Odds To Win Stanley Cup

Renegade LGA

Here are my predictions I posted at Hockeypot.com

East - I have to go with my Fav. THE DEVILS but that is a loyalty thing. I think it is going to be a great year for Ottawa.

West - Detroit, well as much as I want to see them go far, I still think they have some work to do. I think that Colorado has a great chance with Selanne & Kariya, but the Ducks picked up a decent player (Feds) who will boost the organization this year. BUT!!! I think Vancouver or the WILD are going to come far this season, very far...

My final four pix:

EAST - canada.gifOttawa & usa.gifNJ

WEST - canada.gifVancouver & usa.gifWILD

There are probably as many examples in sports of one-year wonders winning it all as there are of the team that got close but did not win it all the prior year, but I really like the lesson Ottawa learned.

Like we did in '94, the Sens will learn from the sting of being so close that may be enough to put them over the top this year.

Avs are too much of a perfect Hollywood script - so I won't be pulling for them.

Dallas / Minny will come out of the West.

If Ottawa got to 10-1 I'd throw a hundred bucks or so at them.

How does Pitt get 70-1 ? I think you need to add a zero to some of these teams. Even then, I'm not sure sure Id take that chance. Must be that the betting on hockey is light so the odds are out of wack.

I'm off to Vegas in two weeks... will put some money on my Devils, Bucs and Nets (yeah, I had a hell of a year with my teams.... except the Expos!)... anyone want me to put in for them?

Hey, I root for the Expos too!

But baseball bores the hell out of me.

I just read through the thread, and the only thing that sounded cocky to me was this one: "They've got in wrong in one respect.. it's a 100% certainty that the cup will be ours!"

Otherwise, I didn't really see anything wrong...but hey, when you have the best odds, it quickly will go to their heads.

Ehh, doesn't mean much anyways. :D We didn't have the best odds to win the Cup this year, but look at us! Devils still came home with the glory!