Daneyko Plans For Retirement

Rock

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's still not enough claps for all Dano did for this organization. When they retire his jersey, the entire team should wear the green x-mas jerseys and each jersey should have a patch with number 3 on it.

I AGREE. Break out the "retro" jerseys.

:o Oh man. I think this is my first "something I remember in my lifetime is now retro" experience. Hold me. Please.

#3 in your program.........#1 in our hearts.

Noone has ever given as much to this team or it's fans.

Thank you Dan-o, you will be missed but I'm sure we'll see you around the team.

Ands I have no doubt who the first(and possible last) Jersey to be retired will be.

Kenny was the ideal Devil throughout his entire carreer.

He rarely complained, and he got the job done.

I will truly miss seeing him out there on the ice. There is nobody in the game classier than Kenny Daneyko. Having the pleasure of meeting him several times in person, I can say there are few like him in this game today.

Congratulations on a long and productive carreer. 3 Stanley Cups, and going out on a high note.

As sad as it is to see him go, it was his time. And no better time to go out, then to go out on top by winning your 3rd Stanley Cup.

Through the years, he battled and beat his own demons, both publically, and privately. Kudos to him for winning those battles.

I plan to be there whenever #3 is raised to the rafters for all to see.

Thank you Ken. It's been a pleasure watching you for 18 if the 19 years I've been watching the game of hockey.

Well said ZFan. Kenny Daneyko is class all the way. The epitome of a hockey player, who played the game the way it was supposed to be played. With maximum effort. The fact he stayed with one team for his entire career as long as he did speaks volumes about Kenny's dedication and his loyalty/character. As an opposing fan with respect for Dano, I looked at him as a warrior who fought the battles every night for his team. Some of them on the ice and the all important ones, off the ice that he overcame. I had the privilege to meet Dano one night while interning at Comcast for Sportstalk. Dano was a cool guy and even signed a card.

He should be successful in his future endeavors. He has a voice for radio and he'll do well. He went out a champion and did it with class. That counts for a lot.

I wish Kenny the best of luck in his future endeavors. He had a great career. His hard work made him the player he is. He always made the organization and his family proud. He is one of those guys that truly love playing the sport. He was a good leader to his teammates and he gave it his all every night.

He and Scott Stevens will always be the face of the Devils.