Throwback jerseys are out!

QuadeConnolly

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some facts to consider:

-Please note the CCM logo colours and how they have changed over time. 87-88's the CCM logo on the back was white with green letters, other 80's were red, red, blue, (meaning the two "C's" were outlined in red and the "M" was blue) and early 90's were red, red, green.

The was also the addition of the NHL shield on the hem.

-The Captain and Alternate Captains letters were different from year to year and some were as simple as a plain white "A" or "C" while others had two and possible three colours incorporated with the letering style.

The size of the letters also were different over the years. The plain white letters were preseason.

-Although I cannot remember the specific year, ONE year they hemmed up the bottom stripe fo the gamers.

If anyone needs this info PM me.

-Lastly, Mr. Lamoriello has always expressed great displeasure the red & green gamers because they represent the past and there were a LOT of unsuccessful seasons. Probably the best red & green season was the 1987-88 season which not only saw the Devils make the playoffs for the first time, but march all the way to eastern conference semi-finals.

While we can all draw our own conclusions and assumptions, i've never seen this as written-in stone fact as much as it is perception based on observation (see 87-88 Patrick Division banner in black/red).

While the red/green do not represent the highest years of the organization, the switch to red/black was a marketing and image change. Some fans can look at it as trying to distance themselves from red/green years, but everyone can look at it anyway they want.

I am sure the thought of "Let's move away from losing and association" crossed Lou's mind, but i have yet to see a direct quote from LL of "great displeasure". If anyone can share such, please do.

Also, in 1987-88, the Devils made it to the Wales Conference Finals, not Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.

A certain hockey convention was to take place at the arena but the condition per Mr. Lamoriello was absolutely postively not one red & green jersey. The event ended up not happening there.

You are making a thinly veiled reference to MeiGray without actually going there.

Where ever you got this information was not from Barry Meisel, therefore not FACT.

Edited by SJP20

What site if you don't mind me asking?

SportsK.com. They specialize in Red Wings stuff, but have lots of jerseys. They keep their stock on the page so you can see what they have left. I have gotten 3 replicas from them and never had a problem. They also carry 3x and 4x, which is nice for us fans of cake and cheeseburgers.

You are making a thinly veiled reference to MeiGray without actually going there.

Where ever you got this information was not from Barry Meisel, therefore not FACT.

Actually, Barry Meisel told me himself in person on one of my visits.

I thought you had a heart attack, or was it trouble breathing and rushed to the hospital, or was it just bruising to your back and side. Honestly, I can't remember what your wife said in her voice mails and emails to me (I should go back and look for those facts so I know). Glad that whatever it was you are back on your feet and doing what you do best!

Actually, Barry Meisel told me himself in person on one of my visits.

If that was the case, you would have no problem putting MeiGray's (Barry's) name to your post instead of carefully choosing your words behind a veil. After all, facts are facts, right?

Just like MeiGray buying the Spectrum?

I thought you had a heart attack, or was it trouble breathing and rushed to the hospital, or was it just bruising to your back and side. Honestly, I can't remember what your wife said in her voice mails and emails to me (I should go back and look for those facts so I know). Glad that whatever it was you are back on your feet and doing what you do best!

Of course you can't, you "washed" your phone that day, remember?

Head on back to your super secret discussion board for your daily pat on the back.

Is there a way to contact the Manhattan Store for an out of state order?

Man it's hard to be a Devils from from a few states away!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26423 , That link provides a contact email and phone number. I'm not too sure how they handle outside orders, but It really shouldn't be a problem. It would be nice to represent the Red and Green out of the area!