Since we signed Kovy

JakeDev

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see Salvy for a 3rd round pick. He's still a decent stay at home defenseman. However, I guess I'm one of the few on here who still thinks he deserves a shot.

Many people here believe that he is a good d-man. It's just that he is one of the expendable players that's easier move.

Edited by ben00rs

If we lose Rolston, or maybe even Salvador, we're gonna have to give up a good prospect. Teams know we're desperate to dump salary now, and they're not gonna take it for nothing. I don't see both Corrente and Tedenby making it through the offseason. Tedenby becomes more expendable with Kovalchuk IMO, though I'd obviously like to keep him. If we're trading Sal or White, I'd hate to lose Corrente.

Well the topic speaks for itself.....

Who do you think LL is dumping and to who?

Rolston?

Langs?

Salvador?

Who can LL possibly have pulled off to get Kovy under the cap?

Let the assumptions begin :D

Dump Langy, make Parise the captain, then dump Rolston to the Islanders, they need to reach the cap floor.

New coach, many new faces, Brodeur clock ticking.....

Make Parise Captain now would be a mistake.

Its amazing that so many people folks are willing to rush this move.

Langs wears the C well, JL was the problem - FROM THE START. What happened to the magic of the Rolston-Lemaire combo?

Let Langs Captain the team for one more year, he leaves via FA gracefully (and w/dignity), and then (when the team and new faces have had a year to gel) Zach will be ready.

What I want? Rolston. If he goes AND we sign Kovalchuk, then Lou truly is a magician that doesn't operate in the same world of physics as us mere mortals.

What I think? Salvador. He's an easy to move piece and a really solid blue-liner.

I still think Langenbrunner needs to go after quitting on the team that he was supposed to lead and I think that would also result in the final piece of the new New Jersey Devils construct that Lou is building: a major change in attitude.

I'd love to see Rolston go, but would understand if it was some combination of Salvador + Langenbrunner. I'd be happy to see Jamie gone at this point. He showed his real colors when the chips were truly down last season and is not somebody I will root for and certainly not somebody I want leading my team.

New coach, many new faces, Brodeur clock ticking.....

Make Parise Captain now would be a mistake.

Its amazing that so many people folks are willing to rush this move.

Langs wears the C well, JL was the problem - FROM THE START. What happened to the magic of the Rolston-Lemaire combo?

Let Langs Captain the team for one more year, he leaves via FA gracefully (and w/dignity), and then (when the team and new faces have had a year to gel) Zach will be ready.

Parise is not being rushed to the C. Toews and Crosby wear it just fine.

I sincerely hope we get rid of Rolston and Salvador. Watching them was painful at times last season. Mottau got a lot of stick for his inadequacy, but at least he was on a bargain deal. Salvador was guilty of some Mottauesgue howlers that lost us points during the season but for some reason they went largely unnoticed. He is wildly overpaid for what he gives. I understand that his age plays part in his deal but still.

Bring back Rolston was just a bad signing from the start. Apart from that one spurt in the fall, he did not look like a 20 goal scorer. He's one of those guys whose stats always look better than he really is. Manages to score meaningless goals.

I sincerely hope we get rid of Rolston and Salvador. Watching them was painful at times last season. Mottau got a lot of stick for his inadequacy, but at least he was on a bargain deal. Salvador was guilty of some Mottauesgue howlers that lost us points during the season but for some reason they went largely unnoticed. He is wildly overpaid for what he gives. I understand that his age plays part in his deal but still.

Bring back Rolston was just a bad signing from the start. Apart from that one spurt in the fall, he did not look like a 20 goal scorer. He's one of those guys whose stats always look better than he really is. Manages to score "Langenbrunners".

Fixed.

Edited by ben00rs

If we lose Rolston, or maybe even Salvador, we're gonna have to give up a good prospect. Teams know we're desperate to dump salary now, and they're not gonna take it for nothing.

Bingo. Look at what the Flyers got back in exchange for Gagne... a 4th rounder and Matt Walker. Not exactly a big return for a guy who'll be playing on the wing of either Lecavalier or Stamkos and, if healthy, is a lock for 30 goals and serious PP time.

Incidentally, that trade kills my Tampa Bay dream. No way they need another $5mil left winger now that they snagged Gagne.

