Report: Devils Down to Final Two in Coaching Search.

SatansDevils

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnhl.fanhouse.com%2F2010%2F06%2F07%2Freport-devils-down-to-final-two-in-coaching-search%2F&h=9f185

Report: Devils Down to Final Two in Coaching Search.

The paper's report says former NHL coaches Mike Keenan and Craig MacTavish -- both of whom worked in television during the 2009-2010 season -- are out of the running, and that AHL coach and former Devil John MacLean and former Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien are the finalists.

The Newark Star-Ledger reported Monday morning that Lamoriello hasn't offered the job to either reported finalist, or anyone else.

Share Speculation is that Lamoriello wants to talk to Chicago assistant Mike Haviland once the Finals are over. The Ledger identifies Montreal assistant Kirk Muller and former NHL head coach Ken Hitchcock as other possible candidates.

The NHL isn't as openly stringent as Major League Baseball when it comes to the timing of announcements, but Lamoriello is still expected to wait until the Stanley Cup Finals are over before he makes his choice public. This is especially true if he intends to speak to Haviland about the vacancy.

Lou, do what you have to to get Mike Haviland as the next Devils coach! Bring the New Jersey native back home. I still want Haviland as our next coach.

While reading the first line, I thought it was gonna say Keenan and MacTavish are the two candidates and I was like "WTF?!". :blink: Still nothing new, though.

No idea why people are going so crazy over Haviland. I know he did well in the AHL and his name has been mentioned in a lot of rumours this and the previous year. But other than that, what do you really know about him that makes you so confident he is great and he's a better choice than guys with actual NHL experience?

lou has to find "our" Joe Sacco or our Dave Tippet. It may come in the form of a retread. My only fear with J.Mac is will Lou really give him the autonomy. let this be his team?? My fear JM might be a puppet.

While reading the first line, I thought it was gonna say Keenan and MacTavish are the two candidates and I was like "WTF?!". :blink: Still nothing new, though.

No idea why people are going so crazy over Haviland. I know he did well in the AHL and his name has been mentioned in a lot of rumours this and the previous year. But other than that, what do you really know about him that makes you so confident he is great and he's a better choice than guys with actual NHL experience?

Well I must admit i am a bit biased, having sat behind the Trenton bench when Haviland was an assistant coach and then when he came back and we won the Kelly cup in 05, but the man is a very good coach at all levels. I think he would be perfect with the Devils, he builds his teams from the net out.

And besides that there is this:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/12/n...mike-haviland/

Because unlike Therrien, Haviland coaches 21st century hockey; IE, he believes in an agressive 2-man forecheck and pressuring the puck. Which just happens to work to the strenghts of this current roster, along with being the way you win in the NHL post-lockout. It doesn't hurt that the guy has won at every level he's coached at.

Edited by MadDog2020

Haviland or Muller! Muller actually wants the Devils job, he's an Ex-Devil, he's Mac's best friend, he practically ran the Habs in the play-offs and he's been coaching the PP of MTL since becoming an assistant. If you want to keep Johnny Mac in the organization at all, giving the job to his best friend maybe the only way! Haviland is a native and coaches the style we want/need!

Lou says it about what's right for the team, then THERRIEN, HITCHCOCK, CARBO, MACLEAN, UNCLE JOE, THE GUY WITH THE HOT-DOG STAND and all the other wanna Be's have no chance.

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE,DEATH TO LEAF NATION :horse:

Well I must admit i am a bit biased, having sat behind the Trenton bench when Haviland was an assistant coach and then when he came back and we won the Kelly cup in 05, but the man is a very good coach at all levels. I think he would be perfect with the Devils, he builds his teams from the net out.

And besides that there is this:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/12/n...mike-haviland/

He also coached AC to a Kelly Cup in 2003, when the franchise was pretty much in the middle of packing up to leave town. Shows an ability to get the team to focus.

He also coached AC to a Kelly Cup in 2003, when the franchise was pretty much in the middle of packing up to leave town. Shows an ability to get the team to focus.

Yeah...but I try to ignore AC because of all those fans clicking their dog bones and stuff. Did love it a lot though when Dent squirted the water bottle on mighty mite Thomas after beating AC during one of the playoff games in 05.Ahhh....memories.