Ordinary Goalie

puck

...Gigeure will continue to be a top 10 goalie in this league.

I'll wait more than one solid year to judge that... perhaps JS will "pull a Theodore," as a good friend of mine put it. Not saying Theodore isn't still a great goalie, but he, like Jim Carrey (no, not THAT one, the one from Washington) and others before him have proven that one year does not a top 10 goalie make. Nor does one playoff, in my opinion.

Still here, ^7^?

If pads were the real issue, why wouldn't all goalies bulk up like Gigeure and Garth Snow and Peter Skudra?

Because it doesn't matter, and Gigeure will continue to be a top 10 goalie in this league.

I check in periodically, if the NHL is entertaining next year I might renew my interest in hockey.

All goalies have bulked up tremendously(except Marty), nowadays the lines are blurred between an average goalie and a great goalie.

I've found a knock on him already and it's only going to get worse next year.. THIS GUY DOES NOT HANDLE ADVERSITY.. when was the last time you saw an NHL goalie get taken off his game by THE CROWD like he's had happen to him in Jersey this series ?? Just wait till next year when all the PISSED off Western teams play them and come after them balls to the wall... you don't think Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota and the other CA teams have some issues with these guys ??? It's possible he bounces back and learns to grow up and play with the men but until he does it's fold like an accordion next year :D

I don't recally Giguere having this sort of ego when he was stuck in the AHL and Calgary of all teams let him go :P . It's like he had 3 great playoff series and suddenly all this adoration from the media went to his (and the Sux team's) head. Enough already!!!

I am not ready to write him off like others are. Hell, my old team the Whale originally drafted him in the 1st round and he appears to have talent. Having said that, I do think some of his pads ARE too big and I want to see him replicate this year's performance several times before I'm ready to deem him 'elite'.

I despise the media. Article from The Sporting News:

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/paul_gr...t/20030605.html

The part that particularly bugs me:

The few players worth watching are in the West: Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Joe Sakic, Sergei Fedorov, Todd Bertuzzi, Marian Gaborik, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, et al. If you subscribe to NHL Center Ice and you live in the East, start staying up late.

WHY is Giguere on that list? Has this series not yet shown people that he is giant pile of goalie equipment that can barely move in net?

Once again, it is clear that the media picked their storylines before the finals, and instead of watching, they just spout the same drivel. If NJ wins tonight and Giguere gets the Conn Smythe, and nobody in the media contests this, I swear heads are going to roll. I don't know where, but they are ...

If Giguere posts two incredible games, then even if the Ducks lose I can accept him winning the Conn Smythe. But not now; he still has something left to prove.