Looks more like Zubrus + Salvador, which would be quite a pickup for a team looking to add depth and experience to their roster. A team like Colorado could make out like bandits in this situation.

Bingo. Look at what the Flyers got back in exchange for Gagne... a 4th rounder and Matt Walker. Not exactly a big return for a guy who'll be playing on the wing of either Lecavalier or Stamkos and, if healthy, is a lock for 30 goals and serious PP time.

Incidentally, that trade kills my Tampa Bay dream. No way they need another $5mil left winger now that they snagged Gagne.

Looks more like Zubrus + Salvador, which would be quite a pickup for a team looking to add depth and experience to their roster. A team like Colorado could make out like bandits in this situation.

It's hard to admit but this is the smart bet. Zubrus was great for us in the playoffs...but you can't get EVERYTHING you want.

Still hoping to somehow see Rolston, Salvador, prospect and pick go to Tampa Bay for Paul Ranger. He is RFA even if he doesn't play this season, so Devils will retain his rights.

Not holding my breath though. I would be sad to see Zubrus go, but his value is probably as high as possible following the playoffs.

Okay, I guess I'm gonna have to be the a$$hole: do we really want a guy named "Ranger" on the Devils? :P

Okay, I guess I'm gonna have to be the a$$hole: do we really want a guy named "Ranger" on the Devils? :P

I'll join you in the a$$hole club and say, "NO!"

Imterestingly enough though I'd rather see him in a Devs sweater than Sh!tan.

Edited by ben00rs

It's hard to admit but this is the smart bet. Zubrus was great for us in the playoffs...but you can't get EVERYTHING you want.

Aye. Would be sad to see Zubrus go. My kind of a player - one that delivers when it matters. And hopefully teams will appreciate Salvador more than I do. Not that my opinion counts. Wish it did.

Nice work on the fix btw. Like it..."Langenbrunners"...

We need Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubrus. I hate to see him go. Roslton, Mr. slapshot hits the glass behind the goal and Mr. Lose every puck battle could go, it would save us a lot of grief. Salvador can be traded. He'll find a nice home somewhere. Figure one of our prospects are going bye bye, my guess is Toronto.

Rolston and a Prospect for a 3rd round pick in next years draft to Toronto. Something like that.

Kabarle is going bye bye for younger players. Toronto is gearing up for youth and prospects. GM was willing to take on salary last year for prospects. I figure he'll do the same this year. Just a theory. Take it for what it's worth. If Rolston comes with a decent prospect Toronto GM may take on salary.

My guess is Corentte and Rolston to Toronto.

Salvador to somewhere.

Boom, that should be enough to keep Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuubrus.

I've been thinking that that CO might take Rolston, they're currently at 38.4 mil and need to get to what? 43 something? Well, I'm thinking a certain 5 million dollar player might fit that mold.

I know they are trying to go young, but this helps them get to the floor and not have to over pay their younger players for the next two years.

Edit: And yes I know Rolston would have to agree to this, but they're a young team that is exciting to watch and he might enjoy being apart of that.

Edited by CADevilsFan

I've been thinking that that CO might take Rolston, they're currently at 38.4 mil and need to get to what? 43 something? Well, I'm thinking a certain 5 million dollar player might fit that mold.

I know they are trying to go young, but this helps them get to the floor and not have to over pay their younger players for the next two years.

True, but don't overlook the fact that Chris Stewart and Peter Mueller are RFAs right now. ;) They're bound to get decent pay raises... especially Stewart and the monster season he posted.

In another thread I was more specific, thinking Rolston/Zubrus + Salvador for John-Michael Liles would make sense for both teams. Devils shed salary and get a puck-moving defenseman, Colorado gets experience and depth.

We need Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubrus. I hate to see him go.

It would definitely be difficult to watch a big RW who is playing well get shipped off. But it's a lot easier to move your treasures than it is to move garbage.

Aye. Would be sad to see Zubrus go. My kind of a player - one that delivers when it matters. And hopefully teams will appreciate Salvador more than I do. Not that my opinion counts. Wish it did.

Nice work on the fix btw. Like it..."Langenbrunners"...

*Bows*

BTW: Welcome to the forums!

Edited by ben00rs

My guess is Corentte and Rolston to Toronto.

Salvador to somewhere.

Anybody think Toronto could be persuaded to take Tedenby instead of Corrente? I see Corrente being more valuable to us now.