2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Lmfao, this win made my season. Big ups to our punter, who was a fvcking magician. Oh yeah, and real classy by the Jet coach tripping Nolan Carrol. Real professional. But I shouldn't be surprised, considering the level of class exemplified by Fat fvck Rex. Enjoy Pittsburgh next week Jet fans.

Edited by MadDog2020

The Defense: 5 sacks.. 2 forced fumbles.. 1 TD allowed.. just outstanding.

The Offense: Total Sh!t.

....I said it before, and I'll say it again. You are NOT going to win games in the NFL, if you can't score touchdowns! 4 losses.. ZERO TD's! Embarrassing! Inexcusable! PATHETIC! smiley-angry050.gif

Lost on a combination of bad passes and dropped passes, and the o-line not being able to open up holes and protect the way were used to seeing. Couldn't put together a drive with more than 2 good plays all game long.

Perfectly put. The running game has been an absolute joke.. and I find it hard to point the blame on LT & Greene. Watch the replay's on the Cincy\NE\Miami games, and tell me if you see any open lanes? :noclue: Sanchez has 40 yrds rushing in the last 2 games! That's the only way you're going to run for yrds on this team.. out in space. Because lately, the o'line hasn't been doing SH!T.

Lmfao, this win made my season. Big ups to our punter, who was a fvcking magician. Oh yeah, and real classy by the Jet coach tripping Nolan Carrol. Real professional. But I shouldn't be surprised, considering the level of class exemplified by Fat fvck Rex. Enjoy Pittsburgh next week Jet fans.

smiley-angry026.gif

..it figures a Dolphins fan would be happier his team didn't get swept by the Jets.. as opposed to actually focusing on the fact that his team still has a shot at the playoffs.

image.jpg

....PS: Somebody tell Sparano he's gone next season.

wow. r we witnessing a colapse here

Put it this way.. if we finish the season @ 9-7 (and that's assuming we lose all our remaining games) we still have a 40% chance in making the playoffs. If we win only 1 more game, and end the season @ 10-6.. our chances of making the playoffs go up to 75%. 2 more wins, and it's a lock! It doesn't matter what anyone else does, an 11-5 record clinches the postseason for Jets.

Now (ideally) I would like to win out all our remaining games.. and coast into the playoffs @ 12-4, riding momentum. But that's not happening, so let's examine the schedule objectively. If you look at the 3 games left, the rubber match is Chicago imo. My logic in saying that is; *We'll beat the Bills.. *We'll lose to Pittsburgh.. *The Bears game is the divide.

Let's see what happens.

------------------------------

EDIT: WFAN is speculating that (based on RR's postgame comments) Schotty may get the boot, as early as tomorrow.

When asked how concerned he was about the playcalling, Ryan responded; "I'm very concerned. Something's got to change, because this isn't good enough." -When asked directly about Brian Schottenheimer, Ryan said; "..we're going to be looking at everything, and evaluating going forward." Speculation regarding Schottenheimer's position was brought into question earlier this week: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/3383/is-rex-sending-a-message-to-schotty

Edited by Beezer34

Id not be surprised to see Schotty go. Will Muschamp is targeting him for Florida OC, as Brian is a Gator.

Sal Alosi should be fired as well for that trip. He admitted it was intentional which was obvious, but thats pretty disgusting for a coach to be pulling that sh!t.

That's nuts Beezer...I'm not really for midseason shakeups of the coaching staff but this team does need a kick in the rear end. Schottenheimer I feel gets a bit too much grief at times (he's had his ups and downs, but he isn't Hackett bad) but we do have Callahan in the wings who has a good head for offense

Maybe an abrupt firing isn't the way to go..."reassignment" to special offensive consultant, something like that.

It wouldn't be unprecedented, didn't Coughlin fire his OC with one game to go in the season a few years back? I somehow doubt Rex s*itcans Shanny but who knows...no offensive TD's in two weeks with the talent we have is just pathetic. While I agree with 7 that Schotty has his good moments, sometimes you just need a different voice or brain.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Defense: 5 sacks.. 2 forced fumbles.. 1 TD allowed.. just outstanding.

The Offense: Total Sh!t.

