2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Yeah that drive was almost as big a clusterfvck as the Giants' defense at the end of the game. Granted by the last two throws all we did was save the two timeouts for the Steelers but earlier in the drive both receivers went out of bounds when they didn't need to and that alone would have made them take a couple timeouts earlier. If that had happened maybe we call the last two plays differently.

Well it's up to the D now, at least Whitehurst pinned them at the 2.

Wow, Jason Taylor...really?! NICE :)

You'd think he would deserve some credit for trying be unpredictable and creative. Seemed like Pittsburgh was more than prepared for those plays though.

One pass there would have been okay (when it got to 2nd and 5 on the next to last drive) but really two is just too reckless, not to mention that stupid fade on the very last third down. But it wasn't just the coaching, the receivers were running out of bounds too. If they lose this now it'll be because of the idiotic clock management. Not to mention that horse**** defense on 3rd and 28, whatever it was.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Epic win, just monumental for this team. We went into maybe the toughest stadium to play in football, on a ratty field, bad weather and Sanchez executed brilliantly. Yea yea Polamalu was out, but every team has injuries and I doubt they gash us with Mendenhall and all those piece of cake 3rd and 20 conversions if Leonhard was back there.

What can you say about Rothlisberger. Horrible personal conduct, and a big fat snake on the field. One of the hardest players to corral, you just knew, even when the Jets had them backed up at the 2 that he would will them downfield. But they stopped 'em, the Jets covered brilliantly in the endzone in the final seconds, Roethlisberger had nobody open. Even if his last 2 heaves were caught they would've both come down out of bounds.

Shottenheimer was hit and miss as usual. Brilliant call on the naked bootleg for the TD, but under 3 minutes when we had the ball, we threw some silly passes that fell incomplete or were batted down. It saved Pittsburgh time and timeouts

Whew, that safety turned out to be the play of the game - otherwise we're staring at OT or worse. But this was a huge gut check win for the Jets. Can't wait to hear that douche Francesa now on Mike'D up, whining about the Giants and have to struggle to give credit to the Jets :lol:

And now we can finally put the nonsense away about how the Jets never beat a good team (even though they did beat the Pats in Week 2).

Edited by NJDevs4978

Whew, that safety turned out to be the play of the game - otherwise we're staring at OT or worse. But this was a huge gut check win for the Jets. Can't wait to hear that douche Francesa now on Mike'D up, whining about the Giants and have to struggle to give credit to the Jets :lol:

And now we can finally put the nonsense away about how the Jets never beat a good team (even though they did beat the Pats in Week 2).

:thumbsup:

excellent point

Major credit to Braylon Edwards. Lots of clutch grabs, held on to everything, threw some key blocks.

Folk who was hanging on by a string a few weeks ago was 2/2 today (and I know they weren't especially long kicks) but still, it's tough to kick here in that stadium, plus he made his 2 kicks last week in the rain. He's rebounded nicely from that little funk. Kickoffs still need to be better

Weatherford was tremendous punting the ball.

Great job by the backs picking up blitzers

Jason Taylor coming out of nowhere to pick up the safety...he seems to dissapear for long stretches but then steps up to make mammoth plays when you least expect it.

Brad Smith, always finds a way to make an impact. The seminole has been scalped of late, but he's still so hard to bring down on returns. I love how he doesn't dance and spin around on returns (ahem, cromartie on the free kick) just finds a hole, bursts threw it, and god help you if you try to arm tackle him.

road-warriors-dvd-cover21-38-37.jpg

.."In their last 15 road games.. the Jets have a 12-3 record!"

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I heard it on WFAN coming home tonight.. double checked it when I got to the laptop.. and I still don't believe it. I don't ever remember a Jets team playing this proficient on the road, in all my years watching them. Whether it's 100° in Miami, or freezing snow like today.. it doesn't matter. The focus that this team is able to show, in the face of the "12th Man" is unparalleled. It's like they completely tune out the home field crowd. I can honestly say.. I look forward to away games, more than the ones played @ Meadowlands.

The playoffs, as far as sheer match-up's & scenarios, may end up being exactly what the doctor ordered for Gang Green. The first reason being how well they play on the road, and the 2nd reason, (and I've thought long and hard about this one) I DON'T WANT THE BYE WEEK! :ph34r: The Jets lost after their bye week this season.. they lost after their bye week last season.. and even the 2nd Patriots game (although not after a bye week) was 11 days after the Bengals game. Too much time off the field, doesn't work with the Jets. They get rusty, and they get sloppy. This team plays better in rhythm. It's almost as if they over prepare for their opponent, and psych themselves out. You can even look at the 1st game of the season against Baltimore, when they had the whole preseason to prepare for that game.

Let's enjoy 10-4 boys.. and hope to God we can make it 11, in Chicago next week. :rock:

I will make a visit to your team's domain for a dance of my own later on, after the Steelers hand you your 3rd consecutive loss.

fortune-hazy-try-again-later-cookie.jpg

Edited by Beezer34

I cannot remember a season with so many ridiculous distractions!! :argh:

Let's see (since the offseason)..

*Rex flips Dolphin's fans an obscene gesture.. *F`bomb disruption on Hardknocks.. *verbal harassment towards Ines Sainz.. *lack of discipline shown for Braylon Edwards' DWI.. *Rex's "poor taste" in dressing up like his brother, during a press conference.. *Rex's "poor taste" in comparing his wife, to supermodel Gisele Bundchen.. *Sal Alosi allegedly being instructed by coaches, to deliberately trip Nolan Carroll.. and now, finally.. kinky foot fetish video's released.

..am I forgetting anything? ;)