on the players, not on coaching.

This is something I'm uber fvcking tired of... this team hardly ever plays a full 60 minute game.

Edited by MadDog2020

that happens with every goddamn team in the nhl. do you guys not watch other games? playing a '60 minute game' is near impossible. it's a moronic idea, i don't know where it comes from, but the '60 minute game' is a myth.

It's a tongue-in-cheek figure of speech, like giving "110%".

Figure of speech or not, it's still no excuse to play Jeckyl and Hyde after a 15 min intermission and have fundamental hockey be damned.

They continue to make fundamentally bad descions on the ice. Bad passing, too many times where they do not attack and instead sit back.

They play good periods where they play good skating, attacking with good board work and then come out and look like a totally different team the next period. They did this with Sutter too. That's in the room, on the players, not on coaching.

What is so wishy washy about what I said? Has the team made mistakes? Without question. The too many men penalties come to mind. Sometimes they make bad decisions. But guess what? Every team does.

My point is that I think perfection is expected every time this team steps foot on the ice and its unreasonable to expect imo. Its not going to happen. Not with the best team in the world would it happen let alone this roster.

New coach, new system and basically the most skilled player on the team is on the shelf. Maybe it sounds like an excuse but this all plays a role. It will take some time. if they are still making stupid plays and not playing to their potential come December then I'll be completely on board with you.

Hey, like I said its a frustrating loss but they are not going to play great every game. There are still 76 games to go. you think this is bad. You're in for a sh*t load more of mistakes. It would have been great to win both ends of this back to back but if we have to settle for one I rather they sh*t the bed tonight, which of course they did.

I need a drink.

It's a tongue-in-cheek figure of speech, like giving "110%".

Figure of speech or not, it's still no excuse to play Jeckyl and Hyde after a 15 min intermission and have fundamental hockey be damned.

there's another team playing. the devils won all the battles in part because the thrashers played absolutely terrible in the first period. the devils didn't play a great first period - the thrashers just came out incredibly flat.

teams are very, very close to each other in skill level. unless another team is throwing in the towel or has a lot of injuries, you can't play that '60 minute game' against them. this is masking the general point that the devils have to play better, and i can't agree more. they did not play well beyond the first period.

I need a drink.

very true

also clarkson had a terrrrrible game tonight. just awful. send him back to the 4th line.

Bad, bad, bad special teams tonight costed the Devils this game and the two points early in this season. PP is just flat out terrible and the PK is just as bad giving up 2-PPG and that SHG that iced the game for the Devils. Parise finally gets his 2nd of the season , which was pretty much an ENG there. Zajac on fire still and some of these players need to get on his page when it comes to scoring. Not going to win many games this season scoring only 2-goals and special teams as bad as it was tonight with that defense hanging Brodeur out to dry. Lemaire made a big mistake taking Greene out of the line up and putting Murphy in as he was caught on two of the goals tonight especially the 2 on 1 goal. Brodeur to get a brief rest tomorrow night and hopefully we all will see Yann Danis in goal vs. the Canes.

The crowd was dead tonight and there were not all that many in attendance tonight (14,187 which looked a lot less than that) which is suprising for a Friday night and Devils calendar give away night.

that was a big step back. coverage was optional today, I guess. the SH goal was one of the more pathetic displays I've seen from a Devils team. it was like it was an everyone on Marty drill and he had to cover the puck to get a stop.

Murphy got caught in no-man's land, dumb too many penalty (now 3 in 5 games), yeech. and when your goalie tries to take away the bottom of the net from someone in front, it's kinda imperative to cover his passing option.

Atlanta has far more skill.

The Devils PP didnt produce like we all wouldve liked but no one understand how a power play operates. The thrashers 4th goal was from a mistake of the PP. we shot the puck and missed the net. no one covered the point or the front for the rebound. thrashers go down and score. its about POSITIONING! not shooting every chance you get.I know hockey and the strategy behind it. lots of fans do not understand it.

Murphy SUCKS.

Pikkaranian Sucks!

Peters sucks!

The Devils PP didnt produce like we all wouldve liked but no one understand how a power play operates. The thrashers 4th goal was from a mistake of the PP. we shot the puck and missed the net. no one covered the point or the front for the rebound. thrashers go down and score. its about POSITIONING! not shooting every chance you get.I know hockey and the strategy behind it. lots of fans do not understand it.

Murphy SUCKS.

Pikkaranian Sucks!

Peters sucks!

yeah, that 4th goal is a really difficult hockey concept to grasp. point takes shot from bad angle in medium deep, misses wide to the far side, gives up 2 on 1.

that's something that most people just don't understand.

that happens with every goddamn team in the nhl. do you guys not watch other games? playing a '60 minute game' is near impossible. it's a moronic idea, i don't know where it comes from, but the '60 minute game' is a myth.

Its a figure of fvcking speech- I don't think it's a lot to ask for them to give a consistent effort once in a while where they look like the same team for 3 periods. As opposed to the periods where they watch the other team skate around and take retard bantam-level penalties like too many men on the fvcking ice 3 times in 6 games. Don't tell me I'm wrong, 'cus I'm not.

Rough game. Thankfully we play carolina tomorrow and the players from last season should be hungry for revenge ESPECIALLY MARTY.

I want us to take some fvcking liberties tomorrow. I'm still irate about that series... I want an entire ward at Hackensack University cordoned off for Carolina Hurricanes players. They say do that sh!t in October and not April- well, it's October.