Center Ice..

DevilMinder

I don't suppose you'd want to ante up for DirecTV would ya? If they have a special going on (like when I purchased it for only $15 up-front cost - free equipment & install) you should jump on it. Then you'd have no trouble getting Center Ice. It is sooooo worth it!

You won't see any local NJ games on Center Ice, except for exclusive national ESP/ABC games. You always get the local guys for the Devils, even away games. So it won't help with the games that are shown on that cable station a lot of you don't get (don't remember the name). Sometimes alternate channels pop up for certain games, but I don't know if that would apply to that cable situation.

Yes. I believe Comcast carries it, although I've heard stories (in Texas) that when people call up to ask about it, half the time the person on the phone has no clue what they're talking about. So you might have to be persisent.

That's extortion! You have to PAY over and above cable even to see Devils games on cablevision. I can't pay $85 a month when all I'll be paying for are some Devils hockey games - I wont USE cable TV. All I watch is on ... -_- channel 13 - so I'm a dork - what of it???? and now WB since Spike is on Angel now and Buffy is over.

I'm such a dope I've stayed up too late because my husband is working late and I can't sleep when he's not home and anyhow so the point is that with hockey merely weeks away... and I wont be seeing it except games i actually attend -- I just feel all weepy .. :saddevil::evilcry:

I ordered Center Ice today. There's a whopping $10 off early bird special. It's something like $150 for the year, they break it into four installments.

I'd so do that...but then I have to get Direct TV If i had extra cash I'd get the whole digital cable + center ice and of course the stupid sports package of MSG, FSNY and some other og yeah duh YES... I'd cave fer sure. You think people have principals just because they're poor? it certainly makes it a lot easier to stick to them :P

oh and -- heehee -- i almost reported you ESB instead of quoting... I'm reeally tired... but I won't be able to sleep. Thanks goodness for casual friday

I ordered Center Ice today. There's a whopping $10 off early bird special. It's something like $150 for the year, they break it into four installments.

just called comcast and they said the early bird special is $139 and it comes on 1 bill not in installments. i have to think about it for a bit before i decide. if i get it i should get all the devils games except when on metro and espn?

If you live in Michigan, then you'll see *every* Devils game, no matter who's carrying it! Even if you don't have ESPN and it's an ESPN exclusive, you'll get it on Center Ice. So you're in good shape!

[One change - once the Conference Finals start - there is no more Center Ice. So you'll need ESPN to see the games they carry.]

If you live in Michigan, then you'll see *every* Devils game, no matter who's carrying it! Even if you don't have ESPN and it's an ESPN exclusive, you'll get it on Center Ice. So you're in good shape!

[One change - once the Conference Finals start - there is no more Center Ice. So you'll need ESPN to see the games they carry.]

well that closes the deal for me, i shall be ordering it. thanks for the info, i appreciate it. wouldnt be the same going all year without even watching a game.

I managed to get Center Ice for free last year. They never billed me! Looks like StarDew paid for it huh? :D

For some reason I'm getting Extra Innings right now (w/o subscribing), and those are the channels that switch over to Center Ice...so lets see if I get it for free again! ;)