....I said it before, and I'll say it again. You are NOT going to win games in the NFL, if you can't score touchdowns! 4 losses.. ZERO TD's! Embarrassing! Inexcusable! PATHETIC! smiley-angry050.gif

Perfectly put. The running game has been an absolute joke.. and I find it hard to point the blame on LT & Greene. Watch the replay's on the Cincy\NE\Miami games, and tell me if you see any open lanes? :noclue: Sanchez has 40 yrds rushing in the last 2 games! That's the only way you're going to run for yrds on this team.. out in space. Because lately, the o'line hasn't been doing SH!T.

smiley-angry026.gif

..it figures a Dolphins fan would be happier his team didn't get swept by the Jets.. as opposed to actually focusing on the fact that his team still has a shot at the playoffs.

image.jpg

....PS: Somebody tell Sparano he's gone next season.

Put it this way.. if we finish the season @ 9-7 (and that's assuming we lose all our remaining games) we still have a 40% chance in making the playoffs. If we win only 1 more game, and end the season @ 10-6.. our chances of making the playoffs go up to 75%. 2 more wins, and it's a lock! It doesn't matter what anyone else does, an 11-5 record clinches the postseason for Jets.

Now (ideally) I would like to win out all our remaining games.. and coast into the playoffs @ 12-4, riding momentum. But that's not happening, so let's examine the schedule objectively. If you look at the 3 games left, the rubber match is Chicago imo. My logic in saying that is; *We'll beat the Bills.. *We'll lose to Pittsburgh.. *The Bears game is the divide.

Let's see what happens.

------------------------------

EDIT: WFAN is speculating that (based on RR's postgame comments) Schotty may get the boot, as early as tomorrow.

When asked how concerned he was about the playcalling, Ryan responded; "I'm very concerned. Something's got to change, because this isn't good enough." -When asked directly about Brian Schottenheimer, Ryan said; "..we're going to be looking at everything, and evaluating going forward." Speculation regarding Schottenheimer's position was brought into question earlier this week: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/3383/is-rex-sending-a-message-to-schotty

Lmfao, I hope Sparano is gone next year. Won't hear any compalaints from me. I'd look into promoting Nolan. And I'm realistic about our playoff chances- they aren't good. We need too much help. If we get in, I'll dance a jig, but its most likely not happening.

Lmfao, I hope Sparano is gone next year. Won't hear any compalaints from me. I'd look into promoting Nolan. And I'm realistic about our playoff chances- they aren't good. We need too much help. If we get in, I'll dance a jig, but its most likely not happening.

This.

Either the Jets or Ravens have to bottom out AND Miami has to win all three of its remaining games. They are winnable (vs. BUF, vs. DET, @NE Week 17) but anything can happen in a given Sunday.

Re: Sporano, if he runs the table and makes the playoffs, I can't see him getting fired. 10-6 and no playoffs might keep his job. But the OC is gone.

Are the Jets beginning to implode from within?

---------------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/un_served_rip_lkvpbkJjnt6S0F65ZD6mUM

*Shaun Ellis 'Frustrated' to hear Rex's roast:

"Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis couldn't believe his ears after the game; "The defense produced five sacks and three fumble recoveries, but according to Rex we played like [explanative]. He said we weren't good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that's what he was talking about. It's frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game. I don't know. I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10." Granted, the Jets lost to the Dolphins 10-6 and all losses are team losses, but the Jets' defense held the Dolphins to 131 yards of total offense, a total of six first downs (one in the second half) and just five completions. The criticism did not sit well with the defensive players, likely explaining why most of them bolted from the locker room before reporters were allowed in. Linebacker Bart Scott, the so-called leader of the group, had someone bring him his clothes from his locker."

ouch! -_-<_<

Edited by Beezer34

Are the Jets beginning to implode from within?

---------------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/un_served_rip_lkvpbkJjnt6S0F65ZD6mUM

*Shaun Ellis 'Frustrated' to hear Rex's roast:

"Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis couldn't believe his ears after the game; "The defense produced five sacks and three fumble recoveries, but according to Rex we played like [explanative]. He said we weren't good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that's what he was talking about. It's frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game. I don't know. I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10." Granted, the Jets lost to the Dolphins 10-6 and all losses are team losses, but the Jets' defense held the Dolphins to 131 yards of total offense, a total of six first downs (one in the second half) and just five completions. The criticism did not sit well with the defensive players, likely explaining why most of them bolted from the locker room before reporters were allowed in. Linebacker Bart Scott, the so-called leader of the group, had someone bring him his clothes from his locker."

ouch! -_-<_<

If Rex really said that about the D then Shaun Ellis and every other Jets' defensive player has a right to be pissed off at him. They did not cost the Jets that game at all; their second coming of Broadway Joe Namath Quarterback/Offensive Coordinator/entire offense did. If you hold an opponent to that limited offensive production your offense has to win you the game, bottom line. Maybe Rex is mad they didn't get a pick 6....